Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Monday 18th November 2019 1:12pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Ooof... While I find it very strange that the Chief Warlock would not have a tiebreaker position, it makes sense that if he is a voting member, then his vote would have already been cast. It will be very interesting to see how this accelerates the attack against Harry and his allies. I am sure that Slytherin will be quick to demand moldy to strike, and strike decisively.

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 8:05pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Yes! <happy dance time!>

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 11:10pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Nice ending. The dees must all be going into heart failure. At least I hope so. ;)

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:12am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

love the cliffy.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Thursday 4th January 2007 11:26am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Very nice tie-breaker, and an awesome way for Harry to announce his third title. :-)

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 7th November 2006 8:34am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Very good.

gunny

rm posted a comment on Wednesday 18th October 2006 1:42am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

brilliant story cannot wait for the next update

KyuubiNaru posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 4:18pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

wow, what a cliffy!! awesome! i love this story, really well written! please update, i can't wait for the next chappie!

Aquilara posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 7:02am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Hello!

I started to read your story yesterday and I couldn't get away from it. It is really really great.

But you can't honestly tell me, that that is the end of this chapter?! It is simply not fair to leave us poor readers in the dark like that.

Well yes. I think I said I love your story and I really think the pairing is fantastic. I like it and yours is written good :)

Cheers

Aquilara

Muggleborn182 posted a comment on Friday 6th October 2006 12:07am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Only 2 words can describe that last move. Kick ass.

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 4th October 2006 5:09pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

I was going to say after the last chapter that no chapter can be too long. These two together would just be adequate. The problem with being a good author is that you can not possibly update frequently enough unless you wait and post the whole story.

Claire_D posted a comment on Monday 2nd October 2006 5:22am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

I like all the voting, and Harry's final coup :D

Otritzi posted a comment on Saturday 30th September 2006 11:15am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Nice dramatic finisher. I do so understand that Harry's reluctance to reveal his third vote is warrented, after all, he went to great lengths to hide the third ring, including glamors and other tricks. Although that line at the end was perfectly terrible..."'The House of Griffindor...'"

*Scoffs* Sounds like he's placing a vote as a spokesperson of the Griffindor house at Hogwarts.

ssecca01 posted a comment on Friday 29th September 2006 10:25pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

A cliffhanger! Oh how I hate them! Can not wait for the next part. I had a feeling Harry would be forced into revealing his status as the head of the Gryffindor House in the votes.

elencalima posted a comment on Thursday 28th September 2006 11:10pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Ack! The suspence! XD Continue on! I loce the cliffy!

Brian posted a comment on Thursday 28th September 2006 4:06pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

As far as muggleborns go...well, I think their number is more than 10%. It's probably more like 20-25%. My guess is that 25-30% are pureblood, will the older familes like the Malfoys being about 5-10%. Half-bloods probably comprise most of the population I'd think, especially since the purebloods are dying out.

Know muggleborns:
Terry Boot, Collin Creevy, Dennis Creevy, Kevin Entwhistle, Justin Finch-Fletchley and Hermione Granger.
Known Halfbloods:
Hannah Abbott (depending on where you check she's either muggleborn or a halfblood...must be a halfblood in this story), Susan Bones, Mandy Brocklehurst, Michael Corner, Tracey Davis, Seamus Finnigan, Harry Potter, Dean Thomas (though he might not know it)
Known Purebloods
Lavender Brown, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Daphne Greengrass, Neville Longbottom, Ernie Macmillian, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson, Padma Patil, Parvati Patil, the Weasleys. Millicent Bulstrode and Blaise Zabini are probably purebloods...Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory and Luna Lovegood are probably too.

Crys replied:

> Hannah Abbott (depending on where you check she's either muggleborn or a halfblood...must be a halfblood in this story)

Really?   I just checked the Lexicon, and her page doesn't specify it either way.   Where did you hear her status, one way or another?   The fact that she's a longtime friend of Ernie (a known pureblood)  led me assume she's a pureblood, but I don't know that for sure.

I understand your theory on the numbers.    I agree that  half-bloods or "full-bloods" just have to make up the majority of the population.   The problem is that we don't have a solid number of students, nor the blood-status of more than a handful.  

 With fragmentary data, it's open to all sorts of interpretations.

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Wednesday 27th September 2006 2:59pm for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Thanks for an other nice chapter. Ramforth has the possibilities to prof more than just interesting with his concepts of 'proper' for the magical part of the country. Abbot on the other hand, would do well in putting an extra ordinary amount of thought in the matter of his advisors. It will be intersting to discover just 'who' will hold 'which' position on his team under him as minister.
On the matter of story length, well if an author can do both, short 'To-the-point' and long 'Winding-with-a-red-thread' stories, it's OK IMHO, balance is what life is about.
Thanks again for your work.

.

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 27th September 2006 4:29am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Another chapter, nice to see you're keeping up!

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with this story when it started, but unlike many other stories which lose steam as they go on, this one seems to gain momentum. By now, I look forward to seeing this updated and reading a new chapter of this is like a breath of fresh air. Until next time!


Quizer

ponderous stibbons posted a comment on Tuesday 26th September 2006 8:41am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

Nice dramatic ring revealing!

What is your opinion on the number of muggleborns at Hogwarts? Is Hermione the only bright muggleborn there, or merely the most reputed? (She's my favorite canon character, fwiw)

Crys replied:

I've always kinda thought of the number of muggleborns to be a little less than 10%.   We know several in Gryffindor (Hermione and both Creeveys).   That's three out of forty or so names we know?   Then there's lots of them we DON'T know the status of.   The Slopers and Kirke's of the world.   And that's only in Gryffindor.   Granted, Slytherin is likely to have few, if any, muggle-borns, but even so . . .

No, Hermione's not the only bright muggle-born.   Like any other living group, there's a normal spread.   She's just the brightest one at Hogwarts at the moment.

mike bates posted a comment on Tuesday 26th September 2006 4:57am for 39 - The New Minister Is . . .

great chapter. i can't wait to see what else you have in store on any more chapters.