Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Silo posted a comment on Thursday 12th July 2007 3:34pm

so what hapens

harrysfriend posted a comment on Thursday 12th July 2007 6:09am

First I want to say that this is a great story. My only wish is that you would allow a mending between Ron and Harry. I know he is very emotionally driven but I think harry needs his "first" family. Mrs. Weasley too.

SerendipitousNightcrawler posted a comment on Tuesday 10th July 2007 1:23pm

Sorry that I took so long to review. You know I love your work, especially this story, but I just started a new job and you can imagine how hectic that's made life.

I continue to be astounded with this story and am sitting on the edge of my seat as you near the end of it :'(.

I'm curious that the DEs were able to apparate into the bar. It would seem to me that most buildings in the wizarding world have anti-apparition fields about them or at the very least that it's not generally done due to the possibility of appearing on top of somebody. I wonder how the DEs were able to confidently perform such an act, especially people like Pansy that aren't exactly Merlin's apprentice.

And you might want to be wary of is having characters bounce back too quickly, as the case with Madam Rosmerta. Maybe it was just me, but she went from being in awe and eternally grateful to Harry to treating him like another student in half a flash.

I should also say that I'm dubious about Bones being able to "dig" information out of the rat. Certainly if she could legally, she would have. I feel like if you're going to have Harry get info out of Pettegrew then it needs to be Bones surreptitiously giving him over to Harry or another government or something, not the Ministry doing something illegal.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

~R

Crys replied:

Don't worry about how long it takes to review.   I'm still getting occassional reviews for stories finished years before.

The deez didn't apparate in.   They used portkeys.   With a little spy info (who  believes that LV doesn't have a spy in Hogsmeade?) they can figure out when and what table to surround.   With only one wizard making highly accurate portkeys, and LV would have that kind of skill easily, they can all appear simultaneously in perfect formation.

Amelia and the aurors would have been using veratiserum on the rat, all perfectly legal.   Harry wanted something specific which the questionioners probably already had, though Amelia wouldn't necessarily know it off the top of her head.

Glad you're enjoying it.

qiaoyech posted a comment on Monday 9th July 2007 3:40am

I can't wait for the next chapter :-)

Claire_D posted a comment on Saturday 7th July 2007 8:16am

Nice NCIS references there McGee and Gibbs.

Very interesting chapter and I look forward to more. Happy writing

writer'sblock posted a comment on Friday 6th July 2007 8:03am

Harry's going after Voldemort next? Thank goodness Remus is okay. I love this... and all the chapters are getting me spoiled. XD Updates are good, yes?

Muad'Dib posted a comment on Thursday 5th July 2007 2:28pm

Excellent story thus far. My only comment is that I would absolutely love to see a bit more coverage on Harry and Tonks' relationship. Apart from a few stolen hugs and kisses, you haven't really done much on that part. As a person, you have made Harry develop tremendously, on the relationship aspect, things are very quiet.

Great job though! Look forward to more.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 4th July 2007 9:44am

Very good. I love it when the baddies get their asses kicked.

gunny

Ray D Elliott posted a comment on Wednesday 4th July 2007 3:32am

good so far keep up the good work

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 5:22pm

Good chapter although you're starting to make Harry a bit too super-powerful, taking all this in his stride and clobbering multiple DEs with one hand. Still, even if there wasn't as much tension as there might have been, Harry/I should remember that he could have been easily killed when they had the drop on him - that mention of a 'wand-tip touch the back of his head' was chilling - and the action was still fun to read.

And it's always good to have the hero win the day :-)

Plus Harry's noble concern for Remus (what the DEs did to him was chilling, again; and carefully planned!) and the other hostages was good stuff.

The big showdown coming soon, hey? Looking forward to it!

Crys replied:

Clobbering a bunch of inexperienced / low-level deez.   Oh, and he was using both hands, not just the one.

His fight against LV (whenever that happens) won't be nearly as clean / simple / easy.

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 5:15pm

I have really enjoyed this story and can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great work!

warpwizard posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 12:38pm

Good stuff, solid chapter.

Zane Wyrick posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 12:16pm

Classy.

m4rk6 posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 5:25am

I'm a little confused...

Remus was hit with a partially formed silver lance? Shouldn't he be dead?

Thank you for the chapter. I eagerly await your endgame.

Crys replied:

It hit him in the shoulder, so it isn't an instant-kill hit.

As for it being silver.   Is there anything in canon about silver and werewolves?   Popular mythology and fanon say silver is deadly to werewolves, but has JKR said silver is more deadly to werewolves than anyone else?   Lexicon doesn't have anything about it, and I can't recall off the top of my head anything in the books.

I admit that I'm using it as a more damaging material (following popular mythology), but not as a horribly deadly poison.   More like a burning material.

Glad you're enjoying the story.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 4:52am

Excellent chapter. I like Harry's response at the beginning. What you didn't show was Dumbledore taking the oath in front of the board, which is what he would probably need to do. I don't fault this, however, because I know as well as any that you can't show everything.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

m4rk6 posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 4:41am

Thank you for killing off Draco, nothing makes me quit a fic faster than a redeemed Draco. There are a few exceptions, notably the Dangerverse series.

I do understand why Harry is acting the way he is. If I were 16 years old, had almost unlimited power and wealth, I'd lord it over people too.

I rarely read fics where the trio is broken, its only the quality of your writing that makes this one palatable. I just skim over the parts where Ron's acting like a spoiled brat and Hermione's acting like a harpy. I look forward to more chapters.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 4:27am

Well done, Harry. And I'm always glad to see Pansy get some comeuppance! Thanks for the updated, Crys.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 1:32am

Nice battle and aftermath. I didn't consider last month's a real cliffhanger -- no one's life was in danger.

One problem -- it took a long time for _me_ to realize that those were death eaters portkeying in. Since you didn't describe them, or say that they were, I assumed that they weren't, and thought they might be some sort of anti-werewolf group (go figure). But that could just be clueless me.

Thanks for writing this. Seems to be moving towards the final confrontation.

Tom A.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 11:02pm

Excellent part here, with equal parts action, and surprisingly for me, a bit of sadness, as some of the students seem to not now what they're getting into at all, at least until now. Feel a bit sorry for Pansy, she'll be lucky to survive as a functioning person before all is said and done, and will be looking forward to what happens next, and how Tonks will react when Harry says that he's making his play.

Zane Wyrick posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 4:40pm

*Clap-clap*
Very well done.