Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Keldore posted a comment on Tuesday 25th October 2005 11:50am

Great story. Read it start to present just this evening. I like how you played the Godric ghost thing. Powerful, but not absurd and being able to make Harry instantly absurd. I'm eagerly awaiting the next update.

patrik svensson posted a comment on Tuesday 25th October 2005 3:53am

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Dave posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 11:28pm

*amused chuckle*

You waited 16 Chapters to drop this one? I hope it doesn't scare anyone off! Good to see another of my favourite authors tackling Harry/Tonks, though.

Nice gentle start to their relationship here.

Kirk posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 4:04pm

That was funny!

josh posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 12:23pm

Alright, finally got around to reading this story. I must admit that I'm really enjoying it. I can't wait to read more. Hope you update soon. No worries from me about the pairing. Keep up the good work!

stu posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 12:22pm

thank god!! you had me scared for a moment, i thought for sure you were going for ginny (im sure she does to) and i would loose another good story to that god awful ship, i mean really who would want to date molly jr. can not wait till ginny figures out is not her, please make it public, as a small gesture for all the raving she has done in most other stories.

Ronnie posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 11:24am

Running to hide from the H/G crowd? Maybe you should be hiding from G! ^_^;

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 10:16am

excellent story, I'm glad to see that (Apperently) Unlike your co-authors on this site, you are not rushing into the physical aspect of the relationship.

{Shrug}

I'm probably one of the few men left on the planet who is still a virgin by choice (At twenty no less, and despite three VERY tempting offers} and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who feels that relationships built off of physical attration fail most of the time,

Keep up the excellent work!

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 9:08am

the ship i follow is Harry/any girl with a heartbeat, or if they can convincingly do Harry/a female vampire then maybe.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 6:20am

I like Harry/Tonks stories.

You really should have had Harry milk Remus' embarrassment for a bit more. Just pretending to be completely clueless and asking really stupid but embarrassing questions could have continued until he broke down laughing.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 5:57am

Bobmin, while Molly may have objections to Harry dating Tonks because of the fact that the age difference is in the *wrong* direction (Tonks as the older party), she would find Harry dating Ginny FAR more objectionable for other reasons, the primary one being that Harry is (unknown to her, literally) cursed with having to deal with Moldieshorts. If Harry tells Molly the Prophecy, it could very well grind her objections to Tonks to a rather abrupt halt. In a Tom-free world, Harry would likely be less objectionable to Molly; however, Harry is well aware that is NOT the case. With Ginny and Hermione both not available for consideration, unless Harry is basically going to be a priest, the only real choice is Dora Tonks.

Black's Phoenix posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 5:48am

Bravo you fooled me with your letter to Ginny last chapter.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 5:43am

Crys, I am NOT a member of the H/G crowd (I tend to prefer Harry/Tonks or Harry/Hermione, actually), and you DID lead into this with a comment that Tonks herself made in an earlier chapter (the comment was, in fact, made to Harry); still, I can be pleasantly caught by surprise that Harry would actually admit it to Tonks (with some prompting from Remus). And I *definitely* like how Harry managed to catch Tonks by surprise (not only by NOT being Kingsley Shacklebolt, who Tonks was expecting, but surprising her by admitting that the feelings are NOT just hers for him). And I hope that Tonks tells Harry just how far back her interest in him goes. (Tonks' comment to Harry leads ME to think that it could go all the way back to when he was a firstie at Hogwarts, and now I am curious about if it really DOES go back that far.)

Dave Mackey posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 5:12am

Yeah no H/G. Harry can now date any women he wants
with Tonks' metemorph abilities. Another excellant chapter, looking forward to the next one.

Dave

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 4:45am

Good Chapter! Keep up the good work and update again soon.

m4r13 posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 4:31am

yess !!

lol, that was grand. The talk. the most embarassing talk. That was grand. And with Harry eavesdropping it was really the most funny thing. Poor Remus, so alone. No friends (cowards).

Harry and Tonks are touching. Cut couple, and after a lot of H/G reading it's kinda new and in this fanfiction it doesn't bother me.

I'm wondering how there first date outside Godric's house will go. Where Tonks can lead Harry. Somewhere loud like a club or something a little out of character but more romantic ?

Marie *wondering*

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 3:53am

Hmmm... ok a couple of points....

I didn't review the last chapter because it seemed to do nothing to advance the story line at all. And I'm not sure this one does either.

Harry's letter to ginny last chapter was an indication that you were leaning in the direction of a Harry/other than Harry/Ginny. Thats not a problem except that it will probably drive a wedge between the weasleys and Harry. Molly in particular will feel that Tonks is far too old for him.

Harry/Tonks can work, but it usually takes a little maturing on Harry and Tonks' part to make it believeable.

- Bob

Anonymous Reviewer posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 3:43am

I just reread my last review. I didn't mean for it to sound the way it did, sorry. I meant to say that the past stories of "honks" were not that good and with a better author writing one it will be much better. This isn't coming out the way I want. I hope you get what I mean. Note to self - do not write reviews while still hung over.

nonjon posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 3:36am

I absolve you, my son.

There, that wasn't so hard, now was it?

So many of the reasons against Harry dating are because of Harry dating another student, under the roof of, and legal control of their parents. Be they overbearing mothers or dentists. Harry dating Tonks is simply more palatable because she doesn't have the baggage of being a child (or untrained), where at least as far as Harry goes, you're not dating the girl, you're dating her family (optionally including six older brothers).

Course now, some of the playful flirting with Ginny sounds really callous unless Ginny has expressed her open homosexuality with Harry and she and Luna like to explore and learn about new things. Oh yes, I like that mental image.

Fine chapter. Though I'm a bit curious the reasoning for Moony's coming out. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing to bother putting in the story without a plot-driving reason. Trying to think who would love a gay werewolf with no sense of fashion. (Shabby old robes? You can get your rainbow stripes suspended for that.) Sirius and James are out (and appreciated). A werewolf's sense of smell and Snape would never work, even if the werewolf was blind. Dung maybe? Or maybe not. Kingsley's married, Diggory's married, Elphias Doge? Dedalus Diggle? Or maybe he nicknamed the missus 'Bedroom Eye Moody'? I know. Boo on me. Trying to think about old male characters left. Ollivander? Too creepy. Tom, the bartender? Hmm... maybe. Missing teeth could make him popular, and of course access to all the privacy and rooms you want. And if there's a leaky cauldron you know someone somewhere wants to plug it. Yes, double boo on me. Rosmerta has fag hag written all over her. The Weasley's seem a bit pervy, though Bill and Charlie are older than Tonks, and JK put Tonky with Moony (though it was some evil alternate world HBP-Tonky, not the kind sweet OotP-Tonky). Oh! I know! Florean Fortescue! He's already trying to buy Harry's acceptance with ice cream and knowledge, so when he is revealed to be the long time life partner, Harry loves his gay uncle's 'friend' who will come to all future holiday gatherings and serve to only confuse the children as to why Uncle Remus doesn't have a wife.

You're a wily one, Mr. Crys.

Anand posted a comment on Monday 24th October 2005 3:21am

Cool! I'm glad it's Tonks. Just adds to the overall tension that Harry will have with the Order crew. And besides that, it works in your story.