Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Saturday 30th September 2006 9:41am

Should Tonks be offended? I think so, as they are dating (in my mind). What was with Ginny's sour reaction? If she was going to be upset, Hermione should have, as well. Uless there's something else going on there. I'll cross my fingers. Harry was mean to Snargtooth. Good chapter. Keep writing!

ssecca01 posted a comment on Friday 29th September 2006 10:25pm

A cliffhanger! Oh how I hate them! Can not wait for the next part. I had a feeling Harry would be forced into revealing his status as the head of the Gryffindor House in the votes.

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Friday 29th September 2006 2:05pm

Jeez! I mean, I knew Harry was cute, but I didn't know he was a top bachelor. More teasing between Tonks and Remus, what does this mean? Great chapter. Keep writing!

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Friday 29th September 2006 1:16pm

Hmmm, nicknames? This was a very interesting chapter. Not only did it explain things to the people in the chapter, but it also explained many things to me. I actually thought the hair was for polyjuice potion, since that was the only thing I could think of that Harry could use it for. Please, let it be Ginny! Awesome chapter. Keep writing!

elencalima posted a comment on Thursday 28th September 2006 11:10pm

Ack! The suspence! XD Continue on! I loce the cliffy!

Brian posted a comment on Thursday 28th September 2006 4:06pm

As far as muggleborns go...well, I think their number is more than 10%. It's probably more like 20-25%. My guess is that 25-30% are pureblood, will the older familes like the Malfoys being about 5-10%. Half-bloods probably comprise most of the population I'd think, especially since the purebloods are dying out.

Know muggleborns:
Terry Boot, Collin Creevy, Dennis Creevy, Kevin Entwhistle, Justin Finch-Fletchley and Hermione Granger.
Known Halfbloods:
Hannah Abbott (depending on where you check she's either muggleborn or a halfblood...must be a halfblood in this story), Susan Bones, Mandy Brocklehurst, Michael Corner, Tracey Davis, Seamus Finnigan, Harry Potter, Dean Thomas (though he might not know it)
Known Purebloods
Lavender Brown, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Daphne Greengrass, Neville Longbottom, Ernie Macmillian, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson, Padma Patil, Parvati Patil, the Weasleys. Millicent Bulstrode and Blaise Zabini are probably purebloods...Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory and Luna Lovegood are probably too.

Crys replied:

> Hannah Abbott (depending on where you check she's either muggleborn or a halfblood...must be a halfblood in this story)

Really?   I just checked the Lexicon, and her page doesn't specify it either way.   Where did you hear her status, one way or another?   The fact that she's a longtime friend of Ernie (a known pureblood)  led me assume she's a pureblood, but I don't know that for sure.

I understand your theory on the numbers.    I agree that  half-bloods or "full-bloods" just have to make up the majority of the population.   The problem is that we don't have a solid number of students, nor the blood-status of more than a handful.  

 With fragmentary data, it's open to all sorts of interpretations.

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Wednesday 27th September 2006 2:59pm

Thanks for an other nice chapter. Ramforth has the possibilities to prof more than just interesting with his concepts of 'proper' for the magical part of the country. Abbot on the other hand, would do well in putting an extra ordinary amount of thought in the matter of his advisors. It will be intersting to discover just 'who' will hold 'which' position on his team under him as minister.
On the matter of story length, well if an author can do both, short 'To-the-point' and long 'Winding-with-a-red-thread' stories, it's OK IMHO, balance is what life is about.
Thanks again for your work.

.

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 27th September 2006 4:29am

Another chapter, nice to see you're keeping up!

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with this story when it started, but unlike many other stories which lose steam as they go on, this one seems to gain momentum. By now, I look forward to seeing this updated and reading a new chapter of this is like a breath of fresh air. Until next time!


Quizer

ponderous stibbons posted a comment on Tuesday 26th September 2006 8:41am

Nice dramatic ring revealing!

What is your opinion on the number of muggleborns at Hogwarts? Is Hermione the only bright muggleborn there, or merely the most reputed? (She's my favorite canon character, fwiw)

Crys replied:

I've always kinda thought of the number of muggleborns to be a little less than 10%.   We know several in Gryffindor (Hermione and both Creeveys).   That's three out of forty or so names we know?   Then there's lots of them we DON'T know the status of.   The Slopers and Kirke's of the world.   And that's only in Gryffindor.   Granted, Slytherin is likely to have few, if any, muggle-borns, but even so . . .

No, Hermione's not the only bright muggle-born.   Like any other living group, there's a normal spread.   She's just the brightest one at Hogwarts at the moment.

mike bates posted a comment on Tuesday 26th September 2006 4:57am

great chapter. i can't wait to see what else you have in store on any more chapters.

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Monday 25th September 2006 5:46am

Very nice! I enjoyed this chapter. The confusation (not sure if that's a word) of Remus, Tonks, and Kingsley was amusing. Keep writing!

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Monday 25th September 2006 5:27am

Harry's milking it! He's milking everything he just found out about. I bet Dumbledore's frustrated. A lot of people, I have just realized, don't like Dumbledore. As in readers. So, Harry's quitting school? Are you crazy?!?! Good chapter, as always. Keep writing!

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Monday 25th September 2006 5:06am

The end was interesting. I was in awe when you described Harry's vaults. It crazy, how much he owns! I'm asumming that most of this was written before the arrival of the sixth book, so I can't hope much for Remus/Tonks and Harry/Ginny, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Once again, great chapter. Keep writing!

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Monday 25th September 2006 4:42am

Uncle Vernon broke the wand? Harry needs that wand to defeat Voldemort! What's up with Gringotts? Good chapter. Keep writing!

Nick5 posted a comment on Sunday 24th September 2006 8:36am

Very good, and I'm wondering how this little play by Harry is going to work out.

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Sunday 24th September 2006 8:17am

Actually, I loved it! I was slightly suspicious, but I wasn't going to mention anything. I loved this chapter. Keep writing!

gwenstarr posted a comment on Saturday 23rd September 2006 11:44am

ooh, ooh, ooh!!! you just HAD to end there didn't you!

I love your story! I know I don't review much but I've been around for awhile. Sorry 'bout that! You do a great job! As much as I'm not "against" Dumbledore anymore (since HBP), I like to pretend sometimes that the 6th book never happened and see Dumbledore put in his place.

Keep up the good work!

~gwen

Graup posted a comment on Saturday 23rd September 2006 7:32am

Very much enjoyed your story, and look forward to future chapters.

Thanks for sharing it

DreamHowler posted a comment on Friday 22nd September 2006 1:55am

I really like this story. It is interesting, it holds my attention, and makes me laugh.

It also clearly shows that the author should be writing their own stuff instead of fan fiction. I look forward to further installments of this story.

Dream Howler
Ruby Quill Archive - A Harry Potter Fan Fiction Archive

Philipe posted a comment on Friday 22nd September 2006 12:33am

Without a doubt, one of your best chapters so far Crys.. Pardon the delay in reading, but i like your story, and wanted to read with time..

Love the voting system, very smart.. The problems that Harry faced, the suprising Neville on thsi chapter (loved this one), and the superb ending, that got me cheering and cursing you.. The cheering because it was really good, and the cursing because now i need to read the next chapter, you evil man.. Hunf ;)

And i agree, there is no such thing as too long :D

P.