Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Prince Charon posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 6:42am

You're very good at this.

Nice prank, too.

jedithistle posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 5:32am

Great chapter -- loved the prank at the end. Here's my guesses for who's who:

Ravenclaw - Tonks
Slytherin - Harry
Gryffindor - Remus
Merlin - Kingsley

I'm looking forward to seeing the answers and the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 4:00am

Remus is Salazar
Kingsley is Godric
Harry is Merlin
Tonks is Ravenclaw
(The last two because of the "over the knee" comment, otherwise, I was thinking Harry as Salazar)

Good story! Thanks for writing.

Cliff Bryner posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 2:09am

Very very entertaining. I loved it.

Kris posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 1:57am

Kick butt story! My guess is: Harry ~ Merlin Moony ~ Godrick Rowena ~ Tonks Salazar ~ Kingsley

Love how you made Snampe step in it! It was GREAT! Apparently there are two individucals at Hogwarts who refuse to learn....

Please update soon! I want to see if my guesses pan out! ;)

Philipe posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 1:07am

Okay Chris, since your imune to my puppy eyes *grumbles* I'll make my guess:

Salazar - Harry, aldo the bird with Merlin got me confuse a bit, i still think it was him..
Merlin - Remus, because of the young lady coment
Godric - Kinsley, because of his personality
Rowena - Tonks, because of the gender mostly

Well, those are my guesses.. Now, i'm going to go find a way to make you tll something, since the eyes thing doesn't work - bloddy women, always spoiling everything hehe - maybe a truth potion..

See ya next chapter
P.

brad posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 11:53pm

Okay, I'm going to place a bet on the roles:

Rowena - Tonks. I think having her as a male would be a bit icky.
Helga - Ginny, as we're told.
Salazar - Harry. This early in their relationship he would want to be Tonks's partner. Also, he'd get a kick out of everyone assuming he'd never pose as a Slytherin.
Merlin - Godric, since he 'dropped into a seat with no fanfare', versus -
Godric - Remus, who did hold seats for the two ladies.

('course, Godric held seats for both ladies, which might mean that Salazar was the spirit ... nuts)

brad posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 11:48pm

Nice little chapter, but are you going to tell us who was whom?

Glad that Harry used the Trust Me Charm; I'd forgotten about that, and it *is* pretty rotten of Dumbledore to be using that charm continuously, and surreptitiously too.

Sometimes it's just the little things; in this case, the information that Snape is circumventing Harry's points constraints by assigning detentions rather than subtracting points. I wish I'd thought of that. Of course! That's exactly what he would do! I'm curious to see what the resolution of that 'loophole' will be. Similar voting on detentions by the portraits?

Jeeze, you're making Draco too much the good guy - or 'not bad' guy - arent' you? Ron's a weasel, but Malfoy isn't a ferret ... instead he's a noble and powerful magical beast. Hmmmph.

Thanks for the chapter!

The Resident posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 11:36pm

Liked the costumes and Snape's impotence over thre making the points system fair. Also liked seeing Dumbledore stymied over it as well. Just because Snape is a spy is no reason for his actions. In fact, if he were scrupulusly fair, it would better fit his supposed role as spy for Moldy Shorts. Hope Harry outs his relationship with Tonks soon before he really pisses her off.

Chris15 posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 8:12pm

I loved this chapter.

Although I am considering hurting you for not telling us who was who.

I think they were:
Merlin-Harry Potter
Archimedes-Hedwig(Though I did think that maybe an animagus form or transfigured person)
Godric-Godic himself, no one got close so he didn't have to be solid and could easily banish food from the plate to appear to eat.
Rowena-Tonks-the quips just screamed her
Salazar-Remus, quite but some humourous moments
Helga-Ginny(of course, though I did entertain the thought that you had Tonks sneak in and replace Ginny but I didn't think Harry would deny her a chance to enjoy the party)

Shack and his wife enjoyed some family time with the kid.

This was a great chapter and I loved the turning everyone into animals at the last moment.

Wonder what the bet between Filius and Minerva was about.

Find it a little odd that you didn't mention the group interacting with anyone except at the beginning of the Ball. gives more weight to my idea that Godruc came as himself.

Had a really weird thought while writing this and trying to figure out who was who. What if Harry didn't go to the Ball at all. He and Tonks staryed at home for a night alone and everyone else went out.
Merlin-Remus
Godric-Godric
Rowena-Mrs. Shack
Salazar-Shack
Just remebered it wouldn't work because no one to babysit unless-Archimedes-transfigured kid(forgot her name)

Update soon. Later.

Patches posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 7:08pm

Great chapter. So Harry was Lord Gryffindor, Ginny was Helga, Tonks was Rowena, Remus was Merlin? Sirius was Salazar? Let me know how I did. It was fun. Leave it to Harry to turn Dumbledore into a bug! Let me know how I did on my guesses. Thanks for writing.

Olafr posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 5:20pm

Well, an enjoyable but basically plotless part. I really enjoyed the interactions and the final scene where it seems as though everyone expresses their inner animal, but I must admit this part ultimately left me a little hungry for substance. I must say, though, that those bits of plot in there were very pleasant and appetite-whetting. For example, where the sorting hat has a go at Snape. :-)

No nits to pick, as always spelling/typos etc. seem notable by their absence. Very nice, and I look forward to the next part.

- Olafr.

Sanj Shankar posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 4:29pm

Interesting story, though hard for me to read after the last chapter. I've never understod all the Ron hate in fandom. You said in one of your replies that Ron views the world in black and white while Harry and the rest view it in gray. But Ron was the one who kept telling harry in "HBP" that Malfoy might be a useless git, but not a deatheater--ie, he's gray, not black. He's less emotional than Harry and more willing to argue things out both in OOTP ans HBP. But in fanfic all you see is GOTF Ron. Ah well. The fate of sidekicks.

Elfguard48 posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 2:20pm

*holding sides and rolling on floor laughing* LOVE IT!! Enjoyed it (chuckle chuckle). Pleae More soon. Thanks for the great story.....

DJ posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 2:01pm

Very fun chapter hope to see more soon.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 12:34pm

Cool chapter, cant wait to see what you come up with next.

MPF

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 12:16pm

Excellent chapter. (Hmm...I really should buy a better thesaurus. I keep calling your chapters excellent.) I loved the byplay and the prank.

Thank you for writing.

Mike.

AzureSky posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 11:30am

Great chapter.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 11:11am

Oh, I love pranks . . .

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 23rd January 2006 10:59am

*snicker* That was fun, loads of fun. Thank you very much.