Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

lol101 posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 12:36pm

Great story so far mate. Especially like how you protray the interactions of the parties involved - them trying to make the best out of the situation.

That being said though, seems that Daphne's getting all of his attention. I realised she's more accepting about the situation compared to Tracey but it just seemed that given the direction you took with Harry's character that he would try harder to include Tracey. Just my thoughts anyway. Look forward to the next update.

Crys replied:

Yes, Daphne is getting more attention.   'Course, she's also being much more blatant in TRYING to get his attention, too.   It'll even out.

Thanks for reading.

brad posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 12:31pm

Yes, I was hoping as of the last chapter that Harry *wouldn't* bed either of the two girls. Maybe I'm an old-fashioned fluffy romantic, but I believe one should make love only if one is *in* love. So I was delighted to read your Harry say exactly the same thing here.

His words later on, about not wanting to have sex with girls who don't have the freedom to say 'no', was clever and spot-on, too; a very neat second reason. Although it presents quite a problem for his ladies I think!! How will they ever be in a situation where they can say 'no' to their Master?

Likewise I was relieved to read that both the girls were also of a similar mind to Harry ... well, sort of. Tracey doesn't want to have sex, and even that harlot Daphne (!) admits that she doesn't love him (although, from her behaviour, I guess she doesn't view the act of sex as seriously as does Harry and thinks 'lust' is a good enough reason for a fling).

So. Having addressed that number one topic of prime importance in any HP fan fic - romance - what else is there to talk about? Oh, right, Voldemort, the dark lord out to kill Harry. :-) It sounds like you're going to set up some DA group activities, good-oh! I like that sort of stuff in a fanfic.

That was a nice extension of Mrs. Figg, both her character and her history with Harry. I've only read one or two other stories which have ever focused much on her.

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying this.

I'm trying to explore a few aspects of the slavery, without delving in the truly ugly side of things.

Daphne isn't looking for a fling so much as realizing she's now bound to him for life.   May as well make the best of it.   'Sides, he's a pretty good catch in his own right, even without this whole mess having dropped on their heads.

Plans to deal with Voldy are in process.   It'll take a while to come to fruition, though.

kb0 posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 12:03pm

Oh, yes, I'm very happy -- another chapter! :) Poor Daphne that Harry is being so angsty and stupid on her.

Kevin

Charles Newton posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 11:20am

As to no cliffy: Why, yes, I am happy, thanks you for asking!
Now, how's about getting my favorite two witches - one, a Firstborn, the other a Pureblood seeress - hooked up with Harry? the boy needs all the lovin' & help he can get!

jilumasam posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 9:39am

This is turning out to be a real nice story!! Thanks for writing it and I look forward to the next chappie.

Liz :)

James Barber posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 9:02am

Hey stupid, dont force hermione away... You know your version of harry even after his explaination, on the one hand I can understand but on the other there is no way in hell a 15 or 16 yr old straight boy could resist what happen on his wedding night, I dont give a fuck who they are!

Hey I still remember those awkward teenage years, where you wanted to treat the girls with respect but you also were battling hormones really bad hormones to boot, it was a crazy mixed up thing, but from my own experiences I would of had sex with daphne, I would of asked tracy and from her answer I would of done what he is doing to her too but still I would of had sex multi times with daphne, so I dont understand this version of harry, he's not normal, and I understand if you come back and say of course he's not normal look how he was raised!

Crys replied:

"Of course, he's not normal, look how he was raised!"   Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, he is different.   In canon, he's a rich, teenaged, male  celebrity.   There, he manages to get through with his virtue intact.   That's gotta indicate some serious levels of self-control.

I understand what you're saying, though.   I don't know what I would've done in his place at the age of 17.

LifeScientist posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 8:59am

Yes, you can end a chapter without a cliffy which in itself is such a shock that I'm llooking forward to the next chapter. Thanks as always for a good read and for some really nice character development on harry in this chapter.
Matt

Don Parsons posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 7:56am

I have been enjoying this story, but Harry's behavior towards Daphne is foolish and cruel. This is her wedding night and she wants her husband to have sex with her. She will never have another chance for this (barring Harry's death), so why does he deny her? This is not noble it's self centered.

tomandeva posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 6:22am

(sorry, this also was posted - in error - as a review in The Wedding) Thank you for another wonderful chapter in this story. I particularly enjoyed Tracey and Daphne's visit to Mrs Figg's house. I was wondering how the two would be able to hold jobs if Harry had to accompany them all the time and if no one could talk directly to them - the visit answered a lot of questions.

I am very curious to see how long it will take Harry to realize that the fact that obedience is not magically coerced means that they can say "no" to his advances. I hope you won't keep us waiting too long for that epiphany.

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 5:49am

yes happy! Good chapter.

happyreader posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 5:33am

your chapters have never disappointed

bye.... 1happyreader

DJ posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 5:21am

Nice chaper I must say your Harry is a better man then I. I can totaly understand how he feals about Tracy but Daphne is a whole different thing. Will they ever consummate marriage? Any way good work I look forwaed to the rest of the story.

Jason Karr posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 4:56am

Yes!!! no cliffy. It is nice that Mrs.Figg was put in the story and that she did try to help Harry.

Crys replied:

I've not seen a whole lot done with poor Mrs. Figg, so thought I'd try to give it a shot.

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 4:42am

Yes, I'm happy. I'm glad to see Harry getting some help. I think he needs some Slytherin help to defeat Voldemort and Dumbledore. Thanks for writing. W.

William Lack posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 4:16am

Not another Harry 'I am too bloody noble' Potter. Come on - it would have been more interesting if the magic in the contract insisted on consummation within a week of the marriage, and how they dealt with it. Daphne clearly wants it and wants it badly - so give her what she wants. She's a slave who wants something from her master and he is denying her - thats almost torture. Tracey on the other hand will need a little romancing, but how do you romance a girl who can't say no. humour and tickling is my solution

Michael10 posted a comment on Friday 14th August 2009 3:47am

But cliffy's make us desire the next chapter more. (mock pouts)
Anyways, nice chapter. as always keep it up.

huskerfan posted a comment on Wednesday 12th August 2009 3:19pm

reat chapter, what a cliff!!! Can't wait to read more.

khaos posted a comment on Tuesday 11th August 2009 12:04am

I like this story but a couple of points elude me.
Errr, first, since none of the contracts are magically binding but only legally binding, nothing prevents Daphne and Tracy to act as they want in private except their willingness to obey to the laws. I understand that in public they want to preserve HP's standing in gratitude but privately the only thing that stands between their attitude and acting freely is a legal obligation that noone will care about since it is private. Hence, they don't have to obey hP in private since they know he won't do anything to punish them for acting like free humans.
Second, nothing prevents HP to disregard traditions concerning the tratment of his wives/chattel: it will worsen his standing with traditionnal factions, which he doesn't care about (considering they already want him dead with the voldemort situation), and light sided factions won't care since they find the whole concept disgusting.
Third, what is legal and what is traditional? laws have to be obeyed in public space and even so as long as noone sues you or arrest you, you can disregard them (for eg the soft drugs situation). Traditions on the other hand can be disregarded both in public and in private.
That's it, think about those few points. I hope something will be done about those laws soon.

Crys replied:

First point: You're correct, they can act as they want in private.   They (at least at this point), are acting very subservient.   Couple reasons, first they don't know Harry well enough to know if that is what he really, REALLY wants, second they are trying to "train" him to act properly.   Once he thinks the right way in private, he'll act that way in public without having to stop and think about it.   The awkwardness will tone down as everyone finds the boundries.

Second point: Again, you're correct.   It's Tracey, Daphne, and Nev trying to tell Harry how to act "traditionally".   Harry, rightly, considers the traditions abhorrent.   They're attempting to minimize damage to his reputation, not realizing that he doesn't care about it.

Third: Legally, they must obey, he's master and so responsible for their actions.   Traditionally, chattel are little better than  sex toys with the rights of house elves.   In private, the traditions will shortly be thrown out the window.

I think I answered your questions.   Thanks for the review.

Jamey posted a comment on Sunday 9th August 2009 11:55am

I'm guessing someone (ne' Hermione) forgot to mention the term "consummate" to Harry.

Though, yes - there could well be something lined up to initiate conflict.

Hum... They're *chattel* - property. Would the consummation requirement of normal marriages apply? Then again, in these days of arguments over gay marriage (pro, myself) and "it all depends on what the meaning of 'is' is"... What actually constitutes consummation? Still, one guy, two girls, the traditionally expected, but unstated (other than cultures in which the results of the breaking of the maidenhead is displayed as proof of consumation) [Hum... Lemme think on that point...] would apply - except that they are *PROPERTY*. In one sense, sex with them is masturbation with a sex toy - not making love.

Soooo.......... 'Twill be interesting to see how you end up resolving this!

Crys replied:

Had a conversation with my beta over this point.   As they're property, is it still a legal requirement to consummate the marriage?   Well, is there any legal requirement to "seal the deal" when you buy/inherit a footstool?  

Glad I made you think.   You're going in the right direction with it.

On top of that, we have the emotional impact for all three as well as pure wants and desires.

Thanks for the thoughtful review

Hannah3 posted a comment on Saturday 8th August 2009 6:44pm

Well, damn. I hate cliffhangers.