Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

smmc1 posted a comment on Sunday 12th August 2007 9:43pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

Wonderful story. Took me a day and a half to finish. It was worth it.

Graup posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 5:02pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

Thanks for the story, it was an enjoyable ride.

I look forward to future stories.

LDA posted a comment on Friday 3rd August 2007 2:02pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

All I can say is FanFuckingTastic story...realistic plotlines, relationships and fights ( the whole harry is suddenly all powerful is good but in this story wouldn't have sat well ) great job!!

GuardianOfLight posted a comment on Tuesday 31st July 2007 3:59am for 48 - Post Voldemort

Wow, I got there in the end, 4 days of solid reading, sometimes I regret my habit of re-reading entire stories when an update comes out, theres quite a difference from reading the 6 new chapters to the whole 48 though I doubt I would have remembered everything from the ones I had already did if I didn't.

Hello Cry's, don't know if you remember me or not, we exchanged several emails back in January when I reviewed chapter 42, I'm just looking back at that now to make sure I don't repeat myself too much.

Right, firstly this fic is excellent, brilliant and its obvious why you were one of the first authors on this site, the stories a work of art.

As i said in my last review, a long 8 months ago, you have a knack of excellently balancing plot, action, comedy, relationships and the political maneuverings.

The idea of the social engagements, the ball and parties etc was brilliant, yours is the first story I have ever seen that in and trust me I have read a lot.

I'm going to have to compliment you again on Shack Junior, some of her comments have had me in hysterics, god I would have love to have heard the explanation of what seduce meant.

Again I will compliment you on the way that Harry picks up magic, its realistically slow as it should be and at the end he didn't all of a sudden have a huge magical advantage over Voldemort.

I admit with my fic I have cheated a bit and used a time turner for him to disappear and then come back as an extremely skilled wizard, I don't have the same patience that you do, I could only provide him with slow training during the summer before my readers got fed up.

Again I compliment you on the major two unexpected events in the story (in my opinion of course)firstly the death of Draco, I doubt many people saw that coming, yet it seamed right for it to happen as every fan fic story like this needs some damage to the good side otherwise it is unrealistic. And the second unexpected event, Harry's refusal of Snape's challenge, I was sure even before Neville one his last match that there would be one more dual after that against Snape and for their not to be was most refreshing.

Oh yes, one more unexpected thing was that Dumbledore never quite seemed to grasp the point that Harry was not under his thumb anymore, this is not criticism and the way you write Dumbledore is great, I though he would accept that he could not control Harry like that and would try to control him as a friend, steering him in the right direction, more like Fudge was doing.

Blimey that was long, I do tend to waffle when I get going don't I.

I appreciate what you were saying about long fics, I have been writing mine for over 2 years now as well, although I only started posting a year and a couple of months ago, and that was purely to make sure that I kept writing.

Again, this fic is brilliant and you are one of the all time gods of fan fiction. I need a little rest after reading this story, its so brilliant it exhausts you, but I intend to try reading The Morning After at least in the coming weeks. Keep up the outstanding work and please never stop writing.

Best Wishes

Adam (GuardianOfLight)

Crys replied:

Thank you for your kind words and for being willing to go through the entire story again.   Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

Laura Shacklebolt was fun to write.   My daughters are around that age.   Between a child's inate naivety and curiosity coupled to Harry's unfamiliarity with handling kids for long periods of time . . .

Seduce: "That's something only grown-ups need to worry about, honey.   Remind me when you're older."

Draco.   Honestly, once I finished pulling him away from Lucius, I realized I didn't have any idea what to do with him.   Then I realized that I'd just built a perfect martyr.

Ah, yes.   Refusing Snape's duel.   The original draft of this chapter had a much uglier ending for our Potions Master.   After my betas talked me out of using the meat grinder on his squishy bits, I decided that the most damaging thing I could do to him was . . . nothing.

Hey, I prefer long reviews :)

*blush*   Thank you for that compliment.   Somehow, I can't see myself as a deity of any ilk.   And I have the mortgage and credit card balances to prove it.

Still, I appreciate the thought.

Thanks for the great review, and glad you enjoyed the story!

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 29th July 2007 4:55pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

Too perfect. This chapter was just too perfect. I love your writing, and this fic has been one of my favourites for some time.

DAMNED posted a comment on Sunday 29th July 2007 11:33am for 48 - Post Voldemort

GOOD STORY WRITE MORE PLZ ANY KIND OF HARRY POTTER PLZ

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Thursday 26th July 2007 12:44am for 48 - Post Voldemort

A nice scribble. Polishing is good and all, but it should not prevent good stories like this from ever coming out.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 25th July 2007 7:42am for 48 - Post Voldemort

It should be noted that just because you've posted the story doesn't make it cast in concrete. You can go back and fix it after you've finished it, unless there's some defect in the UI that FFA provides its users.

Overall, a very good story. I enjoyed it throughout.

loatroll posted a comment on Wednesday 25th July 2007 2:05am for 48 - Post Voldemort

Extremely good stuff! I love the 'Honks' ship so this was perfect to me, I would've liked to see the wedding and the names of the children and stuff like that but this is fine. I look forward to reading other fics you've written.

---
Loatroll

qiaoyech posted a comment on Tuesday 24th July 2007 6:30am for 48 - Post Voldemort

This is the end of the story! I'm impressed! Are you still going to write more fanfics about HP? I'd love to read more of your works :-)

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Monday 23rd July 2007 12:50pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

I'm more than simply greatful for your work, and this story is no exception in this point. I agree with you on the downside of posting in the work story of this calibre, that's what I like about Forums like TFF or DLP (OK tha last one maybe not the most appropriate in this case). There an author can develop his work to full maturity and post it afterwards on 'his' site without missing the feedback. But that's my take on that problem, each on his own taste.
From the depth of my heart: Thanks for the story.

Chris1 posted a comment on Sunday 22nd July 2007 9:41pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

Great story :)

Thanks for sharing it with us

Chris

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 22nd July 2007 8:50pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

I really have enjoyed this story. I love the concept of Godrick Gryffindor coming to meet Harry. This was very well done. I understand that posting as you go has its draw backs but you did very well with it. I look forward to what you choose to write next time. pms

djo posted a comment on Sunday 22nd July 2007 5:50pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

I loved it!!! One of the best Harry/Tonks fics I have read.
Thank you very much!

Mickey posted a comment on Sunday 22nd July 2007 3:31am for 48 - Post Voldemort

Very nice. I particularly liked your take on the obligatory Snape-Harry duel.

I was surprised you had Nim and Harry fly to the U.S rather then Cypress or Monoco (which are considerably closer) or given how traditional the Wizarding world seems apparated to Gretna Green

The Unicorn

Crys replied:

Do Cypress and Monoco allow "marriage on demand" like Vegas?

And never heard of Gretna Green, I'm afraid.

John Fitzgerald posted a comment on Saturday 21st July 2007 8:16pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

I really enjoyed this story. Thanks.

acemasta posted a comment on Saturday 21st July 2007 2:34pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

standing ovation

brad posted a comment on Friday 20th July 2007 10:30pm for 48 - Post Voldemort

Hey, you beat the DH deadline!! Good show. I read this conclusion the night before diving into DH.

I see you delighted in avoiding the cliches in this ultimate chapter. Neville winning the final bout in the first spell exchange. Snape never getting to duel Harry. Harry not wanting to be headmaster (good excuse!). The reason for no new dark lords being the improved magical government and policies, not Harry. Heh.

Two years on this story?! Wow. It was a good fun read, thank you!

Deborahsu posted a comment on Friday 20th July 2007 11:30am for 48 - Post Voldemort

I've been reading this story for more than two years?!?!?! Where did the time go? Despite the things that you would change if you'd written the whole thing before posting, AND despite the fact that my hubby won't read a story until it's been completed, I found it worthwhile waiting for each chapter and going along for the ride.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Friday 20th July 2007 10:46am for 48 - Post Voldemort

Damn, sad to see it done Crys, but you gave this story a ton of heart, it's my fav h-t for sure. Excellent job on the final battle and then the wrap up was excellentespecially the tournament andthe final insult to snape. Great job! Cheers!!!!! Anything in the works?

Crys replied:

Nothing's in the pipe.   I've been clearing decks for DH, knowing that the bunnies I have will be put on hold for a fair time while that gets digested.

I'm not giving up writing.   Just taking a short vacation, so to speak.

Glad you enjoyed the story.