Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Monday 18th November 2019 3:35pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

"I would trust Severus with my life."... has no bearing on snivies suitability as an educator.

Noble Korhedron posted a comment on Thursday 5th June 2014 8:33pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Hmmm, interesting.

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Thursday 9th June 2011 2:50pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

I just don't know why Harry doesn't let some folks know about dumbledore's trust charm or whatever

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 8:58pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

It makes sense that here should be both a HG and a HB..

Gaelyn posted a comment on Wednesday 27th June 2007 2:15am for 45 - Football and School Boards

Wonderful story so far. I'm looking forward to more!

smog2187 posted a comment on Friday 22nd June 2007 8:08pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Fantastic story, I'm not usually a Ron-hater but I like everything as long as it's believable. The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that I can't finish reading it right now. Keep up the good work!

seku238 posted a comment on Tuesday 19th June 2007 10:19am for 45 - Football and School Boards

Very good fic so far. I especially like the way that Harry unwittingly assumes more and more power within the wizarding world. Please keep on updating.

rado_hp posted a comment on Saturday 16th June 2007 1:17pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

This story is absolutely magnificent! You are an excellent author! I hope that the end is as great as the beginning!

cutecess posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 8:57pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

i liked the angry person bunny a lot, but i think my favourite was the fake-wolfsbane, which has a few possiblities for the future
keep writing!

Neil Glover posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 11:27pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Great story, i look forward to the next chapter

noylj posted a comment on Monday 11th June 2007 1:30pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Yes, replace the idiot. What a useless, linguini-spined group of narcoleptic witches and wizards on the Board. At least it appears to be minus the normal Deeters.
What the WW should do is make DoubleDumb personally responsible for all of Snape's actions, as we only have his senile word that Snape is not a deeter any more.
Personally, I can't see anything in canon, even in book 7, that will give me any respect for DD or Snivellus and I will never be convinced that Snape ever did anything that was not strictly in hes best interest.

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Wednesday 6th June 2007 9:30am for 45 - Football and School Boards

This is a wonderful story. I know real life gets in the way of being able to write - but the story is worth the wait. Keep up the good work!

Jiapa posted a comment on Wednesday 6th June 2007 2:07am for 45 - Football and School Boards

Oh, you are evil evil evil. I've just spent yesterday evening and this morning reading all 45 chapters of Scion of Gryffindor. It's phenomenally well written and a true pleasure. I am enjoying this natural development of a very powerful Harry.

But the cliffhanger.... oh, the cliffhanger...

It looks like you're updating every 1-1.5 months at good times, with gaps of up to four months when Real Life grabs you, which means that I'll have to wait at minimum another month to find out what happens next.

I'll be waiting eagerly, and selfishly hoping that your Real Life is phenomenally boring and leaves you plenty of time to write. Either that, or that you get humongously re-inspired by this story and start churning out chapters the way you did at the beginning. *grin*

Regardless of how long between updates, thank you very much for writing and sharing this delightful story.

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying it, and thank you for the compliments.

As it turns out, the impetuous is actually HP&tDH.   I hope to have this fic done before it comes out.   No promises, but chapter 46 just went to the beta.   I think that's a record for writing the next chapter for me.

As for update speed at the beginning?   Well, the first handful of chapters were written before I moved to Jeconais's code, so I really didn't write that many chapters the first day. ;)

Thanks for the review.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 5th June 2007 1:57pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Outstanding chapter.

gunny

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Saturday 2nd June 2007 12:17pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Ooooh.... now that is a million galleon question. I look forward to reading how Harry will respond. Though a very knowledgable and experienced wizard, I personally feel that Dumbledore makes a horrid headmaster.

He seems to have a serious conflict of interest in holding that post. His presence supposedly makes the school safer, but the students have been in harms way quite frequently over the last several years. His ultimiate goal of defeating Voldemort has led him to making many questionable decisions and his lack of thorough vetting of new employees as well as more intense security measures has led to severe injuries, personal traumas, and one student's death.

For a person to hold such incredible personal and political power to allow such travesties to occur during his tenure would encourage me to remove him from his position... in light of the fact that him leaving Hogwarts may invite attacks agains the school on a grander scale than in the past... perhaps some sort of censure against the Headmaster and the addition of a personal assistant to handle the more mundane aspects of his job... thus freeing him to focus more attention on the security of the school.

A different possibility would be to remove him from the headmaster post... but to employ him as a researcher, tenured professor emiritus, and security specialist. That would give him the freedom he needs to lead the war effort, to increase the security of the school, and to do any necessary scholarly work towards the ending of one Tom Riddle. They could make the change a temporary one, lasting until the end of the current war.

This last option has several advantages in addition to the ones listed above. It would be a good PR move for both him and the school as it would help put the parents minds at ease that such a strong wizard was working so diligently to ensure the safety of their children that he was willing to step down from the coveted position for a time.

Whatever you do, I await your next chapter with great anticipation.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Saturday 2nd June 2007 7:37am for 45 - Football and School Boards

Excellent chapter. And a real cliffy there for poor DD. Hmmmm.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 11:48pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Not sure that's a good idea. Replacing DD is suicidal. Remember, despite the paving of certain roads, DD's intentions are always for the greater good. Although, I admit, he takes a far more Machiavellian approach to the 'greater good' that I approve of. Still, he does mean well, in his bumbling way.

Vongsawat posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 2:59pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

love the fic ^^ especially liked how you dealt with the issue with how some of the populance expect Harry to be some all-powerful super being capable of pulverizing Voldie with a flick of his wrist =) love the fic, waiting for the next update ^^

brad posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 12:51pm for 45 - Football and School Boards

Enjoyable chapter, although I was a bit taken aback to witness Harry with unfastened trousers. I guess I'd forgotten that he and Tonks had progressed (that far!) in their relationship.

I found the Hogwarts board meeting very interesting ... first time I've ever read of a meeting of such in 4 years of perusing fan fiction. Enjoyed the logic of the head boy/girl question and also the observations on Harry's alteration of the points system.

The diatribe against Harry, the expectation for him to 'magically' solve everyone's problems, was also an eye-opener.

You realise you're evil for finishing on that cliffhanger? Okay, it's not a life-or-death cusp, but still I'm awfully curious to hear Harry's answer ... and Dumbledore's reaction! Thanks for the chapter.

Cale posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 7:43am for 45 - Football and School Boards

Replace him

please