Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:53am

good chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:44am

good chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:23am

good chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:16am

great chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:01am

good chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 3:50am

I do love the endings to your chapters.

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 3:35am

good chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 3:29am

great chapter

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 3:07am

love the ending to the chapter...many chuckles.

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:58am

great chapter

bobman posted a comment on Thursday 29th May 2008 4:03am

Technically, Voldemort IS a bastard. After all, his father left his mother as soon as he got out from under the love potions (which was before Voldy was born), so Voldemort is a bastard in all meanings of the word.

And great chapter in a great story.

Crys replied:

Yep, V is a bastard.   We know that, but at this point Harry does not.   AD told him during HBP, IIRC.   This is an alternate sixth year fic.

Glad you're enjoying the story.

nimistar posted a comment on Friday 9th May 2008 2:36pm

this was a very nice story, though maybe not as much action and romance as i would like. perfect ending though, i hate how few authors have a detailed epilgue. thank you for such a nice story.

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Thursday 10th April 2008 3:02pm

Wonderful story, not how I saw it ending, but wonderful none the less!

EnderWiggin posted a comment on Friday 4th April 2008 9:06pm

Excellent read!

Many unique and original ideas were incorporated in this story, so kudos to you. Whether you came up with them or they were ideas suggested to you as you stated, you integrated the into your story.

While there was a bit more fluff than my masculinity would normally approve of, I did find it enjoyable. Also, I can't even count the number of times I had to clean off my monitor due to spit takes. Some of the things that came out of Laura's mouth were pure comic gold.

Thanks for the large amount of time and effort you put into this story. It really shows.

Crys replied:

Laura was easily the funnest character to write in this story.   My own kids are roughly that age (or where when I started writing her), and I was learning that children can sometimes say the damndest things.   Not to mention being innocent and inquisitive.

Thanks for the kind words.   Glad you enjoyed it.

vertru posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 6:22am

As I said in a private message, for some unknown reason I hadn't gotten around to reading the last few chapters of this before. In a way, it was better to be able to read the whole thing in one go. I always kind of enjoy being able to do that.

In all, a very satisfying story with many good moments. I can see what you mean about being able to go back and fix things. I am finding the same in my own writing, especially with several going at once. There were several things I saw along the way that I felt you could have done better, and realize now that had you written the story beforehand you would have. While the impetus gained from the encouragement of posting as we write is helpful, it does have numerous drawbacks.

I thank you for sharing your storytelling abilities with us. It is always fun to read a well written story, with few, if any, errors, and which takes the HP universe in totally different directions than canon. You do that very well, and I always look forward to your stories.

vern

Crys replied:

Thank you for the review.

While it is nice to get a bunch of reviews of "great story, write more", it is also good to get a few from people who are good authors in their own right.

Thank you, Vern.

arnold bouret posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 5:23pm

Grat story

Evan.Shaerah posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 1:25am

Just finished this. Truelly excellent work. Thank you.

Evan.Shaerah posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 10:10am

Good stuff so far. I like the method of bringing the feelings out. I am, after reading 5 fics, most of which are hosted here, an avid fan of HPNT. Look forward to more stuff once I get through this one. Thanks much.

ROBERT_1958 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th February 2008 4:44pm

Why di not Harry use the command "STAIRS" so he could walk down & up from the Chamber of Secrets?

Crys replied:

That command in Parseltongue is fanon, not canon.

Thanks for reading and for the review.

Treck posted a comment on Friday 15th February 2008 5:56am

Well I don't believe it. I've read this about half a dozen times since you've completed it and never reviewed it. SHAME ON ME!

While I loved the story I couldn't help but notice the lack of Ron Weasley in the end. did Aragog get him as a last meal?

Crys replied:

Thank you for reviewing it this time.

I'm afraid my dislike for  Ron came out.   He  had 6.5 kids and a wife who acted just like his mother.   He went to work for the Ministry and ended up a mid-level bureaucrat until he retired, resenting the power and influence his former friends Harry, Hermione, and Neville had gained through their work.