Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 3:12am

A very nice chapter as the Malfoys find that it's not as easy to get their way anymore as it used to be and their opposition is getting decidedly better at dealing with them. I wonder how much the loss of his marked students in Hogwarts is going to hurt Tommy-boy? The "prank" was most excellent revenge and I have a suspicion that, if the negatives haven't been sequestered as "evidence" by the DMLE, Colin may well find quite a demand for prints, and, if he can do the enlarging, posters.

Ron is rather dismaying, he seems to be regressing in personality and it doesn't seem to be pleasant for anyone around him; the talk Minerva has with his parents should have some "colorful" results. Regrarding Hermione's response to him, I think she was quite restrained and Minerva's punishment was just and fair. I do have to admit, Harry's setting things up to show his "control" of his "chattel" was nicely done and Daphne's comment added the final touch.

This story gets better as it goes along and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Crys replied:

Yeah, Colin had a chance to make a pretty sickle, but Scrimgeour had to confiscate them all.   Now, what Rufus does with them is anyone's guess.

Thank you for reading and reviewing

Treck posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:49am

Lucky Lucy strikes again.

You REALLY need to swipe that smug grin off his face.

Crys replied:

Patience, young grasshopper.

Stygius posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 1:52am

interesting and out of the blue chapter plot... i didn't expect the first 3/4 of it... i'm not sure, whether to applaud or throw tomatoes.

btw... what happened to the the lovely sexual innuendo between Harry, Tracy, Daph and Hermione...

Your confusing me with the Hermione/Neville bonding thinking that is happening... what happened to harry/hermione...

when are the junior DEs being bailed or broken out of jail. what will they get up to... where are you taking Ron's character?

dumbles change in attitute for strange and unexpected as well...

overall, i love the story, but not sure about this chapter.

Crys replied:

I vote that you applaud.   Costs less than throwing tomatoes.

What makes you think that the flirting between H/Hr or N/Hr is any less confusing to the 17 and 18 year olds involved?   They're teens.   They're trying to figure it out themselves.

Do you really expect me to answer your questions about the Jr deez or Ron?

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 1:02am

Please, please please, let us know if Malfoy jr's wand was snapped. Lets us know if his father tries to bail him out with money that should have gone to Harry. Also some sort of news artical could be posted that the Malfoy line tried to End the Potter pureblood line. Wonder how many Purebloods that don't subscribe to Voldy but think that Purebloods are better would say. Would they do business with the Malfoy's, or would they stop doing business with them causing them income problems? Just a thought.

Crys replied:

Little-ferret's wand was snapped, he pissed himself on the way out of the Great Hall, and he was unceremonously chucked into Azkaban.   As were all of the students caught with the dark mark.

Fun thought on that news article.   Without giving specifics in the story, the general attitude is going to shift Harry's way, so something like that article probably happens "off camera".

Thanks for reading.

LifeScientist posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:27am

Nice job! You're starting to get the Harry Angst under control and inspire the proper amount of anger on behalf of the girls in the situation that they found themselves in.
Looking forward to the next installment!
matt

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:26am

You know, Harry is definately learning from Daphne and Tracey. His manner of handling both the Death Nibbler Spawn and what the purebloods expect of him as a 'Master' was pure, pure Slytherin.

Ron, regrettably, is acting in a way that is pure Gryffindor - charge in and damn the consequences. Hopefully at some point his brains will take over from his hormones and emotions and he will understand exactly how difficult Harry's position is and how he really feels about his situation with his "property". I do wonder if his comment about Harry adding Hermione to his 'harem' might have more been a bit of wish transferance onto Harry from his own fantasies. ;)

Snape is... Well, I hope that Dumbledore learns from these incidents that Snape, no matter where his real loyalties lie, hates Harry with such irrational fury that he will try to cause him harm no matter what the consequences for the Cause. Such a man is inheritly dangerous and unpredictable and, as such, must be placed under restriction and close supervision.

The emergence of the most common alternate Trio (Harry, Hermione and Neville) is a nice touch. Ron was always a poor choice as Harry's "pureblood friend". I would like to think that, had she re-drafted Philosopher's Stone a few more times, JKR would have eventually swapped the two. Ron would have made an interesting support character occasionally either backing Harry up or acting as the 'Voice of Gryffindor House' but Neville would make the more plausible and interesting ally and friend. It could even have enabled a more organic handling of the H/G issue as there wouldn't have been the "My Best Friend's Sister" issue clouding Harry's actions.

BenRG's Rating: 7.5/10

Crys replied:

Yep, Harry's acting much more Slytherin.   Which, IMNSHO, is the only thing he can do if he expects to survive Voldy.

You've pegged Ron.   As to your hope . . . sorry, can't answer without spoiling the next couple chapters.   And yes, that "harem" comment was wish transference.

I agree with your comments on Snape and especially Neville.   JKR tried to pattern Ron too much after some childhood friend of hers into that character.   I've always liked Neville more as a complimentary character for Harry.

Thanks for the review.

dennisud posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:11am

I love the way they group is using the Purebloods own customs & laws against them, though I think there are duels in the future for Lucuis & Snape!

Great so far!
dennisud

huskerfan posted a comment on Wednesday 9th September 2009 3:26pm

Great chapter. I like that you got Snape removed from his job and that the girls are so protective of Harry. Can't wait to read more.

Jeffrey Meehan posted a comment on Wednesday 9th September 2009 3:23am

Are you ever going to do a lemon in this fic?

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 4:05pm

I have greatly enjoyed the story to date, including re-reading the entire story as each chapter is posted, nicely done in getting Snape fired, but attached to a post with nice dry wood would an even better way, after he was silenced and magic suppressing manacles were locked on him would an even better firing.

I loved the comment to Dumbledork aka MOB about the character references towards Snape - is there the slightest hope that he will open his firmly shut eyes?

thanks for sharing
Ken

Crys replied:

There's always hope.

Thanks for reading

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 3:50pm

Very good chapter.

gunny

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 2:44pm

Good chapter.

gunny

Prince Charon posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 9:22am

Well written. Sad that its so easy to believe, bot that Snape would, and that even with that provocation, it was still that hard to get rid of him.

I suspect that even if she hadn't been chattel, Dumbledore would still have gone for such a lenient punishment.

Crys replied:

Unfortunately, you could well be right.   AD's actions toward Snape have always been illogically lenient, at least from my PoV.

Thanks for reading.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 8:41am

Very good chapter.

gunny

Zicou posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 7:20am

This story is awesome !!!
Hope to read more soon so...
Continuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
Z.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 6th September 2009 6:51am

Very good chapter.

gunny

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 5th September 2009 2:47pm

Good start, Harry has the strangest luck.

gunny

Mickey posted a comment on Friday 4th September 2009 9:35pm

Very nice chapter. However I have a few problems with the explanation of Ron's behavior. First Tracy's analogy was a poorly chosen one, a better one would have been Ron asking to borrow Harry's Owl. Second if Tracy's explanation was accurate then there'd be no reason for the Weaslies to apologize. Third while I (unfortunatly) see nothing unbelivable in a culture where some humans are considered chattel with as much rights as a book and where it would be acceptable for a young man to ask his friend to borrow his slave in any culture where human slaves are not common and most where they are the young man's girlfriend would still be expected to object strongly to his having sex with a slave.
The reactions of pretty much all characters except Tracy fit this model which makes her explanation even odder.

Shadowface posted a comment on Thursday 3rd September 2009 5:23pm

Pretty interesting. I can't say that I've seen this done before. Please update soon.

switchhammerhit posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 1:42pm

I've read again, I still like your story very much. I prefer to be patient when reading these things but I was wondering if Harrys relationship with the girls has changed much since the Snape ( jerk ) incident? Has Tracy become more intimate, you know, hugs and maybe short kisses of affection? Some time has passed since jerk it seems. Plus the girls seem much more protective of Harry now as Tonks found out. I was wondering if you have a date set for the posting of your next chapter?

Crys replied:

Tracey continues to be close, yet not intimately close  with Harry.   Daphne is as close as Harry will allow her to be.

Yes, all three are protective of each other.

Chapter every other Friday.   Next one planned on the 11th.

Thanks for reading