Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 10:35am

Yes, harry and Tonks, my favorite pairing. I like your Harry and Ginny stories but I am loving this story now.

You truly show that you are a great writer when you can write different pairings.

Another dating security measure you might want to impose could be a decoy using polyjuice, it would have some risk but if the decoy were to go shopping publicly at the same time as the date it would probably draw all the attention, especially if you used Hermione and Ron to provide some dis-info to the Order, who then send their guards to protect the decoy.

thought you could have tormented Moony a little more but still very well done.

Later

Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 10:17am

Have you considered having Harry hire additional securtiy forces. Maybe forming a Home security company, it would be big business in a time like this.

Selling alarm systems, warding property, security & medical teams that respond to emergency calls. As the Rules of aquisition state, War is good for business.

Maybe he could buy up a few apartment buildings and magically expand the apartments so that instead of small one or two bedroom flats what you have inside is a luxurious condo arrangement. Have his security forces protect the building to provide safe homes for the medium class that don't have huge ancestral properties with ancient wards protecting them.(of course the lease gives Harry the right to check for the dark mark on residents at any time without warning.)

I'm sure Kingsley and Tonks know some more good Auror's that have been fired for stupid reasons, maybe some older Auror who were forced to take early retirement. They wouldn't need to be let in on the Gryffindor secret to be useful to Harry and the war effort. Kingsley could organize and manage it when not tutoring Harry or making travel arrangements.

Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 10:06am

Nice chapter with Harry being gently prodded over his guilty feeling for killing.

Liked Ginny's letter. Surprised Harry doesn't seem to be writing anyone else. Neville, or the twins, or maybe Luna(or is she in Sweden-I forget)

In regards to Hermione, I suggest that after Harry calms down that he write her a simple statement of the facts from his view point and ask her to analyze what his opinion of her actions are. Maybe if she looks at it from a logical standpoint instead of allowing the Adults around her to bias her she will realize what she has done. Maybe he could ask her to talk to her parents about it. I am sure they would be surprised to learn about some of the things the Headmaster of their daughters school has done to his students.

Later

Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 9:51am

Loved Harry's indignation over Dumbledores not even fighting the Werewolf Act.

Does Harry have a seat on the Wizangomot. Maybe he could appoint someone else to sit it, as he is a little too busy for all the politics it would entail.

Thought Snape deserved more punishment. Harry promised not to go to the Board or Ministry about his behaviour but maybe if Dumbles doesn't keep his word about the intelliigence(which everyone knows he won't) Harry could write some concerned letters to the parents of muggleborn and halfblood students, as well as some of the students who have already graduated. They are no longer at Hogwarts so what do they have to loose by signing a petition against Snape.

Maybe if the Board sends someone to observe, Harry can have Snape set up, a few pranks against him and a run in with Peeves and his mood will be so foul their is no chance he won't act out against some little Gryffindors(preferably first years as that just makes him look meaner and more of a bully)

Can't wait to see how Harry changed the House Point system.

Later

P.S. Have you thought of having Harry bug GP12. Maybe use some muggle electronic devices that Moody wouldn't recognize to keep track of the Order and gain proof that Dumbledore will break his word.

Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 9:39am

Great chapter.

Loved the idea of the Trust Me charm. Would be ironic if at some later time when Dumbledore needs to sway opinion to his side he was hit with a reversal charm and Trust Me turned into DON'T Trust Me.

Think Harry should inform the twins and maybe Bill and Charlie. Bill as a curse breaker could probably detect the charm somehow and verify its use to others.

Really liking the characters of Kelly and Laura Shacklebolt. Is Laura old enough to go to school and if so what school will she be going to once summer vacation is over. A muggle primary school or some wizard version.

Later.

Makileus posted a comment on Tuesday 1st November 2005 2:55am

Well, this fic keeps getting better and better. Hope it continues

Sydney posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 10:01am

Yay! You have the next chapter up, it was excellent. I loved it!

patrik svensson posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 6:10am

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 5:21am

Laura is really stealing this story! :) This was a fun chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work and update again soon.

m4r13 posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 4:04am

Sweet little Laura... and poor Harry and Tonks ! The Potter's crowd is going to be insufferable.

That was a great chapter, a relationship is never easy and in this case it's quite difficult.

Tonks'ability with men was interesting, I've never read something about her of this kind and it's really a ggod idea.

Marie

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 3:42am

ROTFLMBO Moment: The *lightning bolt* butter pat on Tonks' pancakes. (Harry's right; that was about as subtle as a Banishing Charm to the head. That makes me wonder, though; how long has DOBBY known about Harry's feelings for Tonks, or, for that matter, Tonks' feelings for Harry?)

Ginny's letter: Ginny is apparently a lot more clued-in than Hermione OR Ron. She recognized she stuffed up, and is at least TRYING to make amends. (However, who is SHE thinking that Harry should be wooing? It certainly wouldn't be Cho, Lavender, or Parvati, though the last two are not only Gryffindors, but in Harry's year. If it's *Daphne Greengrass* the Unknown Slytherin, then she's a little bit late.)

Harry vs. Hermione: That should be an interesting conversation/confrontation. How will Hermione react to realizing just HOW much she stuffed up?

elfguard48 posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 1:28am

HAve read your story for the first time. I'm new to this site, and I wanted you to know I'm loving your story. I cannnot wait for the next chapter. I have never laughed so much or couldn't wait for the next scene. Take care....Helen

Zevrillion posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 12:47am

Liked the new chapter. Can't wait for more.

David Thacker posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 12:36am

Out of the mouth of babes come the funnies line.Great chapter.

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 12:19am

Oh the possibilities of... I forgot what i was thinking about, oh well.

anyways, i think it would be interesting if Ginny's suggestion is not Tonks, but that's me.

Oooo. does Harry ever get to rip into, metaphorically not literally, Hermione and Ron for being blind?

wytil posted a comment on Sunday 30th October 2005 10:19am

Reading this story agin from the beginning is a lot better than a piece at a time. My problem, I AM olde enough to be declared senile. 67.
My favorite one is wandering around school 2 weeks before the big spring formal, I asked 3 or 4 girls I had gone out with one or more durimg the past year. I got a polite refusal with thing like sick relatives etc. 3 days before the formal, one after another they corneed me in the hall saying grandma or such was better and is the invite still open?
I immediately made a phone call from the school office signing up for a Boy Scout event that weekend. Scariest thing I ever had happen.

Holden Dreasher posted a comment on Saturday 29th October 2005 9:25am

Very funny chapter. Thought the magazine hit right on the mark about "the talk". Brings back not-so-fond memories. Looking forward to the next post. Good luck with finding a good dating story. All of the ones I have went pretty normally. So no good ones from me.

Drajjen posted a comment on Friday 28th October 2005 8:24pm

I guess the way to start this off is to tell you how much I am enjoying the story. So here goes, I am really enjoying the story so far :)

At any rate I wanted to applaude you for almost making me go off in a delight full flame on you for making me think this was a H/G fic.

Now before you get angry, I just want to say that I don't begrudge anyone for likeing that particular ship. I personally don't like it, but to each his/her own I say.

The reason I wanted to go off on it was because the fic is clearly labled under the H/T category, and not the H/G one. As such I would of never even attempted to read this if it was listed under the H/G one.

Now on to what I found appealing and what I didn't. I love the interaction between Harry and Dumbledoor and honestly belive that JK herself could of done something other than what she did in book 6. In JK's world Harry is a brainless git, who is afraid of asking anyone a simple question. Although, I do admit that he was a lot more forceful in HPHBP, and I did like that, but she could of taken that much further.

Now to the points I don't like. The first would be the possiblility of Harry being a Metamorphmagus. It is so over used that I normally click the back button immediatly upon seing that. However, there have been some that was ok, since Harry didn't have much of the ablitity at all.

I would like to take this time to point out something. Everyone who seems to write fanfic, after they make Harry more assertive or something of that sort, then procede to make him hide his identity to some extent. My question is why? Why hide? He is now an adult (at least in your world), so why should he hide? I can't think of a good reason at all for him to do so. If he plans on changing the wizarding world to some extent, he can't be afraid to show his face can he?

Lastly, all this guilt thing you have him going through. I am just not sure I understand any of it. Although, I see it in every fic I read, none of it has yet to make any since to me. I will grant, that right after Cedric died Harry questioned his role in that death, but any sane person would realize that there was nothing he could of done. I can point to cannon (book 5) and it proves Harry doesn't carry any guilt over the incident. He is however, still leary of talking about it but not guilty over it.

Mostly the same thing with Sirius. While Harry could of done some things differently, if he would of had more information, he in fact didn't have anymore info, so once again a sane persone wouldn't be blaming himself over it.

It is my honest opinion, that if an author wants to make Harry feel guilty, it should be for not asking more questions of the adults in his life rather than feeling guilty over things he had no control over.

Anyways, I hope you made it this far into this review. I didn't really mean to get up on a soap box or anything. I was just hopeing I could help you look at things from a different angle.

Drajj

mx posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 4:10am

No matter what anyone says, you made the right choice in ship! =)

TimGold posted a comment on Wednesday 26th October 2005 7:00am

Update please! I fell in love with this story :< even tho i dont like when Hermione is against Harry, or with Ron :S