Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LordofDigitalAlchemy posted a comment on Wednesday 28th January 2009 2:42pm

They're based off of the video game series, "Contra", by Konami. Specifically the first two are based on the ending of the original Contra, and the third based on the recently released Contra 4.

Does that help improve the chances of being accepted any?

LordofDigitalAlchemy posted a comment on Tuesday 27th January 2009 7:37pm

Here are a few suggestions for you:
-----

Hearing rumors about a mystical, unknown power source located on an island off the coast of New Zealand, Lord Voldemort apparated to the given co-ordinates.

* * *

The sounds of hi-tech gun fire filled the cavern, as dozens of spider-like creatures were destroyed with every round, and the noise didn't die down until after the creatures had stopped twitching. Two muggle men walked forward, smoke still coming from the ends of the advanced rifles, and looked around carefully.

"Think thats it, then?" asked the one on the left. "Still have the heart to take out." the one on the right responded, motioning forward with his rifle at the small tunnel ahead.

They trotted forward at a careful pace, towards the massive, beating red heart that took up the back wall ahead of them and began opening fire on it. A low pitched thump, thump, as the heart was torn apart and tried to keep beating filled the cavern, until after nearly a minute, it was shredded and destroyed.

The two smiled at one another grimly and made to turn around and head back for the entrance, when Voldemort reappeared right before the now dead and destroyed heart.

Taking one look at the pale white skin, snake like face, and glowing red eyes, the two muggles opened fire again. Voldemort only had enough time to raise his wand before the laser rounds tore through his body.

"Looks like Red Falcon had one last form left afterall." Bill Rizer commented dryly.

-----
Hearing rumors about a mystical, unknown power source located on an island off the coast of New Zealand, Lord Voldemort apparated to the given co-ordinates.

* * *

He reappeared just as Galuga Island exploded due to the large amounts of C4 stashed along it.

Some distance away, in a military grade helicopter, two muggle men looked out on the explosion with satisfied smirks. "Looks like thats the end of the vile Red Falcon." Bill Rizer commented dryly.

----
Hearing rumors about a mystical, unknown power source located on an island off the coast of New Zealand, Lord Voldemort apparated to the given co-ordinates.

* * *

He arrived just as four of the muggle worlds arguably most bad-ass men alive descended from a military grade helicopter.

Taking one look at his pale white skin, snake like face, and glowing red eyes, all four opened fire with their laser rifles.

The crisp and smoking form of Lord Voldemort dropped to Galuga Islands soft grass.

The four barely gave him a passing glance as they rushed forward to take out the rest of Black Vipers alien scum.

Crys replied:

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't recognize the reference.

Doc Sportscar posted a comment on Monday 5th January 2009 6:22pm

Here's a couple suggestions. Modify if desired.

****

Voldemort smiled in triumph as the ritual circle flared and he felt himself moving through time and space. Soon he would be at the source of the greatest evil to be encountered by Man, and its power would be his.

But when the black light fell away from his vision, all he saw was a metal sphere inside three gyroscoping rings, spinning away in front of him. Then the rings lined up and locked, and the sphere flared with light.

The last thing Tom Riddle ever heard was the Event Horizon 's computer say "Gateway Opening".

***

Voldemort could taste triumph. He had Potter cornered here, in the deepest bowels of the Department of Mysteries, with no way for the brat to escape. Now the boy was running for the Veil itself, the one place where Riddle could kill him regardless of whatever protections his Mudblood mother had put on him. Voldemort threw the door open, a smile of unholy triumph already stretching across his lips.

His foot slipped on a patch of slick grease as soon as he put it down inside the room, and Voldemort fell forward. His other foot and body landed against more grease, and as he slid over the floor towards the waiting veil all Voldemort's mind could do was shriek that this was impossible. Someone would have had to know exactly where he would step to know where to put the grease! How could anyone possibly-

Voldemort looked frantically over his shoulder for a way out. He didn't find one, but the brightly smiling woman waving goodbye to him from next to the door gave Tom Riddle one last thought to take with him into eternity.

Sybil Trelawney was an even better actress than she was a diviner. She had spent nearly twenty years pretending to be completely ineffective at predicting the future.

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

DragoFlare posted a comment on Friday 2nd January 2009 7:49am

Lord Voldermort was many things, a powerful wizard, a psychopath, ana a lover of Elton John songs, but one thing he wasn't was careless, most of the time.

Every six months since his resurrection, Tom made sure to check on his hidden Horcruxes to ensure the traps he set around them were still active.

He was on the final leg of his latest inspection, the orphanage where he spent his childhood and hid Helga Hufflepuff's chalice.

Riddle made sure to disable all the hexes and spells he place throughout the building, the decapitating curse on the entrance, the trapped stairs, and the incinerating ward on the room itself where Helga Hufflepuff's cup rested.

"Now why do I get the feeling that I'm forgetting something important...?" the dark wizard thought to himself as he cast several obscure detection charms over the cup to verify its authenticity.

"I'm sooooo bored! When is the master going to bring my my next meal?" a voice whined off in the shadows.

"Oh bugger! Now I remember!" Voldermort gulped.

"Oh master! you came you came! Can I have my meal now? I starving! After thirty yeard of living on rats, I welcome some variety with open arms! That is if I had any!" A hundred foot basilisk chortled in parseltongue as it slithered out to meet its master.

"Um, I sorry, but I didn't bring you anything to eat..." the dark lord muttered as he backed toward the door. It was at that moment when he remembered why he stuckthis particular Basilisk here. It got very temperamental when it didn't get fed.

And my temperamental, I mean that the body count was usually into the dozens by the time Riddle and his Death Eaters managed to subdue the thing.

"I think I might have heard you wrong. Did you say say you DIDN'T bring me anything to eat." the giant snake hissed as he edged toward Tom, its expression darkening.

"Erm...well." Voldermort hemmed and hawed.

"Maybe I should make a meal out of YOU!" the shake roared as it snapped at his head.

Voldermort let out an undignified yelp as he hurled himself away from the ferocious snake and scrambled for safety.

Unfortunetly, he forgot he only disabled the traps, not dispelled them all together.

As soon as he ran out of the room, the wizard ran afoul of the combustion ward he put around the doorway.

"OW! HOT! HOT HOT!"

And the trip jinx at the top of the stairs.

BANG!

AUGH!

BUMP!

ACK!

BOOM!

OW!

And last but not least, the decapitating curse at the entrance of the building.

THUNK!

"Oh Well, a meals a meal..." The snake hissed as he dragged the headless, broken, bloody, and crispy body back inside.

Hey, I said he wasn't careless most of the time, not all the time.

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

Regina Noctis posted a comment on Thursday 1st January 2009 3:05am

And...HAPPY NEW YEAR! I came up with another one >.>

~*~*~*~

Voldemort glanced at the black object in the corner of his den with some distaste. Lucius Malfoy had, in honor of the Dark Lord’s resurrection, given Voldemort a present. Dark Lords needed their secrecy kept perfectly intact, and thus Lucius had given Voldemort a magically-powered shredder. Voldemort sighed and began to feed the shredder with scraps of parchment on which he had doodled plans to destroy Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore.

But long fwoopy sleeves that were mundane to magical robes did not agree with the Muggle concept of shredders, apparently.

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

Regina Noctis posted a comment on Monday 29th December 2008 6:33pm

Hehe. I still love coming back here to see what all you've come up with. :) And thank you misterq. I'll do my best the next time I start writing. :D

So. Another plot bunny hit me over the head the other day...but something tells me you might have already covered this topic. I'll scan your archive in a sec, but feel free to reject this if you already do have it somewhere...

~*~*~*~

Voldemort stared down at the little yellow creature that stood before him, then at the small red-and-white globe in his hand, and then back at the creature. It looked remarkably like a house-elf, albeit yellow and round and without any useful appendages. However, this droopy-eared yellow monstrosity was supposed to hold all the power needed to destroy Hogwarts and every resident inside.

"Pika?" asked the creature softly, cowering a little under the Dark Lord's glare. "Pik-pika?"

Voldemort scowled. "Don’t ‘pika’ me, you insolent little monster!" he shouted commandingly. "Go and destroy the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! And if you fail…" he cackled. "I shall show you what it means to defy the greatest Dark Lord in existence!" And he cast a Cruciatus on the creature, just to show it the meaning of pain.

The little yellow ball of fur squealed and suddenly glared back at Voldemort as the curse was lifted, seemingly growing ten times larger in a span of a few seconds. Pikachu did NOT appreciate being Crucioed.

"Pika-CHUUUU!!!"

~*~*~*~

Thanks again for posting all my other ideas, and happy Voldemort killing! :)

~Gina

Crys replied:

Sorry, I have a standing habit of not using any anime references.   I don't watch any variety of it, so I simply don't understand it.

tonicwater posted a comment on Saturday 27th December 2008 1:28am

Professor Quirrell scowled inside as he stood just inside the entrance to Platform 9 3/4, watching students come through in ones and twos. Why did he, of all people, have to get the assignment to watch the brats? Why not Snape? At least that would be amusing to watch.

A sudden uproar arose, and he looked over just in time to see Crabbe and Goyle's sons topple onto the young Malfoy. A grimace flashed across his face before he ran over to assist, keeping his cover. Unfortunately, on the way, he tripped over a badly-placed trunk labelled 'N. Tonks'. For a moment, he lay prostrate on the ground...long enough for Harry Potter to come through, running over the man's head with a baggage cart.

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Thursday 11th December 2008 1:11pm

Wow! Incredible. I actually didn't recognise my own suggestion, but well done for making it work.

Crys replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 10th December 2008 7:19pm

I really like these. I shows a lot of imagination and thought people have put into getting rid of old Moldy Shorts! Thanks for adding to the fun. pms

scythrealblood posted a comment on Wednesday 10th December 2008 6:06pm

Lord Voldemort apparated into the heavily forested area Wormtail informed him about. Potter was last seen here in Korea, and he, the greatest Dark Lord ever, was here to kill him.

"Halt! You are in a De-militarized Zone! Identify yourself or we will open fire!" a strong gruff voice called out.

insolent fools. he raised his wand to curse.

"Open fire!!"

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

darthloki posted a comment on Wednesday 10th December 2008 1:05pm

I like 404 best out of this lot. :)

Trscroggs posted a comment on Monday 8th December 2008 8:33am

Oh, I got another one.

It was sometime after Voldemort’s second war began. Losses amongst the British Aurors where so bad that the Ministry allowed the volunteer Aurors from other countries join the fight.

A few where even stationed at Hogwarts for the school’s defense. Dumbledore made note that a grieving Harry Potter spent a lot of time amongst the American Aurors. He was apprehensive at first; but, final realized that Harry was only seeking solace amongst a group that treated him more as a young child, and not the savior that he was destined to be.

Finally, towards the end of Harry’s sixth year, Voldemort attacked Hogwarts with his full forces. Much to the surprised of all involved, the American Aurors manage to hold their ground far more than anyone expected. Finally Voldemort himself attacked their fortifications, calling out the Auror leader into a one-on-one duel.

Much to Voldemort’s amusement the youngest, smallest, man in the group emerged from the barricade. Introducing himself as Max Thompson, the formal rituals where followed and duel began. It was a short match. The young Auror twisted her way out of Voldemort’s first spells and killed him with a couple of well-aimed shots of his own.

"There you go," Max said to Harry, as he left the barricade. "One dead Dark Lord, just as you asked."

"Thank you, Mr. Thompson," Harry replied, "Thank you so much for ending this for me."

"But Harry," Dumbledore latter asked, after the press conferences and party had ended. "Only the child of the prophecy could defeat Voldemort."

"I can answer that," Max interrupted, "American Aurors have experience in prophecies too. There’s even an optional class in them at the Aurors academy. Harry here was kind enough to recite the prophecy to us and we figured out all its loopholes."

"First, I was born on July 31. Voldemort marked me as his equal when he challenged me to a solo duel, and he lost his fight to my ‘hand’."

"But your parents did not defy him," Dumbledore protests,

Max waved the protests away. "I contacted my parents after Harry told us the prophecy and had them say ‘I would never join Voldemort.’ three times. Since Voldemort wanted to conquer the whole wizarding world, they where defying Voldemort without him ever knowing."

"And the ‘Power he knows not’?"

"That ones a little embarrassing. See, I’m a partial shape-shifter I can change the length of my hair." Max quickly changes his military crew-cut into shoulder-length locks. "The prophecy only said I had a power, not that it would be useful."

Crys replied:

Scene  added to the file.   Thank you.

Orion posted a comment on Monday 8th December 2008 7:19am

Wow . . . just wow.

Trscroggs posted a comment on Monday 8th December 2008 5:45am

Here's one you can flesh out if you like. Since I can't narrate, so I'll hit the plot points.

1. Voldemort is dead, and a party is underway.
2. Somebody (Dumbledore?) asks Harry how he killed V.
3. Harry said he didn't and points to a woman wearing muggle combat armor. The man goes, "Just doing my job."
4. Dumbledore sputters about the prophecy and the woman goes, "You have a prophecy about a Dark Lord? Which one?"
5. The woman explains that there are many "secret" societies like the wizards around (one for psychics, super-science, martial artists, etc.) and at any given time there are 2-3 "Dark Lords" in each.
6. The woman works for the "real world" and helps the hidden ones deal with Dark Lords they can’t stop; rates Voldemort a 3 on a scale of 1-12.
7. Harry repeats the prophecy quickly and the woman thanks him. Says she has to deal with another Dark Lord on the "Superhero layer" in Oxford and leaves.

Crys replied:

Bunny added to the file.   Thank you.

misterq posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd December 2008 5:48am

And some more plot bunnies....

After the debacle of the Triwizard tournament, Harry had a new purpose: to master the confoundous charm. If the spell could fool an ancient magical artifact enough to spurt out his name, what could it do to people, Harry wondered. So after sneaking into the restricted section and reading up on the wand motions of the curse, Harry decided to give it a try. It was too bad that the librarian startled him before Harry read that the curse was temporary. Not knowing this, Harry pushed as much power as he could manage every time he cast it, making the effects last for years instead of days or weeks.

After the success of making Snape believe that Draco was the son of his eternally hated rival, Lucius; making Umbridge as nice and capable a teacher as her decorations were pink; and Filch actually enjoy his work in a magical castle - at least enough not to take it out on the students; Harry was ready with his new spell.

Just in time too, for when Voldemort sent him visions of Sirius being kept in the Department of Mysteries, the Dark Lord's deference were lowered enough for Harry to make Voldemort believe that his own face was a very defiant Harry Potter.

***

"Accio Voldemort's retinas!" Harry shouted during the final battle. Voldemort screamed as he went blind instantly, allowing Harry to cast a cutting curse at Riddle's wand. And as he was taken into custody and eventually given to the dementors to kiss, no one was about to give a weak, blind Voldemort a pair of magical eyes.

***

Harry had never been that great a student, but outside of Hermione's nagging, he never had that much motivation. Right up until he noticed a pattern in his life. Every so often, he would encounter a magical artifact that he would have to use or protect or destroy. In either case, it would change his life, and not for the better.

There was the mirror of erised, the philosopher's stone, the sword of Gryfindor, the cursed diary of Voldemort, the sorting hat... and the list goes on and on.

Well no more would he have to rely on other magical artifacts. Harry decided he would start making his own. So after he and his friends were attacked by a hundred dementors, Harry decided to make something that would be of use against them. But it was a Japanese cartoon he saw Dudley watching that gave him the idea. After that, it was just a matter of owl-ordering and reading a few books on runes and artifact creation. And about a year of trial and error.

It was fortunate that the two dementors decided to attack Harry and Dudley. Fortunate for Harry as he smiled and withdrew two red and white balls that he had created (and which finally worked as intended).

Thus, when Voldemort appeared in the Ministry of Magic, he was momentarily surprised when Harry tossed those very same balls at him. He was even more surprised when they opened and released two dementors completely loyal to Harry. And since the horcruxes were linked to Voldemort's soul, they too were sucked away by the Dementors' kiss.

***

As McGonnagal said, human to animal transfiguration is extremely tricky. So when Harry, remembering what happened to Draco, tried to turn Voldemort into a ferret during their duel at the graveyard; he didn't get a ferret. He got something red and pulsing and unrecognizable that gasped and wheezed for almost half a minute before it stilled forever.

***

Voldemort gloated to his captive, "I'll now see into your mind and find out exactly what Harry Potter is doing. Legimens!" Unfortunately, the Dark Lord chose the very worst mind possible to go spelunking in.

Thirty seconds later, Luna Lovegood was clapping in joy as a mentally-scarred-for-life Voldemort did his third clumsy rendition of 'I'm a little teapot, short and stout'.

***

Harry launched a glowing cord of magic from his palm while yelling "Get over here!". The magic rope hooked Voldemort and forced him across the Ministry of Magic's lobby and closer to Harry while stunning him momentarily.

"Finish him!" Hermione yelled. Boy was she was glad she had been wrong when she told Harry that he couldn't develop magic based on a ordinary video game.

With another gesture, Harry then froze the Dark Lord in a block of ice before shattering it into a million fragments. Harry bowed to the stunned people watching and exclaimed, "Fatality!"

***

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Tuesday 25th November 2008 6:47am

Unfortunately, I don't have time to turn this into a full story, but... Well, thinking about phonology versus orthography has yielded me a slight rewording of the prophecy: "but he will have power the Dark Lord knows, Nott..." After all, it's hard to figure out where the punctuation goes when someone is chanting in a monotone... So, what if Nott is a spy, and not just that but a known spy Voldemort uses to feed false information to the other side. And when Voldemort finally decides to get rid of him, he surprises ol' Snakeface by fighting back?

Crys replied:

Both you and misterq came up with variations (. . . knows Nott) on the same idea.   You're mentioned in that.

Gullwhacker2 posted a comment on Monday 24th November 2008 6:46pm

Inspired by Superman 2:

Harry collapsed at Voldemort's feet, a half dozen Death Eaters surrounding the two. The Dark Lord had a pensive look on his face before withdrawing an odd staff.

"I will not settle for killing you, Potter. With this, I will take all your power for my own, and none will be able to stop me!" With that boast, he touched the end of the staff to Harry, green arcs of lightning crackling between the two.

Harry reached up, weakly, to grab at Voldemort's arm. A curious look came over his face as a cracking sound emerged from where he'd squeezed. Voldemort, for his part, was to shocked to so much as cry out.

"...thanks, Tom. I think you were holding it backwards." Standing up, Harry grabbed Voldemort with one hand, lifting him up easily before hurling him into a wall. "So who's next?"

Crys replied:

Scene added to the file

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 18th November 2008 4:32am

These are all very funny but some deserve special mentions:

LOL at the Myrtle one and Dobby as Yoda's great grandson.

The Boy Who Had Obviously Lost It was a great one liner.

The fluttering butterfly one was hilarious.

The zombification of the graveyard was also great.

LOL at the dead squirrel.

394 - I think Luna would approve and probably still be willing to marry him. It would keep the Quibbler in print for decades!

The Dangerverse one was also brilliant.

The final one was fantastic. Love the idea of Moody being right.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 17th November 2008 5:51pm

A Fanged Frisbee, an Ever-Bashing Boomerang, a Screaming Yo-Yo and Voldemort. All together, there has to be some interesting situation in there. I just can't think of it.

Oh, and for any interested parties, my last offering was based off a few old quotes from Athol Guy, who was the double-bass player for The Seekers. I didn't expect anyone to get it, but I had hoped.

Crys replied:

Bunny added to the file

misterq posted a comment on Monday 10th November 2008 6:37am

Here are some more plot bunnies:

"You know, Tom, there are two things Lockhart taught us," Harry Potter said to his adversary across the graveyard where they were currently dueling. "First, beware of things that come in swarms. And the second thing is OBLIVATE!"

The Boy-who-lived was a bit more powerful than his former second year defense teacher and when his beam hit true, the immortal dark lord slumped to the ground, only remembering enough to keep breathing while drooling all over himself.

Harry looked at the collapsed Voldemort and then back to the astonished Death Eaters. "I guess I didn't even have to use this," the boy said as he magically expanded the fragile box of Cornish pixies he always carried and threw it, grenade style, at the assembled dark wizards.

***

While Lily Potter screamed and pleaded with the Dark Lord not to kill her son, baby Harry reached into his mother's pocket and pulled out a few of the experimental rune stones she had been working on. Then, as all babies tend to do with new things, Harry shoved three of the small stones into his mouth.

Voldemort sneered at the dead woman before turning his attention towards the boy. The killing curse hit the baby who was gnawing on the power, amplify, and absorption stones inside his mouth - and did nothing. No scar, no dead toddler, nothing. The green beam did absolutely nothing.

The Dark Lord was astounded. He cast his favorite spell again with the same results. The same thing happened with the third, fourth, and fifth casting. Voldemort tried other curses at that point. Blood boiling, bone breaking, decapitation curses, even fiendfyre. Nothing. Just Harry Potter starting at him.

Pulling out a dagger, Voldemort advanced at the boy who could suddenly feel the ill intent from this tall scary man who had been shooting different colors at him. The toddler reasoned that maybe he was upset because he gave him all those colors and got none in return.

And with that thought, Harry's eyes changed from their usual green to a kaleidoscopic prism of swirling colors before launching an amplified combination of all the spells Voldemort cast right back at the dark wizard.

***

Harry had never been that great at transfiguration, but he had need of the skills now. While tied to the gravestone, Harry was expending all his effort to turning as much of the air above himself, Voldemort, and his death eaters into a fine mist of scent-less fuel. Harry figured that if he was going to die, he would take everyone with him.

Fortunately, he was freed, forced to duel, and somehow managed to get himself and Cedric's body to the cup portkey. And right before he touched his way back to freedom, Harry had time to cast one flame curse straight up at the massive hovering fuel cloud, showing Voldemort and his followers close up why the most powerful non-nuclear explosive the muggles had come up with was a fuel-to-air bomb.

****

"Magic Missile! Fireball! Orb of Disintegration!" Harry cast at Voldemort, grateful for both finding that old Dungeons and Dragons book at the store; and learning that with enough practice, he was able to get the spells to actually work.

***

Harry sat in the living room at 4 Privet Drive while his family was on vacation. Falling asleep during the horror film marathon on tv, Harry never realized that his scar link with Voldemort went both ways. The next day, the Dark Lord, who had never seen a muggle horror film, was found in his throne room dead from fright.

***

When learning how to apperate, Harry asked Hermione to see if she could develop a spell that would force someone to apperate. She managed it, but warned that there was a serious risk of splinching the target. Not much of a draw back if you're using it in battle, Harry mused as he casually kicked Voldemort's head like a soccer ball.

***

Voldemort died peacefully of old age. Unfortunately, that was shortly after drinking some house elf delivered fire whiskey laced with an extra strong version of the Weasley twins' aging potion.

***

"Reparo!" Harry cried the first spell he could think of and overpowered it with his emotions. Voldemort clutched himself as he changed. His eyes turned back from red to his natural color. His nose and hair crew back. But the most profound changes were all in his mind.

With a wave of his hand, the tall, elderly, but still somewhat handsome man stunned all of the death eaters.

"Thank you, Harry Potter. You have brought a measure of sanity back to this foolish man."

And with that, Tom Riddle collapsed down to the ground, crying for all the atrocities he had been responsible for. In that moment, Harry truly knew that Voldemort was truly and forever dead.

***

Crys replied:

Some of the ideas have already been used, but some scenes added to the file.   Thanks