Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:25am

oh my goodness . . . oh my goodness . . . how much greater than the 2/3 required was the final vote? *gasp* I just realized something else . . . the voldemort supporters of the wisengamot are going to support a more subtle voldemort supoprter for the office of minister aren't they? my but you are a sly one Crys . . .

Keep up the good work

'Mione

Crys replied:

The vote was nearly unanimous.   At this stage, only the most rabidly die-hard Ministry loyalists would still publically side with Fudge-for-Brains.

As for the upcoming vote . . .   *innocent smile*

Chris1 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:10am

"happy for different reasons"

Now, this will get really political, right? With the post of the minister open, it will come to a political battle between the DE candidate and the others.

And where's the Harry/Tonks? Where's the Harry vs. Voldemort? I'm missing those...

Chris

Crys replied:

Yep, the next chapter is very political.

Tossing some Harry/Tonks into the mix this chapter would've felt awkward.   She'll be around again in a few chapters.

The fight against Voldy is still simmering.   Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the arch-villian.

Howard posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 12:55am

Im not much for leaving reviews, as i can't put into words what i want to convey most times, but i thought I'd say that i really enjoy your story. This is one of the few that i wait for that isn't really dark, mushy, somewhat adult oriented, or has tons of needless descriptions of over used cliches(really do i need to know that Harrys new trunk, that has 400 kajillion compartments, is made of ash and mahogany wood?). So umm yeah thanks for continuing your story, and please keep up the good work.

Wow that didn't come out too bad, heh how about that eh?

-HB

Crys replied:

Not bad at all.   Thanks for reviewing.

Mickey posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 12:48am

Very nice chapter despite the totally unbelivable way you had Fudge erupt at Harry. Had they been alone (or at least had Fudge believed that to be the case) his eruption would have been just barely belivable.

The Unicorn

Crys replied:

Yeah, Fudge going THAT overboard on reacting to Harry's words is kinda over the top, but Fudge is one of those that will do ANYTHING to retain his power.   Even if it's doing something that outrageous.   That, plus the incredible amount of pressure he's putting on himself to find a way to keep his position drove the idiot over the edge.

Thanks for the review.  

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 11:59pm

Very good.

gunny

Babs posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 11:57pm

Goodness, you enjoy titillating your readers with crumbs of information, don't you? I enjoy reading your story, but I am on the verge of stopping until it is finished and then reading it in one go. Compliments on all the attention to detail and the cross-references to aspects that have been mentionned many chapters ago.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 11:53pm

Ah, the joy and delight of seeing Fudge sacked! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Thanks for the update!

Davideg posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 11:52pm

fantastic chapter keep them coming please

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 11:36pm

Hmm, nice scene there; Cornelius Fudge clearly doesn't have an honest or brave bone in his body and can't conceive that others might have such. Now that last line, though, is just plain evil and leaves room for all sorts of speculation. *G* Well done!

theM posted a comment on Friday 11th August 2006 9:10am

Really liked this chapter, but something about the scene at the Prophet irks me. Part of it is probably that I don't remember Rita doing anything particularly nasty in the past few chapters, and I don't think her name was on the articles about Harry... Time to go read it all again! ^_^ Keep up the good work

Crys replied:

None of the recent articles (specifically, the one questioning why Harry and Nim are dating) were credited to any reporter in particular.   But Rita DID write them.

That and her general dishonesty were why Harry fired her.

That article is why she and Nim had a "talk" behind a Privacy Sphere.

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 11th August 2006 12:24am

Crys, another fine chapter. It's about time that that 'beetle' got her wings clipped. I wore a very big smile by the time I got to the end of the chapter. I am now very interested in what the Aurors find. Keep up the great work and, please, update soon.

Crys replied:

Won't get too many details of the auror raid, but we will get news articles of the results.   Stay tuned.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 2:34pm

Very good. Getting interesting.

gunny

Prince Charon posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 12:49pm

LMAO!!

You're very good at this.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

Kinsfire posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 7:22am

Did Samantha's father get her a job at the paper? I remember Simon from a different story.

Is Luna making a play for Neville, even though he and Hannah are Matched? One assumes that she's gotten her hands on a copy of Godric's translation, after all...

Crys replied:

Nope, Samantha's father isn't in this one.   Yes, Simon and Samantha are recurring characters of mine (see "The Unknown Power") but Samantha is the friendly reporter in this story.

Hey, I'm glad someone spotted the Mongolian thing.   And no, Luna isn't making a play.   She's just looking out for her friend.   She's probably working on Hannah as well, but Ginny just didn't hear that rumor.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 4:21am

I do so love Harry's birthday gift to Nim . . . how many on staff will have the mark? Keep up the good work

'Mione

Crys replied:

Only two.   But that's not the important part of the chapter.

Alice Kendalwood posted a comment on Wednesday 9th August 2006 12:48am

You know what would be funny? If, at some social function, Neville was approached by a Mongolian wizard who didn't speak English very well. That'd get Luna some interested looks.

I love this story!

Jennifer4 posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 4:14pm

That's awesome...I love seeing Rita get her comeuppance...

pstibbons posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 3:53pm

Have I mentioned before how much I love the wonderfulliticiousness (sic) and hilarious sappiness of the dialog and (realistic but feelgood in an arsekicking kind of way) plot?

This is my second reading of the story and I still like it.

Good idea with the portrait points parliament, btw.

pstibbons posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 1:46pm

Ooh, that was fun! Would have liked to heard more about Ms Firthquill - hopefully we will.

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 12:37pm

{Evil Grin}

No good for her perhaps, but I assure you that you have enthralled your readers, Excellent chapter! Please keep up the good work!