Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jadzia posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 2:40pm

This is brilliant! I read the whole thing in one sitting and eagerly anticipate the next chapters.

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 11:25am

good work.

jayley posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 11:01am

well, it's what draco gets for not goin into hidin!lol, well, good chapter!!

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 10:22am

Uh oh, send in reinforcements to the Leaky! Let them use firewhiskey bottles as offensive weapons... probably the best use for the stuff. Cheers, great chapter!

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 5:37am

Nice chapter, I like how you left out what happened in Harrys room from the last chapter. Leaving room for spectulation. But he did have a smile when he came to breakfast. I can see Harry taking down Fudge and putting Bones in his place, he does have that power he just does not know it yet. Harry partly owning Puddlemere United, I think his favorite Keeper needs a raise, it would be a cool thing for him to do. But did you have to end with a cliffy, Harry to the rescue.

MPF

Crys replied:

I'm a firm believer in "fade to black".   I'm glad that someone else agrees with me.

Eponin posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 3:37am

Oh, now that's an evil place to end the chapter! Please tell me we're going to get more soon, Crys?

~ Eponin

Crys replied:

Okay.   "We're going to get more soon, Eponin."

Of course, that depends on your definition of "soon" . . .

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 2:58am

The permanent slick jinx is a stroke of genius, as it is clear that Lily had to resort to it, and it is in effect to the present day!

Atalanta posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 1:46am


Good chapter. I have one minor criticism - in Britain, we don't say 'class of 45' etc. That's very American :)

Lanta.

Crys replied:

Ah, my apologies, then.

How would you phrase it (or would it even be mentioned)?

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 1:22am

I do believe Certain People will be Rather Upset! (Oddly enough, Albus DUMBledore is *not* one of them; in fact, he's helping instigate the events.) We find out that Draco Black (yes; he did indeed bail) steals a page from the Narcissa Black School of Dirty Tricks and utterly empties the Malfoy Vault before exiting the Malfoy Family. While Lucius Malfoy did get out of the pokey, he is now *flat busted*; in fact, Dobby has more money than he does. Draco also is *not* hiding from Lucius, but he's currently under attack at the LC. (Three guesses who's leading the assault; Daddy Dearest can't have been happy that Draco left him, let alone left him Knutless.) Yes, the trick Draco pulled is an old one (Narcissa and the Ministry teamed up to bankrupt Lucius *and* Draco in Family Matters; and Narcissa herself used it before basically "running off with Harry" in another Kinsfire story posted here); however, the oldest maneuvers can often *still* be the most effective.

Bravo!

Crys replied:

What can I say?   My inner Slytherin jumped up and screamed, "Draco would do this BEFORE taking that oath, you bleedin' idiot!"

Mariposa posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 12:56am

Ahh! Evil cliffy! *beats evil cliffy with a stick* But for some reason I think you sadistic authors love doing that to us readers ;o)

Great chapter! and I love how you keep throwing in Laura's comments. Its fun and throws in some fun tension.

Crys replied:

[charming grin]   Of course us sadistic authors love doing that to you readers!   That's what makes us sadistic, donchaknow.

Amiable Dorsai posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 11:48pm

Much as I like your story up to this point, I gotta say that I'm disappointed in Harry. Doubting Hermione's friendship because he didn't like her letter? That's pretty cold--I mean, the woman has stood at his back against Death Eaters, flown with him on a hippogryff to rescue his godfathather, healed his wounds, fed him when his own relatives wouldn't, helped him prepare for the maze, and so on and so on. She's earned more than a little slack.

I hope this is just emotional upset, and that he gets over it soon. Hermione's had to deal with too many of Harry's tantrums already.

Otherwise, I gotta say that this is an intriguing story. I'm enjoying "Grampa Godric" a lot.

Amiable Dorsai

Crys replied:

Yes, Harry's reaction to Hermione is cold and OoC.   It was planned that way, though.   Read on.   It gets resolved and explained a bit.

Serendipity posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 11:41pm

Dun dun dun... Nicely done, as always. I loved Harry's Letter to the Editor... :D

Cheers,
~*~LIZ

brad posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 10:16pm

Hmmmm, what is this story about again? It's been a while ... oh, that's right, redeemed/converted Draco & Narcissa, etc. Enjoyed the Harry/Draco tidbits that were in this one. I guess Harry's going to come leaping to Draco's defence in the next chapter?

Enjoyed the two letters - Ginny's showing how Harry's Hogwarts measures had succeeded, and Narcissa's for the politics involved. I do hope we get to see Fudge slapped down - stood down - in this story.

Thanks for the chapter!

Crys replied:

I'm not so sure I'd call Draco converted . . .   He's expressed no interest in helping Harry and company.   Turning from the Dark does not make him Light.

Thanks for the positive vibes.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 10:16pm

good chapter update soon

Amamama posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 9:03pm

Ooohh... Evil cliffie! *wide grin* Well, that just gives me another reason to anticipate the release of the next chapter, doesn't it`? Siriusly, I like the way Harry is growing up, but still being an unsecure teenage male when it comes to relationship teasing... Laura is a gem. Also, his way of using his employees to the best of their abilities - like getting Narcissa to formulate the reply to the Pophet. Very nice. I do look forward to seeing what comes out of that. As a matter of fact, I do look forward to the rest of the story (surprising, isn't it?), as I really like it.

Thanks for sharing!

Faith1 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 6:14pm

YES! ACTION!

ridmania posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 5:10pm

good chapter i loved it
keep up the great work and can't wait to read the next chapter!!

EricThorsen posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 5:09pm

Of course you end the chapter with Draco under attack... oh well, I like the idea of how to deal with recaptures.

Chris1 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 4:39pm

Another nice chapter :D

Keep them coming, a bit fast, if possible :D

Chris

scott2 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 4:21pm

great chapter :)