Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 2:00pm

So, was Blaise male or female?
The problem with epilogues is that they always sound so boring.
I hope Harry had a lot of happiness during the rest of his life.
Thanks for the story, but there still was no explanation of how Moldie survived the "rebounded" killing curse (though I certainly don't miss those damned horcruxes).

Crys replied:

Blaise. Well, in canon it's a he, but in most earlier fic it's a she. As for in my epi? Either works.

Yes, Harry had a long life of happiness. I didn't see the need to write about his joy teaching his kids to ride a broom or watching his daughter play seeker. "And they all lived happily ever after."

No, I never really did give a specific reason for Moldy surviving. Then again, neither did JKR until she made up horcruxes at the spur of the moment. Unnamed "dark rituals" is good enough for the situation.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 3:34am

I know that I would want to remove my daughter from safety and put her in the abattoir known as Hoggy. Wouldn't any loving parent want the thrill of Hoggy over the safety of The Keep.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 2:54am

Snarky, thy name is Bumbles...

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 4:17pm

I wish my wife had EVER teased me like that...

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 3:23am

Remus is wrong. Based on canon, Harry is anything but smart.
He idolized two of his abusers and married "she-who-wanted-the-boy-who-lived." Didn't see any sign of brains in Harry anywhere in that story.
Also, Bumbles is being awful quiet through this story. He is so convinced of his own godhood, he couldn't possibly stop manipulating and playing games.

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 1:31am

One should put Dewey on the "put out of business, permanently" list.
Maybe get some investigators to look into his clientele.

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 6th April 2010 8:55pm

So, Ami is a bit prejudiced against Weres?
Too bad you killed Susan. She didn't deserve it. You could have killed Molly, or Dolores, or some unknown student, or Finch-Fletchly (or whatever), or Ernie McMillan, or Michael Corner, or some besides Susan.

Crys replied:

No, Amelia isn't prejudiced. Just acknowledging Harry's unorthodox choice. Especially by bringing him into the Ministry, a place known to be rife with anti-were bigotry.

Yes, I could've killed any of those others. But I wanted someone close to Harry but not too close. A name that makes everyone sit up, take notice, and realize that "yes, this really is affecting people close to me".

Thanks for the review.

maddsloth posted a comment on Monday 22nd March 2010 7:34pm

Nice story, the run through the house was cool liked Voldemort’s end a sword in the back is always a nice way to take him out.

maddsloth posted a comment on Monday 22nd March 2010 6:21pm

"I'm sorry to say that being the Heir of a Founder does not give me access to any forgotten arcane lore from the time of Merlin.
"This key is to the family Gringotts vault. There is no money in there, but rather something much more valuable. Knowledge.
"The Gryffindor vault had nothing but books," Harry pointed out
- Aside from having access to Gryffindor himself, he does have knowledge from about 1k years ago. Well assuming he ever even bothered to look at it.

"They aren't Marked," Harry pointed out. "I remember the aurors saying that.
- I guess that means they do not need to be tried since they are not marked they did nothing wrong?
"Based on what I just saw, you won't be in any legal trouble.
- It is almost funny how there is always more of a worry about Harry being in trouble for defending himself then the attackers being in trouble

maddsloth posted a comment on Monday 22nd March 2010 5:09pm

"That was Auror Drake. I got the warning to him in time about the bad Wolfsbane. All of the werewolves have been contained. Several people got scratches,
- A man who happens to be a known Death Eater may have purposeful sabotaged a potion that left all werewolf’s in less than secure situations and very dangerous to any and all people anywhere near them but that is not grounds to question him with veritaserum? Your legal system may be more jacked up then even JKR’s legal system.

"I dunno. Whatever the problem, I plan on staying away from him for the rest of my life."
- Another case of extreme abuse and Harry like with the Dursleys Harry turn the other cheek, which cares if he helped kill your parents, assaulted, belittled, and helped attack, whenever he got the chance. Why is he so forgiving even a Priest would have thrown down the gauntlet by now. All your stories I have read are good, just Harry always seems to be a pushover when ‘push comes to shove’.

maddsloth posted a comment on Monday 22nd March 2010 5:17am

All in all nice chapter,

This is a funny way of doing things it seems you could literally kill ten thousand people and if it is your first conviction be sent to Azkaban, for future brake out. But if you kill one person go to Azkaban then escape and kill a second person you will get the kiss. Some people should be executed the first time around, if not all of them. I now it is odd arguing since it is fake but this is how we treat violent sex offenders, rape a 4 year old girl and get a slap on the wrist, rape and kill your next victim then you might be in trouble. But by your 5th conviction you may get life.

maddsloth posted a comment on Monday 22nd March 2010 4:34am

I was going to complain about the fact that Harry just let the Dursleys off the hook for 15 years of hell and criminal activity but then I remembered that that is pretty much how all your stories are Harry is very nice to all his enemies, Dumbledore like if you will.

But the least he should have take down the freak wards protecting their house. Why should he allow them to enjoy the protection of the very thing they abused him for?

maddsloth posted a comment on Sunday 21st March 2010 11:36pm

I do not advocate execution of Death Eaters upon first arrest
- Why not? Upon capture, interrogation, and conviction the only difference is they get to escape and kill a few more people before they are killed. This seems kind of stupid.

maddsloth posted a comment on Sunday 21st March 2010 2:23pm

"I heard a rumor that you were attacked and seriously hurt by brains, Weasley. How ironic is that?" Draco asked
- That had me rolling

How has he yet to tell his allies in Hogwarts about the compulsion charm on Dumbles? Or did I miss him telling them?

maddsloth posted a comment on Sunday 21st March 2010 3:18am

"Good. Second, any previously convicted Death Eaters who are re-captured after escape are put to death after questioning.
- Naturally I am having a hard time with this coming from the Harry of like 2 chapters ago who was inconsolable because he indirectly killed a Death Eater. Not to say I have a problem at all with killing ‘bad guys’.

That's the first step down a very slippery slope, Harry," Remus warned him.
- How so? They should be killed upon their first conviction if they raped, killed or tortured innocent people.

maddsloth posted a comment on Sunday 21st March 2010 12:24am

Kingsley was just checking the second of these when he sighed and shook his head. "This one's gone," he pronounced.
- While I can get Harry’s "I just killed someone" thing Kingsley sighing and shaking his head about the death of someone that just tried to murder him his wife and child? It is no wonder these do-gooders suck when it comes to fighting. Maybe if Kingsley had not tried to take the 4 in his house with tickling charms his house would not have been set on fire.

I hope the story does not have the "thou shall not kill" attitude and Harry does not mope around for 5 chapters about the poor Death Eater.

maddsloth posted a comment on Saturday 20th March 2010 11:51pm

"Assuming, of course, that you keep me on as your solicitor."
- Don’t think I would keep him on staff after what he let happen to Sirius. What has this jack ass been doing for the last 15 years?

maddsloth posted a comment on Saturday 20th March 2010 7:10pm

Don’t you think you had Harry Take the fact that a man that has been dead for 1000 years walked in to his prison a little to well? I don’t think his reaction would have been "oh how ya been, and where have you been?" "Oh Helga and I had a room at the leaky caldron for the last 856 years, it has not changed much, believe it or not."
To be blunt this alone almost relegates the story to a parity or humor story. That and I don’t think there was a MoM 1000 years ago.

"Wait a second. If you're a ghost, how can you be holding these things?" He blushed and looked down. "I'm sorry, sir. My mouth has a way of running off. I apologize."
- Seemed like a valid question to me. I hope Harry is not this meek through the whole story, a little to much flinching and apologizing in this chapter (granted Canon Harry was a meek little bit(h so I guess he has to start out that way.)

loverly09 posted a comment on Saturday 27th February 2010 6:24pm

Very well written xD I loved the story line and how you made the cliché plots very... believable and uncliché like ;) I loved this story and I can't wait to see what other stories you come up with xD

Kuronosa posted a comment on Wednesday 10th February 2010 2:16am

Very, very, very good.

This is a Harry/Tonks that one just has to read if they are going to call themselves a fan of that pairing.

Your writing style, in my opinion, is good, and your chapters are long enough to make the story interesting, without being drawn out.

I'm sorry that I didn't see this in development, but I only just found out about this group of authors about...9 months or so ago, after finding Jeconais' Hope off of FFNet.

I would love to read more of this ship from you, if you ever get the idea to do so again, and also would love to beta-read for you, if I ever get office back on this stupid laptop of mine.

Overall, I believe that you did a good job, and this is one story that I would not mind reading again and again...just not for a few days in a row....after all, this took about....5...to 6 hours to read in all...I think.