Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 6:59am

So, does this mean that Traceyn and Daphne can beome proper wives, instead of concubines? Well, that's best case scenario. Whatever happnes, I'm glad they were able to revive Harry. Good old Dean, remembering a defibrilator like the ambos use. Update ASAP, please.

BJH posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 5:27am

and that bit where Tracey grabs the hair clasp that Harry gave her? How does that tie in? It was their chosen mark of bondage right?

Crys replied:

Yep, the hair clasp was their chattel mark.   And it does tie in.

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 5:16am

Good chapter. I like the battle. Thanks for writing W.

Particle_Accelerator posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 5:11am

Interesting. I foresaw Harry dying and releasing the chattel bonds over the last few chapters. I did NOT see Daphne (apparently?) dying. Nice touch using CPR; a nod to Bobmin perhaps? It will be interesting seeing how you wrap this one up (and I'm still looking to see Harry and Hermione get together! :D)

Crys replied:

Congratulations.   You saw something that few others have.

The CPR thing: no, it just seemed reasonable.   I don't remember that Bobmin used it (though several authors have).

Thanks for reading.

BJH posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 4:59am

Hey, if Harry was acknowledged as dead does that release the girls from the bond?

Does it leave them free for the taking since they are not people?

BJH

BJH posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 4:56am

A short chapter but a good one. I liked the concept of telling the story of the battle through the eyes of a third party instead of one of the main participants. Although a lot of folks will harp that you didn't really give us any details of the battle itself.

Hermione's reaction to Daphne, is that an indication that she's dead? And she didn't even get laid! Tsk

BJH

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 4:15am

How do I review such a well concieved and well written cliffie? All I can say is well done. I love it. Waiting for the next chapter will be nerve wracking. Please make it quick.

Quackpotty posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 2:34am

Okay, great chapter. It was quite a bit shorter than the others have been up to this point, but I suppose that with this being the end of Tom, that's understandable. What I don't know about this, though, is what happened to Daphne... Is she dead? It's a little unclear - it looks like Hermione was going to her, realized she was dead and hung her head. Anyhoo, I liked the chapter and EAGERLY await the next one - it's coming v. soon, right? Please?

Crys replied:

Yes, the next chapter is coming soon.   Probably on Friday as the last was so short.

Thanks for reading.

Panaka posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 2:14am

bit short and a bit anti climatic. otherwise ok

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 2:08am

Very interesting chapter, almost a complete reversal from the earlier ones, since this was practically all action and no conversation. I found myself missing that content.

I'm very hopeful that Hermione was wrong and Daphne is still alive, but you don't beat Voldemort and his remaining Death Eaters without taking some casualties of your own.

Looking forward to more.

djo posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 2:01am

This went a little too fast for me, or I have forgotten a couple of things from the former chapters...
I'll belooking forward to the epilogue/next chapter and hopefully understand this blue curse from Voldemort and what happened to Daphne - I just cannot believe she is dead...

Crys replied:

The blue curse wasn't anything in particular.   Just not an AK.

Daphne . . . well, that'll be explained in the next chapter.

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 1:20am

To short for a two week posting.

thumper posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 1:17am

Evil cliff hanger you make it seem like Daphne is dead. Which I truly hope is not the case.

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 12:22am

I have no doubt that Dean will be feted as the greatest healer of all time for simply using a crude magical analogue of a common Muggle medical technique. "Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" after all.

And so it ends... or at least so the first bit ends. The issue of the final disposition of Daphne and Tracey remains to be resolved, of course. At least an epilogue is in the offing, possibly more.

This is a nice and original work, Crys. You have continually done the unexpected and taken this in new directions.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10

KeyTobias5 posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 12:17am

I did like this chapter. The idea you had to look at the battle from another's view was a nice touch. It helped give us a look from the outside in.

I did feel that it was a bit short and rushed though. Compared to the other chapters it felt lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it immensely, especially the cliffie involving Daphne. It's not often that some one is willing to kill off a main character (if that is what happened, I'm personally still clining to foolish hope she lived but...*shrugs*) and I liked the twist. It draws me in more and I want to see how Tracey & Harry will deal with thier mourning and with it being just them.

I understand the battle is short because the focus of the fic is Harry, Tracey & Daphne but maybe you could combine it with some points of view from others? Switch from this person watching to the outside to Death Eater watching from the inside until he dies or something? Like I said comapred to your other chapters it doesn't seem very...full.

Anyways I look forward to reading the next chapter. I've anxious to read the after math. Keep up the great work!

~Toby

Crys replied:

Glad you liked the alternate PoV.   There are already many Harry versus Voldy duel chapters out there.   I didn't see the point of adding another one, so did one from outside the building.

Sorry you felt that was rushed.   The intent was for it to be a short fight, not rushed.

Thanks for reading.

tomandeva posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 12:14am

Did you just do what I think you did? You did, didn't you? And that's why this chapter is so short. Don't worry, I'll say no more.

Oh, now I'm REALLY looking forward to the last installment of this fine story (although if you decided to carry it further, I - and many others - wouldn't mind at all!)

DuxViridis posted a comment on Thursday 8th October 2009 11:06pm

Wait, did you just kill off Daphne? Why can't you kill off some random other character (or Neville, so the ambiguity about Hermione stops)? We like our silly fantasies, damn it!

This was a bit anti-climatic, but good battle scenes are hard to do in general, so eh.

So now go make Daphne have a miraculous recovery, please and thank you!

KenF posted a comment on Thursday 8th October 2009 10:08pm

Should have broken it off right after Dean zapped Harry. Cliffies always get the inmates SO excited.

Good stuff. I've been enjoying this one.

KenF

Crys replied:

Yes, cliffies get the inmates excited, but they also result in death threats against the warden.

Can't leave you all with a cliffy EVERY time.

Thanks for reading.

Stygius posted a comment on Thursday 8th October 2009 10:08pm

crucio(sp?) was used by Dean?

why did hermione walk away from daphne?

and that chapter was WAY to short and completely anti-climatic. did u run out of ideas, or did you just get bored?

Crys replied:

No, Dean did a contact electrocution spell.   A make-shift defibulator.

The spell from Malfoy did so much damage to Daphne that Hermione could see that the other girl was dead.

Sorry you felt it was a short chapter, but it was a short fight.

tomandeva posted a comment on Thursday 8th October 2009 6:30am

I was just re-reading this chapter and realized that there is a minor plot disconnect: When Harry, Tracey, and Daphne go to the MoM, Daphne tells the clerk that her (Great-) Uncle Phil will perform the ceremony. But on the day of the wedding, it's Tracey's uncle who does the honors.

Was Uncle Phil indisposed?

Crys replied:

You are correct.   My bad.   The wedding scene has changed to Elder (Phil) Greengrass.   Thank you for catching that.