Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rage and Light posted a comment on Friday 7th August 2009 2:50am

Hey

Just read the other two chapters and the third one again and I have to say I am loving this story as it is differnet to most of the harry potter stories I have read, there is also good background to keep the story going please keep it up

david

Tabraiz Rasul posted a comment on Thursday 6th August 2009 4:04am

awesome story. although i have too point out that the sunservient business is getting a bit too ,uch. i mean is not like they actually lost their wills through magic. its just a tradition so why don't they atlest try to not act like slaves when they are together.
harry asked if he can get ready for bed and tracy says that they don't have a vote. nobody i spresent whats the big deal. i understand the public consequences but as long as they are out of public......they should stop this behavior.

Crys replied:

They're trying to beat it into his head that he doesn't ask them permission for anything.   If he doesn't think that way in private, he won't act  that way in public.   The situation will calm down once they all learn the new status quo.

Rage and Light posted a comment on Thursday 6th August 2009 1:53am

ah I didn't see there was two other chapters before this one, sorry I shall read them and get back to you this story is really good.

david

Rage and Light posted a comment on Thursday 6th August 2009 1:50am

That was cool, is this a one off or is there going to be more?

david

goddessa39 posted a comment on Wednesday 5th August 2009 9:54pm

Am loving this so far. Lately there has been little readable out there.

...i keep getting the alerts DAYs after u update; sup with that?

Crys replied:

Yeah, the e-mail server is continually flooded with spam, so it's running days behind in some cases, mine included.   Sorry, nothing I can do about it.

Thanks for the review.

Harriverse posted a comment on Wednesday 5th August 2009 10:18am

You stopped at the good part. You've put a lot of thought into the background of chattel and it shows how seamlessly it fits. Finally someone put Ron in his place. I'm with Harry over his holdings...that seems like too little, especially since he appears to have close to nothing from the Potters, unless they are not an ancient and noble house in this universe--and the Blacks are kinda shabby too. Nice to have Neville being such stalwart companion. Great update.

Crys replied:

Sorry, not going to exceed the Teens+ rating.

Unfortunately, Harry was under the impression that his name equated to "old money".   He was wrong in that assumption.   The Blacks were old money, but their habit of backing dark lords has reduced them to broke.   Only 12GP to their name at this point.

Thanks for the review.

djo posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2009 7:30pm

Great story - I am looking forward to the wedding night...

Crys replied:

Sorry, not going to exceed the Teens+ rating.

Concealed Convict posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2009 12:37pm

I want to read what the scene that greeted him was, and I expect detail. I'd also find it hilarious if the room had come under attack while he was in the bathroom.

Thanks for writing
Keep up the good work and update soon
C-C

GinnyLover posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2009 9:52am

So EVIL!!!!!!!!

Hypochondriac posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2009 8:28am

Nice story, Glad you continued it from Odd Ideas, DId you have to end it at a cliff hanger though :(

Wonder if you will have Ron continue to act like an asshole? If he does I hope you have Hermoine dump him, and Harry tell him to get his act together or they will no longer be friends.

Faith1 posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 11:30pm

*snicker*

Jason Karr posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 10:01am

please don't put Hermione with Ron or Niveal. Put her with Harry. The Headmaster is an idiot.

DarkFalcon posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 8:54am

awesome, very well written. keep it up!

PaulKellington posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 4:48am

I can think of few authors I would trust to further one of Rorschach's ideas ... you are one of them.

You've done a good job so far and I'm enjoying it. I especially like the way you handled the wedding. So many authors would have glossed over the trauma of the event and had the trio attending the after party with jokes, smiles and blushes. Your version seemed more appropriate to me.

Dracolych69 posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 4:19am

You really do like the cliffys, don't you? A nice story progression chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Crys replied:

Well, at least this was a "nicer" cliffy, wasn't it?

I promise, no cliffy next time.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2009 2:23am

Ah, the nudity commences! (Well, probably.)

Good part. Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 2nd August 2009 8:30pm

This is a sad excuse of a wedding. No best man, no brides maids, no vows of love, cherish, etc. I'm so glad that Neville was able to finally shut Ron up. Legally he was right. Morally he was wrong. I hope they can get that through to him someday. I'm glad Professor is such a good friend to Harry. That helps. The girls certainly know their status. I hope Harry can figure out a way to feel good about this relationship someday. I look forward to more of this story. pms

Crys replied:

Yes, that was a sad excuse for a wedding.   It was supposed to be.   More of a legal "change of status" than anything else.   And Phil tried to make that clear to those of the audience (and readers) who've never witnessed a wizard wedding previously.

Yeah, Ron's attitude is reflecting the pureblood view.   Legally, they're toys.   Morally, they're people, dammit!   Hence Harry's muggle-raised sensibilities colliding with Ron's viewpoint.

I've always liked Flitwick and McG.   Seemed reasonable to make them allies of poor Harry in this situation.

Glad you're enjoying it.

skulLXeon posted a comment on Sunday 2nd August 2009 7:48pm

damn... that... is a very dirty cliff hanger.... except for all i know they could be playing Jenga and its shocked Harry.... XD This fic's been awesome so far.... i'll be looking forward to the update.... XD

Tom Hackwood posted a comment on Sunday 2nd August 2009 3:01pm

This is one of the happier stories I've read recently. I do have one concern and one question though.

My concern is that I'm not seeing any difference between Tracey and Daphne. The way I read this, you could mix the two names up in a blender and no-one will ever know the difference. Can you try to put in some personality quirks or occasionally describe the girls so they become two distinct individuals as opposed to a couple of interchangeable blobs?

My question is, since Daphne and Tracey are chattel, only a step up - if that - from a dining room table, will Harry have the opportunity to have a wife that is not an "object"?

Crys replied:

I have tried to differentiate them.   It becomes more apparent in the next chapter when there is more direct interation.

In public, Tracey is more teasing, Daphne more quiet and reserved.   In private, Daphne is much more affectionate, Tracey more bluntly honest and is just as happy to stay at arm's distance.   However, they both defer to him and are trying to gently teach him the role he has to play.   In that part, they are very similar.

Yes, it's been clearly stated that Harry has the option of marrying a "real" wife later.

rune1806 posted a comment on Sunday 2nd August 2009 5:35am

I am very much enjoying the story, as it is different from most. I like the way you keep up the digs at the wizarding world, I look forward to more.