Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

KingDark posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 7:29am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Good chapter, altough a bit short like you said. I wonder who the new minister of magic will be?...
Keep up the good work!
Kenny

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 7:02am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Well done!

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 5:12am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

good chapter update soon

Sue posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 4:09am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Crys,

Very nice chapter. I have one quick nit-pick.
Now Harry wasn't letting Nim's hand go. He feared she would start hexing if he released her. "Minister, you will NOT speak of her that way again. And if you still want to talk to me, you will do it here."

I think that you are missing part of this sentence. I think that you meant to have Fudge apologize to Tonks in there somewhere.

Other than that, very nice.

Crys replied:

If Fudge recognized that she is a human being with feelings, then he might have apologized.   As he's a self-righteous prick to the nth degree . . .

Thanks for the review.

Jason Karr posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 3:27am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

nice chapter

Sonicdale posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 3:25am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

too long, Crys?
too long?
TUP had massive chapters. Are you comparing that to this? :)
Good work.

Sssith posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 3:11am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

I found the last two chapters to be very enjoyable. It will be interesting to see where the story heads once Harry has gotten everyone that he can lined up behind him.

Thanks.

Alan Johanson posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 3:05am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Dear Author:
Firstly, there is (almost) no such thing as a chapter that is too long.
Secondly, I love your story. Sadly I'm not skilled enough to give you a review that highlights parts good and not so good. All I can do is let you know that your efforts are much appreciated by this reader, whom eagerly awaits every update.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 3:02am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Too bad it couldn't be longer, but at the same time this is a chapter I have been waiting for. Finally Fudge is gone. Now, though, this leaves the problem of who wil replace him. I imagine we will be seeing attempts to take over the ministry from all three sides of this war... it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Resident posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:43am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

All I can say is that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. -veg- Excellent. Keep up the great work and I eagerly await the next chapter.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:43am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

so nice to see the beginning (hopefully just the beginning) of Fudge getting what he deserves. Although insulting Tonks in front of her very powerful fiance should eventually bring him to grovelling in front of the fires of hell.

Thanks for a wonderful read - and if the "rest" should go here, maybe it will be posted sooner????

warm regards

Crys replied:

Fiance?

[turns to look at Harry and Nim] Did you two get engaged and didn't tell me?

Ishtar posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:36am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Please note for future reference: there is no such thing as a chapter that is "too long."

I was mildly surprised that no one noted that a Minister who was under Imperius was perhaps even worse than one who was incompetent. While Imperius may have been accepted as a defense for a criminal act, it should have been taken as absolute cause for dismissal from high office.

Crys replied:

People keep telling me that, Dorothy, but then they also thank me for frequent updates.

On the Imperious thing: You're getting ahead of me.   Wait for the next chapter on that one.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:33am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

hehe. so how many votes for and against were there?

Crys replied:

Something like 98% against Fudge.   The exact number doesn't matter.   None of the relevant figures backed Fudge.

ZanyMuggle posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:29am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Crys,

Now that I've read the chapter, I have to wonder: Why was Fudge lead out in chains? This was strictly a vote of no-confidence, right? It wasn't a criminal hearing for his attack on Harry. It wasn't any other kind of criminal hearing, just a meeting to determine whether or not he should keep his job.

Furthermore, other than the attack on Harry, all the evidence was of things he said, not things he did. As HBP's Stan Shunpike can attest, shooting off one's mouth is often stupid, but rarely illegal. Why didn't anyone ask Gringott's about transferrals from Malfoy and company to Fudge?

Anyway, those were my random thoughts. Loved the chapter.
ZM

Crys replied:

Let's just say that his threats after being voted out got a little out of hand.   Death threats by a private citizen against a member of the Wizengamot?

As for Gringotts, that's confidential information.   Banks CANNOT hand that information out or they'd lose the public trust.   Goblins are probably independent enough that even if they got a court order, it's questionable whether they'd follow it.

Jeff posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:00am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Good Chapter. I like Fudge finally getting his in a controlled legal way. I gotta say though I'm not sure there is such a thing as a chapter that is too long.

ZanyMuggle posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:57am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Crys,

I've only read the A/N, not the chapter. However, when I saw an apology for posting the chapter because of its length, I felt compelled to say: What!?! There's never a need to apologize for posting a chapter! After all, no matter how long the chapter is, we'll want more!

ZM

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:48am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Short, but sweet and too the point. Did the former minister say they'd "rue the day"? No villians seem to say that any more. :-(

Meanwhile, nice use of canon in damning the minster.

Thanks for writing this story. It's still enjoyable.

Tom A.

DJ posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:43am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

Are we getting a DE as Minister? Or maybe Harry? can't wait to see whats next.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:25am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

oh my goodness . . . oh my goodness . . . how much greater than the 2/3 required was the final vote? *gasp* I just realized something else . . . the voldemort supporters of the wisengamot are going to support a more subtle voldemort supoprter for the office of minister aren't they? my but you are a sly one Crys . . .

Keep up the good work

'Mione

Crys replied:

The vote was nearly unanimous.   At this stage, only the most rabidly die-hard Ministry loyalists would still publically side with Fudge-for-Brains.

As for the upcoming vote . . .   *innocent smile*

Chris1 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 1:10am for 38 - The Fall of Fudge

"happy for different reasons"

Now, this will get really political, right? With the post of the minister open, it will come to a political battle between the DE candidate and the others.

And where's the Harry/Tonks? Where's the Harry vs. Voldemort? I'm missing those...

Chris

Crys replied:

Yep, the next chapter is very political.

Tossing some Harry/Tonks into the mix this chapter would've felt awkward.   She'll be around again in a few chapters.

The fight against Voldy is still simmering.   Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the arch-villian.