Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LordLexx posted a comment on Tuesday 24th December 2019 7:20am

I'm afraid I don't agree with your arguments against Harry's relationships. As little as it may matter. I firmly believe that he should have ended up with Daphne. Just because a story wasn't a romance fic doesn't mean it can't have it in the background or ending. Harry Potter isn't a romance series either and it still had relations in it... despite JKR's inablilby to write it with any talent. Tracy still could have sued for her freedom and Daphne could have (aside from lived) sued for her to be promoted to legal wife status. and all would have been well with the story... Though it remains questionable on the the 'Harry as the Minister for Magic' as a career goal for him. That, throught the series, has been a Hermione thing. I think Harry would make a great proffessor with headmaster as his ultimate goal.

Children-of-Bodom posted a comment on Wednesday 6th November 2019 6:49am

Man, what a disappointing ending to an otherwise interesting story. Not saying he should have ended up with one of the girls, but how you left it? Not sure what drugs you were on if you think this would be a satisfying ending for anybody reading it. I mean, its borderline tragic.

FrozenWave posted a comment on Tuesday 5th November 2019 10:51am

Now I remeber why I hadn't read this story again years ago. This disgustingly depressing ending. What. The. Fuck! The 'epilogue', if you can even call it that, was boring and unsatisfying after the bombshell at the end of chapter 9. Up to the point where Harry 'died' and Daphne sacrificed herself, this story was great. The right amount of humour, seriousness, and darker themes, all thrown together in a balanced way, but then you ruin everything you've built towards, completely scrap the point of the story (the whole chattel situation), and kill off one of three main characters (who conveniently was the one who would've grown to love Harry down the line).

Had you simply kept the Harry temporarily dying so you could have both girls released from being chattel, with Tracey then moving on, but Daphne staying and building an eventual, actual, relationship, I would've given you a full 5 stars rating if I could. Instead you went too far into the dark and to me that completely spoiled any 'happy' ending, sort of like a bad aftertaste.

Araytigre posted a comment on Wednesday 5th June 2019 1:04am

Very Nice! A Very Enjoyable Story to say the least. I was saddened that Daphne had died, but she had kept her promise to watch his back, with her life if necessary. Now the gang are slowly fixing the British Wizarding World. Thank You. TTFN

kyptoalexi55 posted a comment on Sunday 7th April 2019 4:40pm

The ending was crap, but otherwise it was a good story

EdTheBeast posted a comment on Tuesday 8th January 2019 7:50am

Every one should read this story! Now on the A/N at the end. Battle was fine, forget the complainers. The one week later, was a little short. Could have filled in with who died, death eater wise, who was hurt, etc. The epilogue could have said, how long since the week after. It also could have had Harry's "wife" interupt the meeting. To help those you dislike Harry not getting a girl. Ginny or especially Luna would have worked.

NarutosBrat posted a comment on Monday 11th June 2018 2:57pm

I don't see why people are so quick to claim bashing for this, as Ron acted similarly dismissive of things in canon. Okay, so attempting to rape Hermione might not be canon, based on the mindset of some purebloods set by this fic, it's plausible.

NarutosBrat posted a comment on Monday 11th June 2018 8:39am

Damn, I was hoping I'd be wrong about Ron. Like I said in my other review, not exactly surprised it happened.

Seriously, I wonder if Dumbledore knows he bears some of the blame for Snape's actions, what with constantly protecting him. Although, it does make me wonder. Snape tried to force himself onto Tracey without Harry's permission, so wouldn't Harry be able to bring some kind of charges against Snape for theft of property or something.

NarutosBrat posted a comment on Monday 11th June 2018 7:05am

I give Ron maybe three more chapters max before Hermione drops him like a bad habit.

ibskib posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2018 9:19pm

A downer to see that Daphne didn't live, I liked her better than Tracey, and the whole jumping in front of a spell was a bit too cliched. I'm disappointed that Harry didn't end up with anyone, makes him feel too much like some kind of asexual hero trope rather than a real person. Especially with that whole BS about the girls not being able to say yes, because they couldn't say no, it was just stupid.

After all there was no magic enforcing it, so they could in fact say no if they wanted to. Daphne was very obviously willing enough and could have made a good girlfriend if Harry hadn't been struck with author induced stupidity.

ibskib posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2018 8:39pm

In the previous chapter the dark mark was mentioned as an example of ownership, making Snape and the other Deatheaters defacto chattel, something Harry or one of the others should at least have thought of at some point, which they could have thrown in Snape's face.

Sinfield4 posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2018 8:19am

Was a interesting read thanks

Maha1959 posted a comment on Monday 29th January 2018 4:51pm

hello, i discovered your fic when i was reading the author JECONAIS.

i read it in 2 days and i found it beautiful and with the main topic (chattel) very enlightning.

thank you for this. i hopr to hear of you Maha from Paris

Paddybee posted a comment on Sunday 10th December 2017 11:40am

It is so nice to read a fanfic written in competent English, no bad idioms, correct spelling and a logical entertaining plot.

Thank you, I look forward to reading more.

Paddybee

VikingLord posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2017 5:08am

What was Snape doing in the hospital wing? He had no standing there as he'd been removed from the staff. Harry would never have let him stay, neither would have McGonagall nor Flitwick. He has a know grudge with Harry and on more than one occasion tried to harm him, was biased etc. Really a poor choice to include him to my thinking.

ichaos posted a comment on Tuesday 18th July 2017 12:45am

I'm sorry, but I did not like this story. The phrase "no pain, no gain" comes to mind. As usual, Harry faces the pain but this time he doesn't really ebd up with anything to show for it

karry299 posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2016 7:43pm

Ah, i wasted my time on this story. Good to know.

Shezari posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2016 9:16am

just fyi the past tense of drag is dragged, not drug.

sudoapt posted a comment on Sunday 10th January 2016 1:24am

What the f*ck!

Great story...worst ending I have ever seen! Not only does the one girl to show affection and possibly budding love to Harry dies, but the other girl...who gains her freedom wants to stay with an honerable man like Harry...and he's answer is "it would be just too weird"!

What the actual fuck?

Lastly, everyone who has a modicum of knowledge of Harry as a character knows that Harry HATES politics...he would never have become minister of magic...ever!

You may not have wanted a romance story but thats what it was shaping up to be...and it had alot of potential to be a great romance story. This ending was absolutely awful!

Himanshu.99 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd January 2016 12:10pm

I agree with author but still he should have ended up with someone maybe Luna. Anyway it was one of the best story although last two to three chapters felt rushed but its up for author to decide.