Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Nick5 posted a comment on Sunday 24th September 2006 8:36am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Very good, and I'm wondering how this little play by Harry is going to work out.

gwenstarr posted a comment on Saturday 23rd September 2006 11:44am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

ooh, ooh, ooh!!! you just HAD to end there didn't you!

I love your story! I know I don't review much but I've been around for awhile. Sorry 'bout that! You do a great job! As much as I'm not "against" Dumbledore anymore (since HBP), I like to pretend sometimes that the 6th book never happened and see Dumbledore put in his place.

Keep up the good work!

~gwen

Graup posted a comment on Saturday 23rd September 2006 7:32am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Very much enjoyed your story, and look forward to future chapters.

Thanks for sharing it

DreamHowler posted a comment on Friday 22nd September 2006 1:55am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

I really like this story. It is interesting, it holds my attention, and makes me laugh.

It also clearly shows that the author should be writing their own stuff instead of fan fiction. I look forward to further installments of this story.

Dream Howler
Ruby Quill Archive - A Harry Potter Fan Fiction Archive

Philipe posted a comment on Friday 22nd September 2006 12:33am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Without a doubt, one of your best chapters so far Crys.. Pardon the delay in reading, but i like your story, and wanted to read with time..

Love the voting system, very smart.. The problems that Harry faced, the suprising Neville on thsi chapter (loved this one), and the superb ending, that got me cheering and cursing you.. The cheering because it was really good, and the cursing because now i need to read the next chapter, you evil man.. Hunf ;)

And i agree, there is no such thing as too long :D

P.

Nick posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 5:21am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

I really liked this chapter. Your last was dissapointing because I thought you could have doen so much more with the firing of Rita because you are such a fantastic writer.

I have enjoyed this story except for the drop in standards for last chapter, but you picked it up beautifully for this one and I applaud you.

Thank you again for the update.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 4:51am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

This story is AWESOME!!!! I love it and I can't wait to see the reactions to Harry's last statement as the chapter ended (A quick, wandless spell was cast to remove the glamour, and the third signet ring on Harry's hand came into view. Holding the hand high so all three rings were clearly visible, Harry proclaimed, "The House of Gryffindor votes for Baron Abbott!") does this mean that Baron Abbott is the new minister? this by the way is the way I think that book 6 should have gone, as much as I like Ginny as a character I don't think she really is the perfect match for Harry just because there so polar opposites that its not possible for them stay together, anyways I digress and ramble on, I have some plot bunnies that I'd love to share but do you want them in the review or do you want them via email? anyways do keep up the outstandingly awesome work and update whenever you feel like it, I humbly wait till the next update comes:):):):)

Crys replied:

No, Abbott isn't the minister.   Harry's voice vote isn't official.   But it probably WILL spark a call for another vote.

Go ahead and put the bunnies in a review.   If nothing else, it gives everyone else who reads the reviews (there really ARE some :) a chance to adopt some bunnies, too.

Glad you're enjoying the story.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 1:48am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Great chapter, I liked the way you made the whole procedure for the election and the different interactions. Keep up the awesome work and please update soon.

jimmy posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 1:07am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

sweet!!!!! carnt wait for the next chapter it just keeps gettin better and better, Keep up the good work
thank you

kcgx23 posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 12:53am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Great chapter, I can't wait to read everyones reactions.

brad posted a comment on Wednesday 20th September 2006 7:41pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

"... peace and prosperity that all *proper* witches and wizards deserve". Yeah, right. Guess we know for sure that Ramforth wasn't the best minister for the good guys. Looking forward to see what repercussions result from Harry's bombshell!

Aberbadger posted a comment on Wednesday 20th September 2006 10:12am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Surely Harry should have asked if Baron Munschausen (or was that Ramforth) was a Dee or sympathiser, rather than a Deez...

Jimbocous posted a comment on Wednesday 20th September 2006 3:19am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Well, the gloves are certainly off now. Nice one!

The Resident posted a comment on Wednesday 20th September 2006 3:11am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Dorothy is a pretty smart lady and a fine writer. Her 'Imperious' comment is a good one. As for the rest of the story, 'Very well done'. The voting was interesting and Harry revealing his Griffindor connection not only breaks the tie, but, I'm sure, will bring forth quite a bit of discussion. Keep up the great work.

Sssith posted a comment on Wednesday 20th September 2006 2:51am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Ah...teh evil cliffy. Can't wait to see how Dumbledore reacts to finding out about Harry being the heir of Gryffindor.

Fun chapter. Thanks.

Vera posted a comment on Tuesday 19th September 2006 10:23pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

OK, let me just say that I just finished reading the whole thing, having started yesterday early afternoon, gotten a few hours of sleep and woken up bright an early this morning to finish it. I was fiercely sceptical of this story at first for some reason but now there are no words to describe how brilliant I think it is! I really hope you update soon because anticipation is killing me. The political game you're portraying is amazing and, sadly, very accurate. The only suggestion I would have is for you to include a bit more of H/T time (nothing graphic of course) and maybe reconcile Harry with Ron and Hermione. I can understand your reasons for keeping them out of the spotlight in this story but I have the constant feeling that something's missing throughout the whole story. I definitely think that the kind of bond these three have is not that easily severed. Just a suggestion. Please, please give us more soon!

Faith1 posted a comment on Tuesday 19th September 2006 8:49pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

"According to the ancient rules of the Wizengamot, we are now sealed from communication with the outside for the duration."
-AHA! Popish!

Oh, and the short speeches?I SO wish it wouold be like that in the real world!

OK, the Ramforth guy is getting on my nerves!

Annoyed Dumbledore, mostly, I think.
-ah, sweet satisfaction

One-hundred and forty-four votes were cast. Baron Abbott received seventy-two. Baron Ramforth received seventy-two.
-crap.crapcrapcrap

Holding the hand high so all three rings were clearly visible, Harry proclaimed, "The House of Gryffindor votes for Baron Abbott!"
-oh, good card!

Crys replied:

That's where I got the idea, yeah.   Also folds into the "their record should speak for itself without much further political wrangling" thing.  

Insulate them all from outside influences, and it seems more honest a vote to me . . .

Elleria posted a comment on Tuesday 19th September 2006 6:52pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Love this! Love the way Harry reveals himself as Gryffindor at the end. More soon please!

John Fitzgerald posted a comment on Tuesday 19th September 2006 4:16pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

That was great. Thanks.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 19th September 2006 1:39pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Great chaper, I wonder what is going to happen now that his secret is out.

Thanks For Writing
MPF