Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

James Barber posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 5:17am

And I would be one of the first one's in line to read said book by Fil on the ways of the female pyhscy! Great update, but what happen to luna's interview, would like to see that article too, ought to be good...also how come he and hermione havent hooked up yet, all the signs point to it, and besides getting a boyfriend/husband she will also get two sisters too! and all three of them are besides drop dead gorgeous they are also highly intelligent!

Crys replied:

If Fil did write that, I'd definitely read it, too.

Quibbler interview: It won't be mentioned again, I'm afraid.   Just an interview where Harry explains why he did what he did.   It's to calm the populace down, some.   In the following chapters, you'll see that the general opinion of him is definitely calmed down.

Thanks for reviewing.

DJ posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 5:10am

Harry should nut Snape just for the record. It was a hard chapter but you did it well. What were Nev & Hermione up to? I look forward to the rest of the fic thanks for writting.

BlackNight posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 5:09am

I cringed many times reading this chapter.

Firstly, the whole Ron bashing is annoying and makes no sense. Okay, let's assume that the Wizarding society is patriarchal (which it's not) and cultivates that kind of attitudes about women (which makes no sense). I don't think that there has ever been sexual inequality in the Wizarding world, because witches have equal magical power. Also, as they have magic, they must have had the sexual revolution centuries ago.

And even if the Wizarding world somehow was like that, Ron certainly wouldn't be. His family obviously doesn't share those sentiments and so he couldn't have learned them at home. Once he came to Hogwarts, majority of his friends were half-blood or muggleborn, who find such opinions disgusting. It's just not very likely that he would develop that kind of attitudes. Besides, Ron is not nearly as moronic as you portray him. Even if he honestly thought the girls as nothing more than luxurious toys, he knows better than to voice that opinion to Harry.

What annoys me most is that even Daphne and Tracy who are actually part of that pureblood society think more progressively than Ron, and are somehow much more knowledgeable about muggles and half-bloods.

It's also frustrating to see how Severus' IQ suddenly drops fifty points. The man is a total bastard, but I don't see him raping his students... At least he would never admit trying to do so. Besides, what he did was indecent but doesn't qualify as attempted rape. What Tracey did, however, is assault (even if it's excusable due the situation).

While I could continue this rant for at least a thousand words more, I think I will refrain.

Rick D Gale posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 5:02am

I think Dobby of some of the other House-elves should help Harry take care of his 'Snape' problem.

Just make sure Harry and his friends are in the presents of Dumbledore, the other HOH's and as many other high ranking persons from the ministy as possible before he gets his testicles spiked to his desk.

Of course the other option is to have Harry wipe him out in a dual - after Flitwick has him (Harry) trained up a bit.

I look forward to your next chapter.

rdgale

jim5 posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 4:58am

I have never been much of a reviewer in the past and have enjoyed this story as an interesting twist on the Harry/Multi issue, but I have to add my opinion on this last chapter.

Since you have stressed the "Pure-Blood" culture and society issues that Daphne, Tracy, and Neville have been trying to educate Harry on I think you might have missed something. The attack on Tracy, while she is not considered 'human' anymore is considered property.

By Snape actions he has attempted to destroy or deface property belonging to another House with malicious intent. This should be considered an insult inside this culture and allow Harry some recomprise to seek legal action through the courts for reimbursement.

This in turn can turn into quite the mess for Dumbledore and Snape. With Snape in court and the use of the truth serum could bring out the truth about his actions towards Harry and his treatment of the other houses, which in turn would bring questions about Dumbledore's fitness to run the school and so on. This could be used to polarize the sides better.

Crys replied:

Interesting thought.

You're right, he could go in that direction.

The reason he won't is threefold:
- Sueing Snape for "damaging property" is demeaning to Tracey.
- Dumbledore and the girls would warn Harry about the possible endgame (havoc in the school and for Dumbledore).
- Harry respects and trusts Dumbledore to do the right thing (foolish as that expectation may be) too much to intentionally cause Dumbledore harm.   Trying to pry the man off of his back is different than going out of his way to cause the old man political/social difficulties.

Thanks for reviewing.

Jason Karr posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 4:36am

I hope Snape dies a painfull death. It is nice that Harry and the Ladies are so protective of each other. Maybe one of the Ladies' fathers can get a hold of Snape, or one of thier mothers.

Disstance posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 3:59am

I really dug the premise but overall, to me, it feels like you're just using this fic to throw out as much contrived angst as you can. You keep reusing the same scenes over and over as well; Ron wanting Daphne and Tracey for sex, Harry and Hermione get mad at him. Malfoy wants Daphne and Tracey for sex, Harry gets mad at him, over and over.


Also, the biggest problem I have is that it really seems like every character *enjoys* being upset all the time. Harry is ether uncomfortable or angry the entire fic, Hermione is upset or angry the entire fic, it feels like no one wants to be happy at all. Instead of trying to make the best of a bad situation everyone just seems to act stupid and upset themselves over everything. None of your characters take any enjoyment out of life at all, except, I guess Daphne in teasing Harry, yet Harry does everything he can to upset her about it by getting mad.

mathmans posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 3:58am

I wish she would have spiked his balls to the desk as well.

Great story. Keep up the good work.

gadriam posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 3:52am

Lovely chapter. Harry appears to get more accustomed to his lordship, and i can see all sorts of troubles on the horizon. Will you have Dumbledore checked for imperius? You've certainly built the base for it. When the grapevine starts mentioning memory charms, there should be quite a few girls checking themselves for such things, and one of the usual suspects does indeed have a line to the DMLE. Just a thread to consider...
Anyway, awesome as usual.
Thanks!

g

Yunaine posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 3:15am

Nice work on the chapters so far. I've enjoyed the story, just getting that out of the way since I tend to reply only when I get frustrated :o

Hermione comes over as an illogical frustrated girl, but this is probably the intention. She's the one that got Harry into that situation in the first place so then being mad at him for what happens (or doesn't happen) behind closed doors is foolish.
She already knows that Harry is protecting both of them the entire time and treating them as people, so then assuming that he's doing whatever he wants is, again, foolish.
That said, I guess when the heart is concerned the brain shuts down.

While Snape's set-up was nice, the reasoning behind it has a giant flaw.
Snape himself said that Tracey was chattel / slave and had no rights. Dumbledore said the exact same thing to point out that Harry could not prosecute Snape for rape.
If all that is true... then Snape had no right to give Tracey detention in the first place since she is a slave.
Of course, Snape could assign detention to a student... but Tracey is not a student as was pointed out by Snape and Dumbledore.

Either she has no rights as chattel and Harry is responsible (hence him getting the detention instead for not keeping his property in line) or she has rights because of her temporary student-status (which Harry got them due to keeping them in school) and all official school-personal have to treat her like that. You can't go both ways since its illogical.

That out of the way and as blunt as possible: Harry is an idiot.
He doesn't know the ways to duel, he doesn't know how to treat his chattel, he doesn't know the ways of family (apologies and all that), he doesn't know a lot of things... and he seems content to leave it that way, thus making an idiot out of himself and his chattel.
The same for him leaving Tracey in the hands of Snape. He knows that she is his responsibility and Snape is an arse, so he's a complete 'dunderhead' for even allowing Tracey to go there unsupervised.
And as last point, the same yet again for Snape still being in the castle. Anyone that was nearly raped would refuse to be in the vicinity (or same house / "castle") as their attacker. Even worse, Harry knows that Dumbledore trusts Snape... so exactly why would Dumbledore bother to truly lock Snape away instead of trusting Snape to merely stay behind closed doors?
All that makes me thing Harry is the biggest idiot alive...

Crys replied:

You're right.   The dichotomy of Tracey's multiple status's depending on the situation is illogical.   The problem is that I can't go all the way one direction or another, else the story would lose a lot of interest.

If I go completely "she's a slave", then she cannot leave Harry's apartments without him.   That loses a lot of flexibility in her and Daphne's schedules (for dueling lessons and other lessons they have that Harry doesn't).

I'm sorry that there is this problem, but I can't get rid of it without destroying the fic.

As for Harry's actions, yes, he is somewhat of a fool.   I can give many excuses (he's trying to let them retain as much independence as possible, for instance), but it all boils down to "it's in his canon nature".   He's far too trusting for his, and his girls', own good.

I'm sorry these logical inconsistencies are bothering you.   If you choose to continue reading, I hope you enjoy it.

luckykas posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 3:10am

I am quite surprised that Harry didn't challenge Snape to duel. Of course at this point he is not capable enough to beat him. But Gryffindors throughout the canon have acted without forethought. Furthermore why didn't he start the smear campaign against Snape at the very least? His wives are slytherin enough for convincing him. He can be petty too. Why does everyone accept Dumbledore's word as gospel especially when he cant justify Snape's actions. I sincerely doubt Harry in your fic would allow any of his newfound family to be molested without any repercussions.

William Lack posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:36am

Not sure I can wait another 14 days for the next installment - this a nice story - the pureblood attitudes to the girls is interesting - with some like Neville and Gimmy dipping to it and out of with ease- knowing Harry doesn't fully understand .... will Hermione breaking up with (mo)Ron and spending more time with Harry and the girls lead to her becoming the alpha in his merry band ?

Nick5 posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:29am

You know, Snape's actions are getting old. Really old. I think it's time for him to have an 'unfortunate accident' of some type.

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:28am

NO offense but Harry should have made more demands by threatening to leave and transfer.

BJH posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:13am

A nicely done chapter. Hermione's reactions were nicely done and Tracey's "education" of her even better.

Interesting turn with Snape. I wonder how long it will take folks to piece together that, since Snivelus felt safe in raping Tracey since Harry had presumably already 'dispoiled' her and then raping her in detention, he has also done it to other girls? How many rapes has he committed within the halls of Hogwarts? And how will Dumbledore manage to continue to protect him after that?

BJH

Nightmask posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:06am

I'm usually a very acerbic reviewer, but for once I have nothing particularly biting to say. I'm throughly enjoying your writing, and I can only hope that dear old Severus finally gets what's coming to him soon.

You might even want to throw his lust for Lily as a jab at him - given his nature, I'd be surprised if any relationship he could've had with her did not end up abusive and possessive.

Kudos.

Lord of Bones' rating: 8.5/10

Crys replied:

Considering his personality, I can't see how any relationship of his wouldn't be abusive and possessive, be it with a woman, man, or cross-dressing skrewt.

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 2:05am

Another great update, thanks.

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 1:18am

Dumbledore sighed. "I trust Severus," he answered, ignoring the question.

Harry nodded. "I know. And I hope it means something to you that you're the only one who does."


Unfortunately, all it will do is confirm in Dumbledore's mind that he is so much smarter and wiser than everyone else as he is the only one who can understand what a wonderful, misunderstood warrior for the Light "Severus" is. There comes a point when arrogance and conceit create utter blindness of judgement. It is something that I feel will cost Dumbldore dearly before the end.

A very difficult subject and story segment nicely handled. I think that you caught the essential petulant childishness of the characvter of Severus Snape very well. What I've really liked about this story so far is how Harry and Hermione have had to come to terms with how incredibly medieval the wizarding world, even their friends can be. I wonder if they will see themselves having a future there any more.

I find myself wondering if Tracey and Daphne are lining Hermione up for a future role in Harry's family. ;) They seemed very pleased to have him comfort her.

BenRG's Rating: 8.5/10

Gergely Medzihradszky posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 12:57am

It is an interesting idea/story, but somehow I am having problems with Harry trying to adapt to the customs, and not trying to change them. I am interested how he will resolve the problems, for example if they get married in the muggle world, what would the status of the wives would be in the wizarding world?

scwhitehouse posted a comment on Friday 28th August 2009 12:00am

Great story. Hopefully Snape will get what he deserves soon - now he is no longer a teacher, I guess Harry can duel him. I'm looking forward to reading the Quibbler interview and seeing how the Light pure-bloods react.