Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 10:21am

Everyone who wants to have Harry buy up a majority share of the Prophet, raise your hand!

Great chapter otherwise. Loved Harry's wake-up call.

Crys replied:

*innocent whistling*

Renzo7 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 9:48am

awesome work, keep it up

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 9:33am

Good work.

SpiderLily posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 8:47am

Harry should be SO mad at Dumbledore! I would punch him! Even if he is the most powerful wizard in... er... a long time.

ridmania posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 8:45am

great chapter!! love your work!!! hope you update soon!!!

Faith1 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 6:48am

YAY! LOVED Lily's feelings.. *glomps Merle Corey*

ALSo..... "Mommy, what does seduce mean?"
-cracked up

Matt15 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 6:18am

*sigh* can't you just imagine Ginny pranking someone with socks that bite your feet everytime you took fifteen steps? I can dream!

Crys replied:

Send that idea off to Gred and Forge.   Maybe they'll license the idea off of you :)

DJ posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 5:33am

I think that is the first real reaction to having an unexpcted woman in his bed I have ever seen Harry have good job.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 4:46am

Very good. Can't wait for more.

gunny

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 4:13am

A most awesome chapter. well worth the wait. Thank you

'Mione

insertparagraph posted a comment on Tuesday 30th May 2006 6:41am

I've been enjoying this story for a while; I'm sorry for not reviewing more frequently but I haven't had anything interesting to say until now.

It occurs to me that "inconsistent time frames" is not quite accurate where werewolves are concerned. After all, they ALL are more or less unavailable the same five to seven days out of every twenty-eight. For magical botany etc., those five to seven days may be crucial for harvesting or treatment of plants or ingredients.

Accordingly, I suspect that using werewolves for contract labor may reduce costs (and therefore retail prices) for certain kinds of ingredients, but might cause a price spike for other ingredients, as those ingredients suddenly become items which require specialized labor. Appropriately planned speculative ventures on Harry's part could yield significant economic (and strategic, depending on the ingredients in question) benefits.

Crys replied:

The "inconsistent time frames" line was referring to the companies doing the hiring, not the laborers.   Basically, some company needs three workers for 2 weeks and four for 6 weeks, nobody for seven weeks, then five for 3 weeks, etc.

Interesting idea to influence the prices of various products/services like that.   I can see how he could depress prices easily, but not how he could increase value of much of anything in a way that would benefit him at all.

Anyway, thanks for the review!

Jenn Sroc posted a comment on Monday 29th May 2006 2:08pm

Fantastic story!! I love the interaction with Tonks and Harry. It is refreshing to not have them jumping in bed together right out of the gate. I hope you update soon!!!!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 26th May 2006 9:37pm

I like the idea of a contractor (body-broker, basically) employing only regulated creatures. I wonder how *Remus Lupin* would feel about running it. (No, I'm not kidding; Remus Lupin makes sense for several reasons, not the least of which is his being a werewolf himself.) Then Remus could hire (don't laugh) *Neville Longbottom* to teach interested werewolves botany/herbology. In fact, there could be *advantages* to hiring lycanthropic herbologists in some cases. In other words, *profitable philanthropy*.

justme posted a comment on Tuesday 9th May 2006 11:23am

I'm really enjoying the way this one is turning out.
Harry using the combined financial might of the Potter and Black Families to create a business coalition to quietly organize the Wizarding world in an attempt to undermine, harass, and eliminate support for the Voldemort, while at the same time using the political connections and support to curtail Voldie's influence in the Wizengamot and capture or eliminate as many Death Eaters as possilbe.
Potter & Black Inc.?
Harry Unlimited?
Lightside Enterprises?
The Black Watch?
No... I got it... The Magic Consortium: Improving the Lives of All Magical Beings.

Crys replied:

Hmm.   Those are some interesting names.   I'll have to think about that.

Faith1 posted a comment on Tuesday 9th May 2006 8:01am

YAY!! Another chapter!! YES! I love how Harry's starting to get embroiled in more business stuff, but can we PLEASE get some more Metamorphagus and Animagus training stuff soon? *puppy dog eyes*

-Faith

Highschool Nerd posted a comment on Monday 8th May 2006 10:17am

I loved the chapter! :) Update soon! :)

Shadow High Angel posted a comment on Sunday 7th May 2006 7:45am

Great chapter, I have been waiting hoping a new chapter would come along, love the flirting between Harry and Tonks.

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 10:08pm

Another fine, well written, well edited chapter. I think that all of the chapter was well handled and believable (as believable as any fictional story can be -grin-). The dialog, the descriptions, everything added to make a coherent whole and a very enjoyable read and a nice addition to an already wonderful story. Keep up the great work and, please, update soon.

Rictor posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 6:44pm

I love the story, and i have a plot bunny for you. As most (if not all) of Voldemort's Supporters are pure-blood supremicists, Harry could have an article published detailing the fact that Tom Riddle is a half-blood. It might lose Voldemort at least a few of his supporters.

Crys replied:

Harry DID write such a letter.   See the end of chapter 20 and the beginning of 21.  

vertru posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 12:04pm

Another excellent installment, Crys. I've been quite enjoying this story as it progresses, and think this is the most unique ways of separating Harry from the master manipulator that I've yet seen. All of your characters seem to come full blown from the 'pages' and have a three dimensional feel, which is sorely lacking in so many stories. I predict this to fall among the greats of HP fanfiction.

Vern