Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Myuu November posted a comment on Friday 18th February 2011 10:52pm

This is a very good piece of fanfiction. Some very good, reusable ideas are in there (do not worry, I do not write, only read). Most remarkable, in my opinion, is your background information on metamorphmagi and the crafting lore of magical foci.
I have yet to actually check about any other stories you have written, but I am confident I will find some more for me to read :)
Thank you for sharing your work! Keep it up.

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Sunday 6th February 2011 2:57am

That was a fun read! I'm glad I clicked on it.

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Sunday 6th February 2011 12:51am

Never seen someone transfigure someone else into a stick before. Clever!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 11:10pm

Nice ending. The dees must all be going into heart failure. At least I hope so. ;)

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 8:27pm

Bob Alyxand? Nice nod to Bobmin. I like them too. ;)

lwj2 posted a comment on Thursday 27th January 2011 1:44pm

Thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

Lepple posted a comment on Friday 14th January 2011 2:58pm

Lovely, Harry's a coward. That makes for the most delightfull fanfics. Or not.

Keronshara posted a comment on Thursday 25th November 2010 12:36pm

You know the logic that Harry deciding not to date a girl because of danger actually denies her a choice & is similar to what Dumbledore does to Harry is the stupidist & faultiest bit of logic that I've ever heard. Dumbledore decided Harry's life for him, making decisions for Harry that were not his right to make. Harry is making a decision about his own personal life. Whether someone wishes to date anyone at that time (like whether they want to marry at that time or break up with someone) is perfectly within that person's rights to decide. Their reasons may be stupid, but their decision doesn't deny anyone else a right to choose for themselves. Relationships require the consent of two people (to start or continue) & one person decided not to even start a relationship. Try to convince him to change his mind is one thing but saying that his decision denies someone else's right to decide their own life is crap. What about Harry's right to decide that he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now?

renfro92w posted a comment on Thursday 21st October 2010 10:13am

This was a wonderful story! HP/NT is not a pairing that I'm usually drawn to read, but I can't get enough of "strong Harry" sticking it to "Manipulative Dumbledore." Also, though I know this site doesn't host same sex couples as the main pairing, I do appreciate the considerate way you mentioned that it is possible and even fine in the wizarding world to be a same sex couple. Some stories paint a rather unkind view of it, and I'm glad to see a more reasonable portrayal. Again, a wonderful story!

NuitTombee posted a comment on Friday 1st October 2010 7:09am

Bravo! I read through again and I still love it.

Abraxan posted a comment on Thursday 9th September 2010 5:50pm

That was a very enjoyable story! I like the auror term for DEs and how well Harry fit into his Lord-Baron role, and so quickly, but with the help of the Black sisters. For him to have done it with no coaching would have been illogical and unbelievable - you made it work by surrounding him with good friends and advisers. Keep up the good work!

Abraxan

Crys replied:

Yeah, I tried to make this as believable as possible (for a story where people wave sticks and turn desks into pigs, anyway). Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

HarnGin posted a comment on Saturday 28th August 2010 7:55am

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me three days to finish this story. I would have finished sooner, but work, family, meals, and sleep insisted on interrupting my reading. It was a wonderful story and I enjoyed it greatly. I look forward to reading your other works. Thank you for writing such a riveting and entertaining story.

Crys replied:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but I assure you that the story will be here a few more days. Next time, you can take 5 days to read it all.

Seriously, thank you for the compliment, but you don't need to forgo everything else in life just to read my story as quickly as possible.

For all that, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

santiln posted a comment on Thursday 1st July 2010 3:31pm

I love happy endings and although there were some inconsistencies in some chapters, I really liked this ff. Maybe I'm a little bit parcial because I really like HP/NT ff's.
Greetings

Deborahsu posted a comment on Tuesday 29th June 2010 10:22pm

Having read this story for the third time or more, I have to disagree-the story is complete as is, with no need for the people and events that you posit may have been necessary. It's still a good read, and I'm sure this isn't my last time to enjoy it. Thank you for sharing your imagination and your talent with us!

Brigrove posted a comment on Saturday 19th June 2010 9:32pm

Another thing about Henry's name. King Henry VIII (and others) were often referred to as King Harry

Crys replied:

Good point, but it was mostly chosen because Saint Hedwig's husband was named Henry.

slashslut posted a comment on Friday 11th June 2010 11:07pm

what a ride! long, detailed, fabulously well-written, action, suspense, angst, romance ... it had everything. though snape *definitely* deserved a good hexing or two but that's just me *evil smirk*

supergirl3684 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th May 2010 2:32am

that was great! question though: do you watch NCIS or are the names a coincidence?

Crys replied:

Why, yes, I do sometimes watch NCIS. Haven't kept up with it this season, though.

supergirl3684 posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 10:20pm

oh gosh! I haven't laughed that hard in days!! My poor husband actually thought I was crying and he came running out of the computer room to see if something happened to my dad! (he just got out of the hospital). I would have felt bad about that but I was too busy laughing!!

That was brilliant!

Thydude posted a comment on Sunday 16th May 2010 11:13pm

I thought I must review because I seriously spent all of today and a lot of yesterday reading this. Overall the conflicts were resolved too easily. They were all usually resolved within two chapters. In a way however, I liked the way you cutout all of the minor and unimportant angst and whatnot. I admittedly love some of the "soap opera" type of fanfics, but I am happy this wasn't treated as such. The plot as a whole was very creative. The thing with the magical focus/ the wrist band was one thing that I never seen and liked.

Snape was way too stereotypical also. He really needed to be more rounded out as a character. I do like how you did Dumbledore though. You kept him like he was in canon, yet treated him as the antagonist that he could of very well of become.

I agree with a lot of the stuff you listed in the A/N. But I was very happy that you chose to end it with a pretty good conclusion. Alot of fanfic writers like to keep going on endlessly for the hell of it for years and years, but ending it before it loses its touch and begins to get pointless is a better decision. You could of very well done all of the things you listed, but then it would become really cliche'.

I know this is long so far, but I did just spend a fourth of my weekend reading this, and you spent two years writing it. You definitely deserve it. To continue, the conflicts involving the Malfoys was very well done also. The characters were all done very similar to canon. So this doesn't go on forever, basically all the characters were done well. The dialogue was the strong point of this story as a whole. It included basically no cliche's and the banter between Harry and Tonks was both moving and hilarious at times.

Since I must end this review, and I'm unsure as to even if your still active on the site, I'll finish with a few things. The final few lines of this were boring as hell. I mean I know a lot of people love the whole summing up the life of the main charters, but it seems super rushed and interrupts the flow of the story. It's way better, in my opinion, to just give a final moment of fluff sort of showing how beneficial the events in the plot were. On another note, I noticed basically no grammatical errors really. I was happy to see this, as a lot of "fanfic writers" tend to not care a lot about grammar. To finish, this story was amazing and I feel fortunate to have found it. I became a member of this site for the sole purpose of writing this review.

-Jeremy

Crys replied:

Glad you enjoyed it enough to keep with it. I'm happy about the bits you liked and bummed about those you didn't.

Sorry you didn't like the wrap-up. Other stories I've noticed that didn't give some sort of "happily ever after" all had reviews that asked about this or that. So I tried to tie up a few of the loose ends.

Thank you for the long review (I think you hold the record for this story :)

Happy reading.

Miminomo posted a comment on Sunday 2nd May 2010 7:28pm

Nice story, I liked it.