Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 11th February 2006 11:43am

Wow Crys! That was an awesome chapter, I some how missed it, when it originally came in. The angst was very well done and executed, and while not needed it does help make them more human i suppose. Excellent job on the trip to the broomstick and especially harry and draco and ron's whiny blowup. give the boy a tissue! Excellent chapter!

Jarvey posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 6:55pm

Hey, glad to see that you're still updating... keep up the good work.

DarQuing posted a comment on Monday 6th February 2006 3:42pm

Very well written. I personally favor H/G, but all writers are different. :)

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 6th February 2006 12:41pm

Very good.

gunny

patrik svensson posted a comment on Monday 6th February 2006 2:14am

Great story,
keep up the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 5th February 2006 11:35pm

Very good.

gunny

brad posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 10:46pm

The possibility of growing a second brain was interesting, or other things with the nervous system. Eyes in the back of the head, 'battle computer' secondary cerebrums, etc. Much more realistic to keep it limited, I agree (having read what you've said in your group), keeping it restrained to what we've seen in canon.

More and more I appreciate these days that Snape is a complete and utter bastard - particularly realising that, given his legilimency, he would have known that Harry was innocent of being a 'glory hound' and spoilt, etcetera, from day one - but it's hard to believe that there were absolutely no fetters on him at all! I mean, wouldn't a teacher with only a 25% success rate - where only one quarter of his classes were learning things - eventually be reprimanded or evaluated? Maybe it's only the muggle-raised who would have had problems, and I guess they're a small enough percentage for him to get away with it.

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 6:25pm

I loved this! Of course I had to take a study break to read it! Ah well, knowing it will be there the day after doesn't really cross my mind :) especially since half of my concentration would be on the story. Nope, got to read it all, LOL. Magnifico!

Merle Corey posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 4:34pm

The glimpses into Harry's training are interesting. I am a fan of super!Harry, but enjoy the somewhat slower progression that you are using here. Great stuff!

Merle Corey posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 4:23pm

It was a nice touch to give Ginny plausible deniability in terms of the transformations, and seeing Snape digging himself a hole. There is a lot of debate about Snape having feelings for Lily. I don't suppose Harry could find an old journal or something where Lily rants about what a wanker Snape is, and her total disgust with him?

Merle Corey posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 4:05pm

Another very good chapter. I agree with the idea that Hermione and Ron would make a terrible couple, for many of the same reasons stated in the chapter. As for Harry's protectiveness, I think it is over done in a lot of fanfiction. Just before heading off to the the Department of Mysteries, Harry tried to get the others stay behind, but said in the end something along the lines of, "Fine, it's your choice." It happened quickly in the argument, but I think it is a telling part of Harry's character, and I do not think that he is a hypocrite. Cheers!

Merle Corey posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 3:52pm

Another very good chapter. Yah not-a-pushover!Neville. I am still really enjoying the characterizations, and the slow development of the Harry/Tonks relationship.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 3rd February 2006 6:24pm

Excellent, excellent job on the Weasley confrontation. Harry saying what he needed to without blowing his top. Molly is a dear, but I'm glad you had Harry take her to task.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 3rd February 2006 6:05pm

I was wondering why you set the limits that you did with metamorphamagi (plural form?). If a wizard can conjure something, is that not "creating" mass? I enjoyed the Harry - Tonks interaction. I thought that it was quite realistic.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 3rd February 2006 5:58pm

I enjoyed the dialogue where Harry was being quite literal in his interpretation of the questions.

Will Dewey be causing more trouble for Harry?

Crys replied:

Nope. Dewey and his firm (Howe, the previous Black solicitor and an unnamed third partner who was once a business partner of Fudge [I'm sure we can guess the name of this person ;) ]) have effectively been destroyed by the Prophet articles. Oh, they're still alive and free, but as a law firm they're gone.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 3rd February 2006 5:56pm

In a story that I am trying to write, Harry nicknames Tonks Addie. It is not one that I have seen before, but feel free to use it (although it might be a little late in the game to start chaning nicknames...)

I am really enjoying this story. I think your characterizations are brilliant. Must there be a breach between Harry and Hermione (my second favourite character?).

Looking forward to reading the rest.

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 6:42pm

This is a good chapter. I like the interaction with Harry and the different characters. Keep up the good work. I appreciate your efforts with all the other things you are doing. Very clever about who was who at the ball. Thank you for writing.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 5:50am

Hm, I like it. Not very exciting, but still...kinda romantic! Good job!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 4:08am

Interesting chapter. It starts with Frustrated!Harry (over feeling helpless about the DE attacks) but ends with Romantic!Harry (the Moonlight Dinner) with Training!Harry (metamorph and wandless/silent casting) in the middle. We still don't have Andy's report from the ICW meeting. I only got three of the four (I missed on Merlin; I expected that Hedwig was the owl, as Merlin's owl was also a snowy). Is Remus' owl a snowy also? And we also don't know what Remus named his owl.

Crys replied:

We haven't heard anything from the International Confederation of Wizards meeting simply because there's nothing of interest to report. Unless you all WANT to hear about the trade dispute between Russia and Japan's wizarding populations.

Archimedes (at least the historical one) was a snowy? I think I kept from describing the one in the chapter.

Remus's isn't a snowy, nor has he named it.

Jason Karr posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 8:05pm

how many wifes is harry going to have. and if more then one why not Tonks Hermione and ginny