Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 6:33am

Nice to see a new chapter. :-)

The Head Boy/Girl pair requirement is well thought out.

I was rather surprised that Harry spilled so many secrets to Seamus and Dean. Harry & Tonks making out in the owner's box was pretty amusing, though. :-)

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

Amamama posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 6:22am

Thank you. Neat to have Seamus and Dean sneaking out and finding Harry at a football game. Albeit caught in a compromising situation. Poor Seamus, falling in love with Tonks when she's so obviously off the market, but that's part of being young.

The governor angry at Harry for not doing more, was a good way to show how part of the public has a screwed image of Harry and his 'duty'. Unfortunately, for the grieving grandfather at least, it's not Harry who's to blame, but the entire grown-up wizarding populus, who allowed someone like Voldemort to grow in power. I look forward to see when, if ever, they realize their part in that.

Thanks!

Treck posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 5:31am

looks at the last line...

CRUCIO!

Bloody authors and there cliff-hangers.

Nice job.

Crys replied:

Didn't anyone ever tell you that casting an Unforgiveable against the author will only slow me down?  

Merlin knows that RL keeps me slow enough.   It doesn't need any help, Treck ;)

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 5:17am

*chuckles* The scene at the football game was a hoot, I imagine Harry will "get" Remus for sending in his friends as interruptions of his "quality time". The Board of Governors meeting was absolutely fascinating with the various manipulations and that last line is most definitely going to get readers waiting avidly for the next chapter.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 5:05am

Wow, nice goal shot to the NADS at the end vs Dumbledore Un-united. ahahaha. Great start with remus's setup of the couple and dean and seamus's talk with them. The contentiousness of Smythe in the board meeting was also excellent as was the discussion of snape. Cheers!

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 5:04am

what a wonderful chapter. will harry say yes? or will he just put limitations on what dumbledore can or can't do? I look forward to more. Keep up the good work

thanks for sharing

'Mione

Gardengirl posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 4:15am

Dun duh duh DUN! Will Harry sack Dumbledore?

I like how you include others' bunnies. It's a nice method of bunny disposal painless to the primary bunny victims. Yea!

Anaknisatanas posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 2:05am

So was it deliberate? Will Snape be brought in for questioning? Clearly if it was deliberate something needs to be done. I also think that its too bad Shack and his family are leaving the Keep but I can understand his reasoning given that Laura should be around people her own age. Will Harry need to find another body guard though?

Crys replied:

Yes, no, I agree, and he doesn't need another one.

Snape did it deliberately, but no, he won't be punished (directly) for it.   Harry, OtoH, has already done more damage to the man that really hurts.   An injury to his prestige / standing / ego will hurt worse than any Cruciatus.   More on that in the new chapter that was just posted.

No need for more bodyguards.   Three was too many anyway, really.

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd May 2007 9:18am

That was good update soon

Ina posted a comment on Monday 30th April 2007 6:30am

The last two days I spent my time to re-read this story. I loved it (and at this time I'm favouring slash stories) and I'm wondering which way do you want to go. The "new twist" with Snape is something I'm curious about. And before I say something about the story-plot I'm asking for more...very soon, please?
Ina

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying it.

The next chapter is in process.   No promises on the timing.

Cynthia1850 posted a comment on Sunday 29th April 2007 9:26am

Wow, what a wonderful writer you are. This is one of the best stories. I am also so totally bummed because I have finally caught up to you. Now I have to wait like the rest of your readers...boo hoo. I will definitely be watching this closely for more chapters.

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying it.   Next chapter is in process.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Friday 27th April 2007 5:18pm

I like the story so far, and if Hermione can't be with Harry a quiet but intelligent Ravenclaw boyfriend suits her nicely.

Ron...you've paid him the proper attention...haha he is such an idiot. I like your Ginny and Neville...perhaps some Luna in the rest of the story?

Dumbledore might have poisoned Snape in an attempt to train Harry, and force Harry into obedience....eh who knows. Voldemort doesn't have a vested enough interest in that to bother...at least I wouldn't think so.

Thanks for writing,
Matt

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Friday 27th April 2007 12:26pm

Harry and Ginny were doing some harmless flirting as far as I could tell...she is a girl he is a guy they are comfortable with each other that's all the more I read into their letters.

I like Honks...

Reading on...

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 2:30pm

Damn.. I ran out of chapters allreaddy? I just started this last night!! OK I think we need an update here. This story is great it's pretty cool seeing Harry as Lord Potter Black Gryffindor and Harry and Tonks together.

I can't wait to see what happens with Remus and I think snape got off to easy you should have let Tonks hit him some more :)

Crys replied:

Oh, I can't seriously hurt Snape.   I haven't finished abusing him yet.

Sorry, did I say that out loud?

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 25th April 2007 4:34am

Interesting development. And certainly a good way of kicking Snape out of the castle...

Chris Harris posted a comment on Friday 20th April 2007 5:43pm

Awesome story i hope you update soon

grey_shadow_horse posted a comment on Friday 20th April 2007 6:13am

I really like this fic. It's one of the best HP/NT that I've read. I look forwards to read more, so I hope that you can update soon. ~greetz GSH~

in-kinsfire posted a comment on Wednesday 18th April 2007 11:28pm

Its interesting to see Harry's authority over the castle, but please be careful that it doesn't become a deus ex machina (or is that castla?). Having it be a partner is fine, but simply fixing problems left and right may not be. Something to think about, IMHO.

Please continue.

Crys replied:

Fear not, I don't plan on anything further with Harry ordering the castle around.

Thanks for the review.

SerendipitousNightcrawler posted a comment on Wednesday 18th April 2007 1:28am

First off, I'd like to thank you for the update. It came at the perfect time and offered a very nice distraction from everything that's been happening here in Virginia since Monday.

It would seem that you're going with an evil Snape in your story. I'm not sure what to think about this as I'd like to believe that, as much of a misguided, minipulitive old coot he can be, Dumbledore's still a good guy and wouldn't be that wrong about a person. But then again I guess there were the Pettigrew and fake-Moody instances. I'm curious which camp you're in regarding Snape's loyalties, but I think an email might be better suited for that. Either way, I find it hard to believe that he would deliberately botch the potion after having made it so many times for DD without incident. Certainly he would know that even if Harry died, somebody would know he did it on purpose and come after him. Snape maybe a greasy git, but he's not stupid and he'd never paint himself into a corner like that.

I agree that there's a great lacking of candidates for the Head Boy position in Harry's year, but I don't think that co-Head Girls would be a solution that any headmaster would choose simply because of the duties of the position requiring the need for a person of each sex in order to allow them to go places like dormitories and bathrooms, not to mention that I would assume that position is there for students to have a peer to go to to voice concerns in confidence that they might not be comfortable telling a teacher. Also, you mentioned earlier in the story that Ernie McMillian was taking up a leadership role in the DA, why is he not a viable candidate?

Lastly, I don't see why Minister Abbott would be so stubbornly against eliminating the dementors. I'm certain you have your reasons for it, but I must admit that I sense there might be something fishy going on behind the scenes, especially seeing how Percy Weasley seems to be getting so chummy with Abbott even after his staunch support of Fudge. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the had captured him and replaced him with a polyjuicer or something. But then again, maybe I'm just paranoid these days.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I hope that RL is nicer to you in the next month or so while writing the next chapter.

~R

Crys replied:

FWIW, you're welcome for the distraction.   Definitely national level news.   Wish I could say more about it, but nothing more really to say beyond the fact that VT has my condolences.

But enough about the depressing news.

I'll answer the question about Snape's loyalties here.   Please note that this is my personal opinion and not necessarily what direction the story will go.

I think he's playing both ends, truly loyal to neither.   He's in it for himself (the ultimate Slytherin trait).   No matter which side wins, he's going to be well regarded afterwards (or so he's planning).   The problem is the tightrope he must walk in the meantime.

Now, what direction the story goes with this is another question entirely.

As to why Snape is acting in a seemingly self-destructive fashion with regards to Harry:   That'll be explained by the end of the story.   Some theories were introduced in this chapter, though.

Head Boy: You're right that a student male authority figure would be generally needed.   But if nobody qualfies, what's AD to do?   Ernie may be a decent choice, but we don't know what kind of student he is.   He could be disqualified just on that count.  

Minister Abbott and the dementors: eliminating them altogether could be construed as genocide.   Nobody knows if they're sentient or not.

Percy: Sorry, you're seeing conspiracies on that one.   It really is Percy.   He's just trying to be the best officious Ministry drone that he can be.   Hey, everyone has to have a goal in life, right? :)

Thanks for the in-depth review.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 4:38pm

Enjoyable chapter, particularly the section highlighting the 'relationship' between Harry and Hogwarts.

Like Tonks and Harry, I feel there must be more to explain Snape's behaviour.