Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 11th February 2008 12:20pm

Very good start.

gunny

NikStrange posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 8:00pm

Hey. This was awesome!
I really enjoyed reading this, I found the link on the Honks Yahoo group.
you are a great writer, and I look forwad to reading more of your fics, which is what I'm starting to do right now.
xx
Nik

Crys replied:

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you enjoy the others.

Oh, and thank you for the e-kisses, but I have to warn you that my wife is kinda possessive.

Kuraiken posted a comment on Monday 3rd December 2007 8:47am

Ah yes, this is where our ways part.

Once again a story of a money-driven Harry who is completely focused on money and property.
How shallow.

And I'd like to congratulate you for being number x+1 of the authors who have focused on Dumbledore-bashing, creating an hypocritical Harry who accusses others while doing the very same as them.
Everyone seems to strife for a mature, independet Harry, which results in Harry being very immature and stupid.

Seriously I am fed up with all the people not realizing Dumbledores motives for his actions.
What is Harry? Some super-teenager who can deal with any kind of problem and can take all the negative information? Tell you what: had Dumbledore informed Harry of all the implications and obstacles, Harry would have committed suicide. In fifth year he was almost at the end when he suffered from his dreams, if Dumbledore had told him: "Oh by the way, Voldemort might occupy your body anytime", Harry would have distanced himself from everyone, becoming utterly depressed and completely incapeable of anything. A wrack. Dumbledore had almost everything laid out best for Harry, seeing farther then anyone else, and the reason why most things went wrong was because people did not listen. They did not listen, no, they insisted on doing things their own way. Got them really far, did it not? Very successful in terms of money as your story lines out, I would say. Sirius dead making Harry rich, which seems to be oh-so-positive, because Harry does not have enough fame and attention as it is, and enjoys that yes?
From all the HP Fanfics out there, 35% of the authors are actually capeable of writing a good story. From those another 40% develop a good plot. And from those 40%, 95% fail to keep to character, use logic, common sense or learned how to construct a story that actually does not overload. Harry turns out to be Godrics hire, has 1000 estates, is incredible rich, has new talents, hears Sirius will, bashes Dumbledore etc. etc.
Plot development and time control does not ring a bell, does it?

But you know what? You do not have to be ashamed, really, because almost every other authors does the same, really. Maybe I failed to notice stepping through a door with the doorplate saying "sanatorium". I give it up, finding a good story that is. Everyone seems to have set disappointing me as his blazing life goal.

Terdwilicker posted a comment on Tuesday 27th November 2007 9:55pm

Great story, really well done, interesting, and well developed characters. The tension between Harry and Dumbledore is standard for fanfic, but Dumbledore is unreasonably cruel to Harry in the novels so its not OOC.

Peregrine829 posted a comment on Saturday 10th November 2007 11:37pm

Most Excellent.

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Friday 9th November 2007 6:06pm

great story i finally finished it

drkjester posted a comment on Wednesday 7th November 2007 12:52pm

Great story and am looking forward to reading more of your stories.

vladimir mithrander posted a comment on Monday 22nd October 2007 5:36am

Very good story. i was pleased with it. it would have been cool to leave Godric though, something along the lines that he wanted to watch his decendents for all time. anyway, great job.

Paul Grots posted a comment on Tuesday 16th October 2007 4:11pm

This is one of the greatest fics I've ever read.

Crys replied:

Thank you indeed for such a compliment.   Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Alleykitten posted a comment on Wednesday 19th September 2007 1:55pm

awww.... no fair! you can't finish it here!!! XD now i can't read it anymore... well... i could always read it again! *thoughfull look* it's a plan! great job! hope to see more from you sometime soon!

Hemotem posted a comment on Thursday 6th September 2007 8:03pm

Great read I did enjoy it a lot. Thank you.

Hemotem

Decumo9 posted a comment on Monday 20th August 2007 2:46pm

great story, no other words needed.

smmc1 posted a comment on Sunday 12th August 2007 9:43pm

Wonderful story. Took me a day and a half to finish. It was worth it.

Graup posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 5:02pm

Thanks for the story, it was an enjoyable ride.

I look forward to future stories.

LDA posted a comment on Friday 3rd August 2007 2:02pm

All I can say is FanFuckingTastic story...realistic plotlines, relationships and fights ( the whole harry is suddenly all powerful is good but in this story wouldn't have sat well ) great job!!

GuardianOfLight posted a comment on Tuesday 31st July 2007 3:59am

Wow, I got there in the end, 4 days of solid reading, sometimes I regret my habit of re-reading entire stories when an update comes out, theres quite a difference from reading the 6 new chapters to the whole 48 though I doubt I would have remembered everything from the ones I had already did if I didn't.

Hello Cry's, don't know if you remember me or not, we exchanged several emails back in January when I reviewed chapter 42, I'm just looking back at that now to make sure I don't repeat myself too much.

Right, firstly this fic is excellent, brilliant and its obvious why you were one of the first authors on this site, the stories a work of art.

As i said in my last review, a long 8 months ago, you have a knack of excellently balancing plot, action, comedy, relationships and the political maneuverings.

The idea of the social engagements, the ball and parties etc was brilliant, yours is the first story I have ever seen that in and trust me I have read a lot.

I'm going to have to compliment you again on Shack Junior, some of her comments have had me in hysterics, god I would have love to have heard the explanation of what seduce meant.

Again I will compliment you on the way that Harry picks up magic, its realistically slow as it should be and at the end he didn't all of a sudden have a huge magical advantage over Voldemort.

I admit with my fic I have cheated a bit and used a time turner for him to disappear and then come back as an extremely skilled wizard, I don't have the same patience that you do, I could only provide him with slow training during the summer before my readers got fed up.

Again I compliment you on the major two unexpected events in the story (in my opinion of course)firstly the death of Draco, I doubt many people saw that coming, yet it seamed right for it to happen as every fan fic story like this needs some damage to the good side otherwise it is unrealistic. And the second unexpected event, Harry's refusal of Snape's challenge, I was sure even before Neville one his last match that there would be one more dual after that against Snape and for their not to be was most refreshing.

Oh yes, one more unexpected thing was that Dumbledore never quite seemed to grasp the point that Harry was not under his thumb anymore, this is not criticism and the way you write Dumbledore is great, I though he would accept that he could not control Harry like that and would try to control him as a friend, steering him in the right direction, more like Fudge was doing.

Blimey that was long, I do tend to waffle when I get going don't I.

I appreciate what you were saying about long fics, I have been writing mine for over 2 years now as well, although I only started posting a year and a couple of months ago, and that was purely to make sure that I kept writing.

Again, this fic is brilliant and you are one of the all time gods of fan fiction. I need a little rest after reading this story, its so brilliant it exhausts you, but I intend to try reading The Morning After at least in the coming weeks. Keep up the outstanding work and please never stop writing.

Best Wishes

Adam (GuardianOfLight)

Crys replied:

Thank you for your kind words and for being willing to go through the entire story again.   Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

Laura Shacklebolt was fun to write.   My daughters are around that age.   Between a child's inate naivety and curiosity coupled to Harry's unfamiliarity with handling kids for long periods of time . . .

Seduce: "That's something only grown-ups need to worry about, honey.   Remind me when you're older."

Draco.   Honestly, once I finished pulling him away from Lucius, I realized I didn't have any idea what to do with him.   Then I realized that I'd just built a perfect martyr.

Ah, yes.   Refusing Snape's duel.   The original draft of this chapter had a much uglier ending for our Potions Master.   After my betas talked me out of using the meat grinder on his squishy bits, I decided that the most damaging thing I could do to him was . . . nothing.

Hey, I prefer long reviews :)

*blush*   Thank you for that compliment.   Somehow, I can't see myself as a deity of any ilk.   And I have the mortgage and credit card balances to prove it.

Still, I appreciate the thought.

Thanks for the great review, and glad you enjoyed the story!

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 29th July 2007 4:55pm

Too perfect. This chapter was just too perfect. I love your writing, and this fic has been one of my favourites for some time.

DAMNED posted a comment on Sunday 29th July 2007 11:33am

GOOD STORY WRITE MORE PLZ ANY KIND OF HARRY POTTER PLZ

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Thursday 26th July 2007 12:44am

A nice scribble. Polishing is good and all, but it should not prevent good stories like this from ever coming out.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 25th July 2007 7:42am

It should be noted that just because you've posted the story doesn't make it cast in concrete. You can go back and fix it after you've finished it, unless there's some defect in the UI that FFA provides its users.

Overall, a very good story. I enjoyed it throughout.