Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Tiger posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 4:25am for 43 - Attack on Hogwarts

I do believe that they are described as being able to glide. I dont have my books with me, but can someone check the 3rd book for the description of when Harry had to fight off 100 dementors in the end? Maybe there?

Otherwise great story, I thoroughly enjoy your stories Crys

Treck posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 3:43am for 43 - Attack on Hogwarts

Said Professor Severus Snape, current Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, "I was in the castle during the early stages of the battle, but from what I was told many of my students knew what to do without instruction. The Patronus Charm is very difficult to master. That so many students knew it is a surprise, but a pleasant one in that it proves that I should have had this teaching position long ago."

Yes Professor. For your tireless efforts against the Dementors we are giving you a promotion. you are now in charge of Teaching the dementors to "Play Nice"
____________
Minister Abbott has already begun preparations to move the dementors back to Azkaban, presumably to resume their duties there.

And back to Tom as that is what they feel there duties are. :)

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 3:23am for 43 - Attack on Hogwarts

By George, I think he's finally got it! Quite surprising that Albus used Harry's title rather than his name (unless he was trying to annoy Harry by calling him Lord Gryffindor).

Just like Snape to take credit for the DA's success. What will he do when he's (forcefully, I hope) acquainted to the fact that their competence is not because of his teaching, but rather despite it?

And as for Severus not having reported on Tom's reaction to the battle; it would have been nice if he'd let someone know it was going to happen! If he doesn't know about an attack on Hogwarts by 250 dementors, then what use is he as a spy?! It's not like Tom woke up that day and said, "Wormtail! Take the dementors and attack Hogwarts! Now!" There were at least two teams of deez, and just as canon does not indicate they fly, surely they don't Apparate either; it had to take time to get them to the Forest, especially if they then had to herd them at the students. I can't see the deez being able to be close enough to them to Portkey them either.

Poor Minister Abbott! If he'd known that being elected would mean Harry would occasionally drop by and drop bombshells like this on his desk, would he have accepted the nomination?

Glad to see a new chapter, and keep up the good work!

Crys replied:

AD's reporting to the Founder's Heir rather than Harry Potter in this letter.   Kind of like a 150 year old, long-term CEO reporting to the very young owner.   He has to do it and has to treat the youngster as a superior.   Even when he knows it's a teenager.

Oh, Snape will get his due.   Eventually.

*laugh*   Abbott 's realizing that this job isn't what he thought it was, that's true.

Howard C. Shaw III posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 3:23am for 43 - Attack on Hogwarts

Excellent as usual. As for dementors, I have to agree, I don't recall anything in the book canon that would give them the capacity to fly. However, if they had it, how hard would it have been to conjure a roof for the improvised stone structure?

Certainly at least some proportion of the patroni would have been flying animals that could have prevented a mass vertical exodus.

Howard

Chris1 posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 3:17am for 43 - Attack on Hogwarts

I'd wondered about flying... but it oens't matter anyway. I'll just pretend that they summoned walls on top of the Dementors as well. :D

The letter at the end was a nice touch. But very formal, even for Dumbledore.

Keep up the good work :)

Chris, off to lose himself in Guild Wars again