Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Chris1 posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 2:46am

Great birthday gift indeed :D

Another great chapter :)

Chris

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 1:42am

I have read several Harry-Takes-Over-the-Prophet scernarios.

This one is the best in that you captured a logical takeover financially, and the physical takeover actions onsite at the newspaper's property. You also did a fine job of setting proper grouind rules for objective journalism. (I'll do what might be considered the opposite soon.)

Fine work.

Selector11 posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 1:12am

Great story, and another great chapter.

t_gebhardt posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 10:11pm

Is Proffesor McGonagall aware of the Trust-Me-Charm around Dumbledore?

Crys replied:

Harry hasn't told her about it.   But she's not blindly following AD, especially after the words they've had over Harry's actions (her support and AD's opposition).

McG was at the Halloween feast when AD confronted Harry and Godric, so she was present when Godric flared his own "trust me".   She's a smart witch.   Wouldn't surprise me if she figured out the unspoken comments.

Lira posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 7:11pm

Oh, brilliant chapter! I love Rita Skeeter getting what she's got coming!

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 5:34pm

LOL, oh gracious! You've made my day!
(esp. Ginny's letter and Fidelius on "Harry")

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 4:56pm

Fabulous story... as always... and very fun chapter. Though, I must... as an enthralled reader, complain about its length... TOO SHORT!!!

Okay, now that is out of the way. I like how quickly Harry got controlling interest in the Daily Prophet and I eagerly look forward to how honest reporting can be utilized. After all, not all propaganda is fiction. Perhaps revealing the some truths about our favorite dark lord and his muggle ancestery would be appropriate? Although Harry will need to have security increased in order to properly protect the reporters if they are no longer going to be printing the lies that have been so prevalent in the past.

Please post more soon.

Crys replied:

Propaganda, fear, and half-truths are Voldy's tools.   An honest paper will be an asset.

Harry already did write a story about Riddle's ancestry.   Over the summer or early in the school year, I think.

gwenstarr posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 3:51pm

awesome, awesome, awesome.... THAT WAS FREAKIN' AMAZING!! i don't review too often, but i love your story! and this chapter had me dying!! keep up the good work!!

Faith1 posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 3:26pm

lols sry had to comment on the Fidelius on the name-- I can imagine Voldemort--
"We must kill that- that Potter boy, oh holy hades what was his name? Harold? Brian? Waldo? GAH! My heas is going to ex-" *Voldemort's head explodes* --------:D


I have come to the conclusion that you're Gryffindor's heir.
-wow. The girls a genius *is sarcastic*

(you weren't really going to do anything serious, were you?),
-bet again sweetheart!


little Death Nibblers
-lols i like that

I think just about every girl over third year (and a few of the guys) want to jump your bones.

-I can imagaine Harry's reaction over the guys wanting to jump his bones bit lols

The rest of the female population of Hogwarts, though . . . Well, as I said, I'm giving you a friendly warning.

-Ex-Auror dies from death glare
One thing I noticed yesterday morning was Dumbledore walking out of McGonagall's quarters. This wouldn't be so strange except I'd awakened at five and just checked the map on a whim. Do you think there's something going on there?

-AHHHHHH!!! *Clutches knees and starts rocking back and forht* Youve scarred me 4ever!!!

"I do appreciate what you are trying to do, Lord-Baron, but I am afraid that it is simply out of the question. While doing business with or for a wizard that we respect, all goblins will refer to you by your title."

-I like that they respect him and vice versa


"Another rule," Harry announced. "Either call him Voldemort or Tom Riddle. You're just adding to the irrational fear by not using his name. It's what he wants you to do."

-Changes are being brought about, tres magnifique!

Ken Warner posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 3:05pm

everybody knows that all the professors except Snape are in a line marriage and cavort in the staff bathrooms, which of course are more opulent than the mere prefects... right???

loved the chapter - now that is some fabulous birthday gift

thanks for such an enjoyable story.

Crys replied:

Okay, that's just a disturbing image, considering Snape, Filch, and Hagrid are all on staff . . .

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 2:45pm

Another excellent chapter. The main bulk is Daily Prophet stuff, and it was very good. I like it when Harry buys the Prophet and the Author doesn't screw up his or her rules for the printing of it. What you have added in rules will make for an honest paper, Harry's participation included. Sometimes an author does not seem to see the need for the paper to be honest about the main character as well, but I am glad to see that you do show that value.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Renzo7 posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 2:20pm

nice chapter, hope to see the outcome soon.

Alex00 posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:49pm

Great chapter.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:45pm

The Lightning is striking more targets...this time, it's the Daily Prophet that winds up in Harry's pocket. He bins Rita, warns the editor, and bring over Amelia and a half-dozen Aurors to start checking the entire DP staff for Dark Marks. They are about to learn the same lesson the Headmaster is STILL learning: ALWAYS BET ON HARRY.

noylj posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:30pm

Like it? I love it. This is one of about ten stories I check for updates as often as I can. I just wish the chapters were longer and came more frequently, but since you aren't paid for this...

matthiasblack posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:24pm

Brilliant!! I'm glad you updated and I like the chapter. The way you are having Harry systematically take down those that hurt him is great and I am loving every minute of it. I hope your next update doesn't take as long because I want to read it now. Good luck with the rest of the fic.

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:24pm

What was in the article about Umbridge's Trial anyway? I'd really like to read it.

I hope Harry exposes Rita Skeeter for the "Insect" she really is.

Nicely done!

taxzombie posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 1:13pm

Very nice birthday present! A most enjoyable chapter. Loved reading about the start of Rita's downfall. I look forward to the continuation in the next chapter. A most pleasing read.

Roberta Johnson posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 12:10pm

Go,Harry! Goddess, what a shock for Rita! Noone deserves it more.

She frowned. "Won't the majority owners, whoever they are, object?"

Harry grinned, eyes sparkling. "No, I won't."

Love it!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 11:57am

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to do that to Rita Skeeter . . . even if she is only a character from a story . . . .