Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Monday 2nd November 2009 1:18am

I hate to say it, but this was a really unsatisfying ending to what had been a good story up until the last couple of installments. Feels like it ran out of steam. Not the high quality I'd come to expect from this author.

Time Shifter posted a comment on Saturday 31st October 2009 8:00pm

Normally I hate flaming, and refrain from it, but I can't fathom what inspired the sudden shift in writing in the last three chapters. You had the makings of a wonderful story, and then suddenly one of the girls is dead, the other divorces Harry, they go their separate ways, and we're just supposed to accept that that's the end. Of course it's your story and you can do with it what you want, but aside from messing with all of your readers who believed they were following an awesome story, I can't understand why you ended it this way. Could you at the very least explain why you changed the direction of the story at the end?

huskerfan posted a comment on Tuesday 27th October 2009 3:04pm

While Im glad that you posted this after the last chapter it still seems kind of flat to me. I guess after Daphne's death the story seems to have lost most of its drive for me at least.

huskerfan posted a comment on Tuesday 27th October 2009 2:58pm

I must say that Im very disappointed with this chapter, especially since Daphne died. It seems like Harry got a pretty raw deal at the end, I understand Tracey doing whatever it takes to get her freedom but deal or no deal it still seems pretty bad for Harry at the end. That said the chapter was still well written and I greatly enjoyed the story leading up to this.

Slayer89 posted a comment on Monday 26th October 2009 9:26am

It seems that many are unhappy with the epilogue, so i would like you to think of posting an alternate epilogue as well so evryone would be happy?

Anthony May posted a comment on Monday 26th October 2009 6:49am

Why couldn't you give Harry a woman? Why did you Kill off Daphne? They all went through sooo much together! Damnit you could of at least got him laid! Great Story but here's my ending... "Nancy closed the door and Harry proceeded to screw the brains out of Tracy and Hermione" The End - Now I'm happy. Seriously though, GREAT JOB!

Crys replied:

Why would he want to screw their brains out?   Their brains are what attracts him to them.

Instead, how about "Nancy closed the door, and Harry proceeded to screw them into a quivering puddle of orgasmic goo.   The End."

That better? :)

SassyFrass posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 5:05pm

What!?
What kind of ending was that! I'm so sad. You left so many interesting threads dangling. You had such a great story, and then, nothing! Doesn't Harry get a happy ending too?
Why did you choose this direction to take it, and end it in?

But, thanks for sharing the story, and I really enjoyed most of it.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 2:11pm

*chuckle* A most interesting tying up of some loose ends, but totally leaving it open as to how the situation between Harry, Tracey, and Hermione ever worked out. Personally this reader hopes that they managed to live qutie intimately together and "happily ever after".

rogue7 posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 10:11am

Great chapter
Brilliant story

Crys replied:

Thank you.   Glad you enjoyed it.

dennisud posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 10:09am

I'm only going to say that I think the author ran out of muse, or ideas and its became sort of another story.

Thanks much for the rest but the ending left me wanting.

Even if Harry hadn't ended up with any of the three girls that still left me with an empty feeling.

Cenladil posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 5:46am

Umm, think I will stop there.

bukay posted a comment on Sunday 25th October 2009 1:37am

I feel slightly put off by this epilogue, so many things seem unfinished... It simply lacks something.

AlaskanKing66 posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 5:24pm

Liked the story. Enjoyed reading it very much. However, I didn't like the epilogue so much. Harry is supposed to end up with the girls in the end.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 5:11pm

This is an interesting epilogue! You just had to tweak us didn't you? No one seems to know who Harry's love interest is. YOU are going to leave us to make up our own minds aren't you? YOU SLY DOG! Ok, I can live with that . This was quite an adventure. I look forward to more of this story but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Quite the prank. The marauders would be proud. Thanks for writing. pms

Crys replied:

*innocent smile*   Who, me?

Would I let each individual reader choose their own preference on who he's dating?

Thanks for reading.

jimbojones posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 4:07pm

The first 7 chapters were great. Well written, good plot, great characters. I am kind of left wondering why the last 3 were sub-par at best, rushed beyond any reasonable measure, and ZERO character development, other than death.

After seeing this listed as complete, I feel the need to ask: What the hell?

wacky witch posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 11:50am

This is great!

Crys replied:

Thank you.   Glad you enjoyed it.

krushii posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 10:12am

Loved the story as a whole. It was a unique approach to much of the HP fanfic that is available. However i was disappointed in the size of the last three chapters. In chapters 1-7 you averaged over 9000 words which led to a detailed, well plotted story. In chapters 8-9-10 combined you had just under 4000 words which seemed to lead to a rushed story line with little detail.

Overall i really enjoyed this story and several others that you have written. Keep up the great work. K

Dervish posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 9:48am

Crys,

Thank you for the story it was definitely not what i expected in the end but it was still a good read. Thank you for sharing it with us

Crys replied:

Thank you.   Glad you enjoyed it.

elisa_ posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 8:35am

I really liked the story but feel really let down by the last 2 chaps. For me, since Harry has lived such a horrible life filled with so much pain and abandonment, I need Harry to have a personal as well as military success. It's not enough that Harry triumphs in his battle with Voldemort/Evil/Dumbledore/etc. That's a professional victory. Since Fate (and the World) took a mortgage against Harry's happiness in order to save the world (a world which has always treated Harry horribly), it really should be paid back with interest. That said, Harry NEEDS to triumph personally in order to make his whole journey worthwhile.

I didn't see anything in the last chaps to make Harry's journey feel worthwhile. All he did was succeed professionally. Making Minister is just the avenue by which Harry can fix some of the World's problems; it does nothing for him personally. Harry needs a payout for ME to feel happy with his life.

Elisa

djo posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 8:25am

Somehow I got the feeling that you lost your fun writing this story for the last 3 chapters - the build-up until the battle was really great, the battle ok but everything after left me quite disappointed as it seemed rushed (in comparison to the earlier chapters) and as if you just wanted to end it somehow even with the inclusion of a new twist to the chattel issue which could have led to much elaboration.
As I like the way you are writing, I will still continue reading your stories and hope to see something new coming up very soon!