Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Prince Charon posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 8:14pm

Nice cliffhanger. In regards to the Author's Notes, I kind of suspected you were doing it on purpose, but I wonder how Harry could go about changing that society. I can't think of a plausible way, that isn't incredibly heavy handed, so I wonder if he and his girls will just leave.

Its a bit sad that this isn't a stretch from the society JKR depicted in her books.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

Chris1 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 6:37pm

I'm not really happy with this story. I think it suffered greatly from lack of input during development.

Far, far too much of the action takes place off-camera, and we never really get a chance to FEEL the characters.

00_Knight posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 5:36pm

Awesome as ever! Can't wait for the Kick Ass fight scene just around the next chapter! Though I hope that this story will continue after Harry opens up a Can-o-whoopass.

William Martin posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 4:53pm

Great story... but have you no shame? Poor Ron.
What did he ever do to you? Oh well, he certainly did ask for it.
Keep up the great work.

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 4:17pm

Great chapter. I only wish that the raid was included. Ron should be turned over to the female members of the DA. I bet only a mop would be required afterwords. At the very least I should think the risk of him contaminating the gene pool would be eliminated. I continue to enjoy your fine story. Thanks for writing. W.

sith2886 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 4:00pm

why? Bashing I can understand, it happens but this is going to far. Ron is stupid but not this stupid and the fact that you did this makes me not want to read this again.

switchhammerhit posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 3:50pm

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, oops sorry. Couldn't resist. Enjoyed this update very much. Don't fret about all the cliffie naysayers, because cliffies are good (now and then).Keeps people looking for more. Great job with the interrogation, Harry getting in the proverbial right hook to the jaw of poor Malfoy. Hopefully Tracie and Daphne can exact a great deal of revenge in the upcoming fight with this slimball. It would be nice if they could also finish him for good. Thanks for the nice read!!! Keep them coming!!! Also thanks for the response to the reviews, its good to know that you do read them.

Crys replied:

Happy slightly late birthday.

Naw, don't worry about the cliffy nay-sayers.   No more death threats than usual from them.

Ferret Senior will be . . . ah,  handled in the next chapter, never fear.

Thanks for the review.

Stick97 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 3:47pm

Another great chapter, and looking forward to the climatic scenes to come...

Uh, the battle between Good and Evil. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Loved the comment about Obliviation from the girls. Still think I could see them bringing Hermione in, via the logic that they can tell Harry loves her, so since he is being a "stupid boy" they bring her into the group.

You could easily drag it out, the girls are all trying to be noble and let Harry be with the other one, and Harry is pulling the "I don't deserve any of you"

At any rate, looking forward to what you do next.

winoniel posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 2:21pm

Ah, the excitement builds!

Love the way in which you weave the girl's story into the on-going battle with LV, Dumbledore's blindness, and the petty jealousies of Ron. Well done.

While not technically a cliffhander, this chapter is more than enough to make me desire an update soon!

vheritas posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 1:54pm

Oh, the next chapter is going to be a doozy!
That was a fine read, and Ron deserves everything he gets. Will he aid the enemy out of being miffed?
I look forward to reading more.

Crys replied:

Given enough time (and the contacts), he might.

Fortunately for him, there wasn't enough time.

Thanks for the review.

brad posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 1:27pm

Wow, looks like this story might be over quite soon!?

Next chapter - Harry kills Riddle.

The following chapter - Harry is elected Minister of Magic and overturns the antiquated Chattel laws.

The final chapter - he makes wild love with both Daphne and Tracey, after marrying them properly, they live happily ever after, end of story.

Did I get any of that right? :)

Your making Ron such and out and out bastiche has me wondering if the silly fellow isn't under some sort of spell or potion, his behaviour is quite at right angles to his canon characterisation. Yes, he's a lazy sod, and yes, I guess I can understand his wanting his own piece of the action if Harry - of whom he has always had some underlying jealousy - seems to be getting some, from two attractive witches. But attempted rape? Ugh.

Still, why would any bad guy try and Imperius, Confund or subjugate Ron and influence him in such a fashion? No reason that I can see. So I guess Ron really is such a base cad in your universe, as simple as that.

I'm a bad serial reader, sometimes I forget things in the time between instalments ... I'll have to go back after you've finished this tale and see how Ron's antisocial behaviour developed from the beginning.

I continue to applaud Harry and his ladies' virginal status, and again praise your/his reason - or at least, the one (of several?) that he actually states - for refraining from intimacy. Refusing to make love to someone who can't say 'no' is an excellent and logical point. Even if they *could* say 'no' in the privacy of Harry's quarters, really, given as how they're not magically enslaved, I'll still happily seize on this excuse to refute any fanboys who just want to read Teh Hawt Sex.

I just hope that, by the time you do release that restriction on his girls, you'll have shown us that they are clearly in 'love' with him, and vice versa. While they're certainly *friends* now I don't think they've reached that point yet? But I dare say I'm starting to overanalyse the whole 'romantic' angle of the story.

Nice to see both Dumbledore kept out of the loop but also his acceptance of same, not allowing any pride to interfere with the ultimate goal of killing Riddle.

Thanks for the chapter!

Crys replied:

Yeah, you got at least one prediction correct.   Now just which one . . . [Crys ducks the rotten vegetables thrown at him.]

Ron: This has been a long time coming.   The underlying problem is Ron's inferiority complex.   He's mad at Harry and his unwillingness to "share" his property.   Months later, he's convinced himself that he deserves the same and tries to lay claim to his own chattel.  

I have a few reviewers encouraging me to turn this into a smut-fest, but as Harry keeps saying, "Yes" doesn't mean anything if you can't say "No".

I was trying to portray AD as too trusting of Snape, but basically having his heart in the right place.   When reality was shoved in his face, he's intelligent and honest enough to modify his own behavior.   Glad to see I accomplished writing him that way.

Thanks for the review.

fanfichelps posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 12:29pm

re Author Notes: Yes, we likely all agree that Harry Potter's world "has a screwed up legal system." But from someone who works in the American legal system, it is pretty screwed up too. I think many, many "average citizens" would be shocked if they understood how screwed up it is.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 10:10am

A heck of a chapter there, with a bad cliffie. Bad! LOL, I did like the set up, and was great to see Albus finally start to be ther General that he sort of plays at being in canon, and at least Snape was unable to squeal to the other side since Albus didn't say anything, though I'd wager that even if Harry beat the living crap out of Tom by winning with an Undertaker-like choke-slam, he'd still convince himself that the Potter brat was nothing great at all. Liked how the raid went, and the girls managed to trick Harry a bit by using his care for them, though they seem to genuinely care for him. Sweet to see Malfoy brought to heel just a bit, and will be curious as to who it is that takes him down at last. Now, as for Ron, he very much deserved to be beaten near to death, and got off much easier than he should have, though I can see Molly talking Arthur out of doing that, I don't see Ron growing up at all, unless it's shoved in his face, as is in canon, given how 4th year went with the jerk, and even then, it didn't stop him being a jerk to Hermione at all. Looking forward to what happens next time with the battle, and the fallout from that if the Ministry decides to try and step in the aftermath.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 9:47am

Great work, as usual. Interesting chapter to read, though I felt it somewhat slow in its progress. "Poor" Ron just can't get a brain, I mean, break...
Great work with the characters, it was very interesting to read Dumbledore's reactions throughout the chapter.

Keep up the great work. I hope you update soon.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 9:32am

One might guess that you have been taking "gritty" lessons from Jbern, but only if one failed to remember that you started before he did.

Great story, I apologize for not reviewing or at least thanking you for the previous chapters, I usually read offline.

I have greatly enjoyed the way you have filled in the backstory of this corrupt and brutal society that is so faithful to canon.

I particularly enjoyed the confrontation with Malfoy over the raid at the Carrow manor. The response form Harry to McGonagall was a classic.

thanks so much fhor sharing your talents

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying the story.   Thank you for your kind words.

PerfesserN posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 9:18am

Brilliant set up for the battle, good use of characters and personalities. Fair bit of moRon bashing, but would enjoy a good smack-down delivered by our own bushy haired brunette goddess.
Looking forward to the next thrilling installment.
N!

Crys replied:

Sorry, but Ron's time is done.   Hermione does shine in the next chapter, but it isn't in abusing ginger lumps.

Thanks for the review.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 9:17am

Surprise!!! As usual, I checked the site for any postings that are made every day and look what today gave to me. This totally delightful chapter of Chattle. This is one of the very few stories that I follow on a regular basis. You and the other authors on this site are so talented that I feel very fortunate to be able to read your postings.
Carol Layland

Jason Karr posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 7:57am

Hope Harry and his wives comenant their mariggeis. sorry about the spelling

Peter Clark posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 7:38am

Ahhhh! Evil end-of-chapter point!

Shepherd posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 5:35am

Excellent update. It looks like things are about ready to wrap up (unless Voldemort has some tricks up his sleeve). I like the way that Harry noted that the DA raid on the Carrow property would have to be a one time thing, as the death eaters would undoubtably improve their defenses. Too many fics have Harry's allies doing the same thing over and over without the Death Eaters ever bothering to adapt.

Crys replied:

Though all-around evil gits, I can't see Voldy or Malfoy being so stupid as not to adapt to what the kids have already done.

Thanks for the review.