Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 7:44am

Bugger, I really liked that dream. Excellent beginning. That was such a good ending too. More please.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 7:17am

Cute. I figured it out long before dream!Harry, of course, but that's not really a surprise in this case.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 7:16am

cool

Thomas posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 7:12am

Hey do you think you could make a spin-off of this chapter? Cuz me thinks Harry would be kept very busy repopulating the wizarding world. Could be fun really.

Samantha posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 7:07am

Yes, that could have been a VERY interesting dream. Very Cool! Any chance you'd expand it?
: )

Josh5 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:46am

That's so hilarious! I hope someone continues this story. It has the potential to be exceptional! Harry living every males fantasy. What more could a guy ask for?

Nick5 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:44am

hehehe, cute. More, soon, please.

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:28am

YOU END THERE!?

I was laguhing just before the end knowing where it was going :)

Rick D Gale posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:06am

Oh, that's good! Too bad it's a dream - or was it a preminision?

Harry's probable one of the few people who would view the dream situation that way. And I say good for him! But he shouldn't worry too much. If they uses muggle tech. they can do IV fertilization to all the females they want with minimum 'input' from Harry.

I look forward to the next chapter.

mjc posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:06am

Hmmm...INTEREESTING dream.

lgsimian posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:06am

hope you have plans to continue this story,, want to see if it was just a dream

nonjon posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:01am

Hehe. Certainly setup a nice premise. Feels like one of the simplest little sci-fi plots and reason to turn this into a skinemax-at-night movie. Bow-chicka-bow-bow.

Though I'll admit, in parts, and especially the end it seemed odd. I mean the whole Dream Journal part means we're reading a book not really a fic. So we have 1st person POV, but it's told from an omniscient perspective. Like Harry writing:

Pomfrey's eyes were laughing. "Yes, he is."



It's not Dream!Harry understanding that as much as looking back and writing it in the journal!Harry's ability to recognize these things. I guess it's more if you're going to separate the "dream entries" from the rest of the journal entry clearly like in this one, it doesn't feel right that Dream!Harry's thoughts would see the warning signs.

Either that or armed with the foreknowledge of what Tonks would tell him, journal!Harry might be more self-deprecating of his own (dream!Harry's) naivety.

It's just the Dream!Harry's POV being recounted by journal-writing!Harry's POV seems mixed together into one singular 1st-person POV that is occasionally all-knowing and occasionally oblivious.

Still, content wise a lovely premise here. And a nice outlet for bunnies you want to destroy. (I did the same sort of thing first through discussions with a therapist recounting dreams and then again by creating an infinite number of dimensions for hopping purposes.) I look forward to seeing what other dreams you'll drop on us. I suppose it's not completely wide open though as you're restricted to Harry Potter 1st person. Of course he could dream he's Severus Snape. Maybe trying to impress Percy with his firm, tight cauldron bottom.

I should stop.

Good ficlet. More please.

Crys replied:

I had this discussion with my beta.   He pointed the same thing out.

Yes, the POV is a bastard mix of 1st person and 1st person narrative.   That was intentional.   I was mostly trying to give it a slight sense of unreality (it IS a dream, right?).  

The other dreams may or may not be in similar POV's.   I'll find out when I get there, I guess.

> Maybe trying to impress Percy with his [Snape's] firm, tight cauldron bottom.
> I should stop.

*shudder*   Yes, you should.   Please.

Thanks for reviewing.

mike bates posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:11am

very nice story......i was laughing near the end when harry couldn't figure out that it was HE that had to repopulate the wizarding world :D. great story nonetheless and can't wait for more stories :D

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:11am

Such a nice Voldemort dream. So which witches will he be sharing his journal with? And will they be willing to help him live his dreams?

David Thacker posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:01am

That was great.I saw the part about Harry being the only male to have kids before you got there.

Treck posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:43am

EVIL! EVIL! EVIL!

Damn what are you feeding those bunnies.

Crys replied:

Reviews :)

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:24am

XD An entertaining dream, Harry? More like your personal fantasy come true. I have this odd vision of Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus all being awoken that morning by Harry screaming at the top of his voice: "NO NO NO! DAMN YOU MERLIN! IT CAN'T BE A DREAM! IT CAN'T BEEEEE!!!"

Ah Crys! Thanks for giving me a giggle today. I hope to see more of Harry's wonderful dreams in the future.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10

texasranger_10 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:15am

oh that is to good. i love it. are you going to continue this or is this it. i don't mean that perticular dream but more dreams. of coarse i wouldn't mind seeing his reaction.

Queberjeque posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:13am

I loved it!

Good idea on the dream journal for posting random stories.

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:11am

If you ever do a sequel, you might want to team up with Kinsfire. This seems right up his ... alley? ;)