Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rage and Light posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 7:12pm

This is a great story and I am really enjoying please keep going

david

serenity16 posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 5:45pm

great update. Awesome hope theres more.

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 3:53pm

Probation for a little slap? Justice is so mercurial at Hogwarts...

Seriously excellent update. Malfoy and his gang of miscreants (if that term isn't too mild) have really been asking for it. I can only hope that this is merely the start of their woes. Prison never hurt anyone, after all...

Looking forward to more.

bob dole posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 3:09pm

This story has become increasingly absurd, sorry. The characters do not act in ways that are remotely realistic. I'm not even talking about being in character. I'm talking about how nobody seems all that upset about attempted rape or murder. Oh well - it happens - better give them a detention! WTF. It's RIDICULOUS and it reeks of lazy writing - want lots of drama but don't want to go to the effort of actually writing the aftermath? Just throw in a few attempts at rape and murder per chapter and then have Dumbledore say there's nothing he can do, then repeat.

I like some of your other stories, but this is like a crackfic or something.

Crys replied:

Yes, many of the punishments are ridiculous.   I'm trying to highlight the utterly f*cked up way the laws are written in WW England.   As it happened at the school, it's the school's responsibility to set punishment.   As the only thing that can be proven is that Malfoy and sycophants tried to stun him, what more can be done?

Yes, it was an attempted kidnapping.   Everyone knows this, but that can't be proven.

It is AD's absurd protection of Snape (canon fact) that stops the attempted rape from being a bigger deal.   Again, the laws are bad.

If you wish to stop reading, then I thank you for having read to this point as well as letting me know what it was that bothered you about it.

pfeil posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:47pm

So, how long before Hermione's off-the-cuff inflammatory comment becomes reality? After all, Harry's finally gotten around to telling her he loves her...

(And I bet his chattel will insist that he have a wife.)

Crys replied:

If this fic lasts until they  are 20, then it'll probably happen that way.   Harry's emotionally stunted growth keeps getting in the way.

Thanks for reading.

slickrcbd posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:23pm

I don't think I made it clear, given that they were going to expel Harry and send him to Azkaban, yet when it turns out everything they accused Harry of doing Draco actually did, they turn around and let him off with a mere detention. Harry should have insisted on enforcing what they considered to be a "fair" punishment on Draco that they were going to force on him. Go to the press about it as well.

Crys replied:

Malfoy and the one board member kept trying to get Harry expelled.   Cooler heads prevailed before it came to that.

Yes, your suggestions are what Harry should do.   Unfortunately, his "saving people thing" keeps getting in the way.   Not to mention that it'd make for a short and unsatisfying fic.

slickrcbd posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:19pm

Given that Draco is allowed to get away with attempted murder, and the punishment they were prepared to inflict on him, I'm surprised Harry hasn't gone to the press about the matter. In addition, he should leave both Hogwarts and England, and send a letter citing the lack of legal protection for him and his wives. State that the Ministry has sent a clear message that they consider it acceptable to attack him and that the attackers are allowed to get off with only a minor 100 gallon fine. Not even fair compensation is offered for a near-fatal attack. That should incite some interesting responses as well as send a clear message on what he thinks about it.

Harry could use the Quibbler for his final letter.

hercules1991 posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:17pm

I just wanted to let you know that I love this story. Everytime I get a notice that you have updated I can't help but cheer. I was wondering though if you could give me a hint about your story. I am a die hard harry/hermione fan. I also love harry/mmulti stories. I have hopes that you'll do something like make Hermione Harry's main wife and keep daph and tracy as his chattel wives. If you choose to go in a different direction I'm sure it'll still be awesome and a great read.

Crys replied:

Has a red-blooded Harmonian, I'd like to see something like that, too.

But I have to stick with the characters I have as well as I'm able.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the resolution like everyone else.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 2:04pm

This story is so amusing and fun that I really do have trouble waiting for the next installment. It is almost as if I were 12 years old and having to wait for the next saturday at the movies for the next installment of Captain Video or some other weekly movie designed to get us into the movie house on the next saturdau aftermoon Thank you for the pleasure of reading these oh so wonderful stories of yours.
[e-mail deleted]

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying it so much.

As an aside, you don't need to give me your e-mail in the review area.   You're a registered user, so I can look it up.   If you're interested in e-mailing directly, I am crys @ fanficauthors . net   (removing all spaces).

Thanks for reading.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 1:19pm

Please, please, please, please can we hurt Snape and the two Malfoys a whole lot? Financially, socially, physically, and then kill all three?

Very well written.

Crys replied:

But killing them would just be too good to 'em!

I promise that none of the three will end the fic in anything approaching a good condition.   Those that survive to the end, anyway.

amulder posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:56pm

I'm afraid I can't fathom the Ron bashing.
It's all over fanon, to a ridiculous degree really.

Hary's "prank" was well done, but almost anti-climactic, since Draco has received his comeuppance off-stage. Still, the discussion in the Headmaster's room was rather well done.

thanks for sharing

Jeff Bernstein posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:50pm

I hope that Draco, have to answer questions under Veritaserum, now that he is a known Death Eater, leaving no doubt that he tried to kill Harry, Daphine and Tracy. I wonder how long until Ron join Tom, or am I misreading where this subplot is going. You are doing a great job

Crys replied:

Draco does have to answer questions under Veritaserum, but he doesn't know anything useful beyond that he's a low-level deez.

Yeah, this Ron probably would eventually try to join Riddle, given a decent recruitment attempt.   We'll just have to see if the situation ever comes up.

PopeYodaI posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:41pm

Actually surprised that the 'prank' wasn't more lethal... or that he hasn't jumped Snape in a dark corner somewhere and blown his head off. I suppose that's just part of his character, though.

Beyond a few grammatical errors, it was a great chapter. Keep them coming

BJH posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 12:09pm

Hang on a sec... When it was Harry attacking Draco the punishment was expulsion and confiscation of his "chattel" but when it was Draco attaching Harry the punishment was points and a detention? And this was with Ministry representation in the room all along?

It is not just the Headmaster that is biased if everyone else backed this.

BJH

P.S. I liked the actions with Snivellus.

Crys replied:

That punishment was suggested by ONE of the school board members.   The other school board member (and McG and AD) nixed that immediately.   Just trying to point out that even on the school board, there are enemies of Harry and/or allies of Malfoy.   Nobody else backed him.

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

irishfighter21 posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 11:31am

Awesome chapter

brad posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 11:02am

Hmmm. Several times in the post-prank debriefing Draco's crime was referenced as 'attempted murder' of Harry and his two ladies. I thought that was exaggerated, given that only *stunner* spells had been detected by the magical scan, and nothing more dangerous - in magic or intent - had been discerned. I'm surprised the pro-Malfoy people present didn't immediately object.

I've read a few fanfics where the Hat can either breeze through Harry's Occlumency barrier with ease ... or bounce off it ... but never one where it has offered to help fix Snape's damage. What a good idea!! It was never mentioned again, but I trust that Harry took the hat up on its offer afterwards?

> Lack of proof isn't proof of lack

Harry and Flitwick are wrong. It's surprising what you can learn in a HP forum ... it was pointed out to members in one in which I participate that 'absence of evidence' IS, indeed 'evidence of absence'. One nice mathematical proof is at this URL:

http://oyhus.no/AbsenceOfEvidence.html

... but you can find other discourses on the subject on the web too.

Of course, Harry uses the word 'proof' rather than 'evidence', which maybe makes his statement a different matter entirely than the 'absence of evidence' case.

You're painting Ron rather simplistically ... but I guess that *is* Ron, after all. :-) I dare say we can assume that his resentment had been building up over the previous month of his 'continuing jealousy'; maybe you could have written it slightly more that way, as if he'd reached his limit. Maybe you did and I'm just too picky. :-)

Harry's 'act' was cool, but - again! - Hermione was only too ready to believe the worst of her best friend, which made me unhappy. :-( Maybe this is a result of her always thinking that she's right and her peers wrong; she hasn't adjusted yet to the realisation that her friends have matured quite a bit recently. Ah well, at least you had her there in the thick of things, protecting Harry, along with Neville.

Crys replied:

A group of children of deez try to stun Harry.   Everyone KNOWS it's an attempted kidnapping (which is tantamount to murder where Voldy is concerned).   You're correct, though, that Malfoy's advocate on the board should've spoken up.   Mea culpa on that.

I've always felt the Hat is under-utilized.   I've tried to give it a small part in my stories (unlike JBern's starring role for it).   Yes, Harry let the Hat "fix" his shields.

As for the "lack of evidence" conversation, I'll leave that to theorists and  lawyers.   My main point is that with magic and memory charms, the normal rules are invalid.   Plus, lack of evidence could just mean that the evidence hasn't been unearthed, not that it doesn't exist.

Ron.   Yes, his resentment has been building.   See the "continuing jealousy" line you pointed out.   I suppose I could've expanded on it, but it would only be gratuitous Weasley-bashing at that point.   And I've been (and will) bash Ron quite severely as it is.

Hermione tends to leap to conclusions (canon).   Yes, it makes Ron look bad, but she's spent much more time with him recently (they DID date!) than Harry has.

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Sarah5 posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 10:47am

Will Ron turn dark will Deatheaters recruit him? Have you decided who will join Harry Hermione or Susan? Will Dumbledore step down Can Augusta Longbottom step into Hogwarts?

Crys replied:

Three yes, four no, but not going to tell you in what order.

Hey, you didn't actually expect me to answer, did you?

Thanks for reading.

Cenladil posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 8:48am

That was both hilarious and still serious enough. Classic chapter coming from one of the better authors in fanfiction.

Thanks

troyguffey posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 8:47am

LOVED the "prank gone wrong".....

Hawklan posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 8:42am

nice new chapter, malfoy and snape bashing is always funa shame that there wasn't more money left to take.