Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Nancy Austin posted a comment on Monday 14th December 2009 1:08pm

Thank you so much for another delightful story.
I understand the pros and cons of posting all at once vs posting chapter by chapter. Personally, I prefer to read stories that are complete. Being older (55), I am beginning to have trouble keeping story lines straight. Waiting for updates only makes it worse because I read other stories in between and wind up having to go back a chapter or two to remember what was going on.
I have a bunny I would love to donate to someone, but I have to discuss it off-line; preferably with a writer who is also a mom.

Simply-Hugs posted a comment on Monday 30th November 2009 1:25pm

Aha! I changed a rank in a guild (WoW) to read "The Grand Poo-bah" as a salute to you and your work :D

Excellent, excellent... ^.^

Crys replied:

*laugh*   Thanks, I'm honored.

SlytherinSlayer21 posted a comment on Wednesday 21st October 2009 4:47pm

amazing story!

Ossama Beverly posted a comment on Tuesday 20th October 2009 11:03am

hi, I'm writing a story now, an HP fan fic. I was working on the metamorph genetics, not indept mind you. But I like the little tidbit that you have about adapting for perspective mates. I was wondering If I could use as part of the metamorph origin/background for my story.

Great story by the way I am enjoying it so far.

Setty posted a comment on Monday 19th October 2009 11:15pm

I really liked it. *grins*

LuffyLaxer posted a comment on Tuesday 15th September 2009 7:55am

very good. interesting making remus gay. oh well it was good to say the very least. 10/10.

Jonez227 posted a comment on Monday 7th September 2009 12:11pm

very excellent i love tonks and she is a good match for harry. you obviously put a great deal of time in this story and should be commended for it. i thank you

Jone-Z

FailGate posted a comment on Thursday 3rd September 2009 1:26am

I was expecting a touch more scepticism when Godric told Harry who he was. I mean sure the wards would prevent evil wizards, but that doesnt equate to said wizard being Godric Gryffindor.
Also after reading your authors note, I am wondering why you did not simply incorporate some if not all your points into the chapter itself. I dont want to read a story in the authors notes, I want to read it in the chapter.
Other than that, I enjoyed the chapter, although it had a very simple 'rags to riches' sort of feel to it. No real depth, just casual exeptance and some world changing (and plot driving) powers.
Still FAR better than most of the other stuff kicking around on the grand 'ol internet though.
So yeah, I liked it.

Harriverse posted a comment on Monday 27th July 2009 12:47pm

Positively perfect!!! What an incredibly intelligent and balanced account of an alternate history.

darksidhe posted a comment on Saturday 11th July 2009 3:21pm

That was good. Thx for not going Super-Harry on us. It would have been easy to do that in this one. All in all, a very good way to waste a Saturday. Thanks!!!

normalguycap posted a comment on Thursday 14th May 2009 3:29am

I have grown to really enjoy this site and HP/Tonks pairings. I did like this story and admire you skill at creating great argumentative dialogue, such as your court scenes. I suppose if I had to be picky I was disappointed in the lack of moments between Harry and Tonks. It doesn't have to be smutty, but I would have expected more romantic things or more kissing between the two. This definitely was a great read that kept me hooked till the end without any big problems in structure or grammar. I would hope in the future you may write more like this one! And your very flirtatious Tonks was just plain fun while still being sensitive! Bravo!

Crys replied:

As I mentioned in the closing notes of the story, there were various things I'd have like to change, but the post-as-I-go method didn't lend itself to revisionist history.   Not enough romantic moments between Harry and Tonks is one of those things.

Glad you enjoyed the story.

Belegrath posted a comment on Tuesday 21st April 2009 7:54am

Masterful best complete storyi have read in a long time

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Sunday 12th April 2009 4:13pm

Good overall. The more Harry Potter fanfiction I read the more common elements I see, which I presume are from the original story that I have yet to read.

I suppose after some thought I see two issues with this story where improvement could have been made. The first, and most obvious, was the raid on Voldemort. It was insane for only those two to do the initial raid by themselves. They should have had at least a couple more. Harry should also have been held back, to a certain extent so as not to exhaust him before he met up with Riddle. Still, it was nice to see the bad guy die at the end for a change.

The second point I see is Tonks herself. She met all the expectations one would expect in a traditional girlfriend and such, but it was not clear to me, why he fell for her, beyond circumstances putting them in the right place at the right time with the right skills.

Still, it was nonetheless a quite enjoyable read and I am certainly glad to have been able to enjoy the story. Good luck with your future writing.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Saturday 28th February 2009 12:19pm

nevr mind, wil just embaras meself, going sleep. night.

Crys replied:

'Night.   Hope you feel okay tomorrow morning.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Saturday 28th February 2009 12:17pm

- i'm drunk so keep that in mind if this review seems,... stupuid.

gonna read next chapter, like this. and review. so, try an keep next review by me as me trying to durnkenly be fnuny. wink.

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 24th February 2009 6:52pm

Hi Crys,
I just finished rereading your fine story. I have read it a pouple of times over the years and it still works for me. Thanks for all the enjoyment. I hope you are working on some more great stories; in any event I wish you the best. Thanks for writing. W.

flammingbutter posted a comment on Sunday 8th February 2009 12:36am

not to be mean but u made harry into a pussy.
no guys act this way that i know im sorry but its the truth. good plot line though just man him up a bit

[-Nox-] posted a comment on Monday 19th January 2009 10:39pm

Just read through this one all in one sitting cause it hooked me that much and I'm impressed. It started off, in my opinion, a little shaky but quickly got a good flow to it and didn't have a dull or pointless moment as far as I'm concerned. The ending hit me like a ton of bricks. Really good story.

Crys replied:

Glad you enjoyed and thank you for letting me know.

el Rey posted a comment on Wednesday 17th December 2008 9:25am

Great story, i only disliked the last 2 chapters to be honest. Harry as the heir of Gryffindor is nothing new but your story certainly is one of the best in its category.

I like the fact that Harry wasn't overly powerful but the fight with Voldemort was kind of anti-climatic. Like in the original Harry Potter series, there was a Deus ex machina but it wasn't worked out that good.

Last Chapter:
I didn't like what you did with snape, you were implying some kind of curse or disease first but nothing really happened. The epilogue might have been better if it were longer but it isn't too bad. i guess i'm a little sad that the story's over.

Armand posted a comment on Tuesday 18th November 2008 10:29am

OK, this is like my 4th time through your story. still love it. i only have one problem with it(always have, but that's because its a bit of personal preference)...who Mione ended up with, to tell you the truth, i actually can't see her ending up with anyone except for Harry...but seeing as this is a Harry/Tonksie story, I'll live, lol.