Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Patches posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 6:23am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

A very good chapter. I am sorry that Draco had to die. Especially after he had "seen the light". It does show Lucius in his true light though. From the description of Lucius he has obviously lost his mind to madness. Hopefully Harry has finally gotten through to Dumbledore about his name and how he is viewed by Harry. I'm glad the Hat was able to clarify Harry's intentions on the points system. It is really good that Snape was stunned and doesn't have any memory of the rest of the discusstion. Thanks for writing. pms

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 5:40am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Great chapter, its to bad that Harry and Draco did not get a chance to really know each other. But I know there will be a plot point to his death. Lucius is going to pay for killing Draco. Will it be Harry or Narcissa to take care of Lucius. Update soon.

MPF

Jadzia7667 posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 4:57am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Brilliant. I look forward to more.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 3:16am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Crap, crap, crap. Draco makes a real estate deal, and, unfortunately, pays cash. Still, I can understand *why* Lucius killed him. (Horribly, the reason actually makes sense; remember, Draco *did* empty the Malfoy vaults on his way out of the family.) I wonder how Pansy (who apparently really *did* love Draco) will take this news. Has Lucius made a triply-tragic mistake in pissing off Harry (and by extension the rest of the Blacks), Pansy, and even, to an extent, Hermione? Also, some things need explaining, such as why Hermione Granger was at the Ravenclaw table. (Yes; I have called Hermione the *Misplaced Ravenclaw* more than once. Howver, she practically *never* sits with the Ravenclaws at Hogwarts, even when Harry hasn't been around.) Ginny's actions, however, need no explanation at all, for she is Absolutely Dead On; Ron was acting like a Typical Gryffindor (and thus put his foot in his mouth again). Molly would have spanked him at least as badly for it.

Crys replied:

Another reviewer pointed out that Pansy should have been recently broken out of Azkaban instead of sitting at Hogwarts, so I modified the text.

 Whether Pansy (wherever she is) really did love Draco is another question entirely.

Hermione's sitting at the Ravenclaw table will be explained in chapter 37.

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 2:46am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

A wonderful chapter!!! I wonder what Alistair found in Harry's mind . . . I look forward to more.

'Mione

Steve Stephan posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 1:57am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

I really am enjoying this story very much. My only complaint is that you do not update it as quickly that I would like. Please continue.

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 12:41am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Another excellent chapter! In a way, I was sorry to see Draco get cashiered in this chapter, so soon after he struck his own blow for individuality. On the other hand, the reality of the situation is that he didn't apply enough security to himself after taking such a drastic step to distance himself from the Dark order, and paid the price for that mistake. I'm sure that you'll get reviews criticizing your decision on the matter, but I personally think you followed a very likely path of action the way you laid it out.

Harry and his team did as good a job as could be expected in the situation, though I am a little surprised that Shack or possibly Tonks didn't attempt anti-Portkey and apparation wards on the inbound move. (Though, if those wards take time, it would make sense, since this was a case where seconds counted.) And even if all the captured individuals were grunts, it at least reduces Voldie's foot soldier count by that many bodies for the moment.

Moving on, I loved the scene with Harry at Hogwarts. Everything you laid out just clicks together like a well-oiled machine. It will be interesting to see if Harry's little declaration in the Great Hall has any useful results with respect to any of the other children of Deez families. And the entire scene in Dumbledore's office was classic confrontation gold. I hope that your Muse is still feeling frisky, I'd love to see another chapter in short order, but as always, make sure it's quality work, and take what time is needed.

Crys replied:

Surprisingly, I haven't received much flak over killing Draco.   I'm glad you agreed with the result, though.

Sorry, but wards take too long to cast in cases like this.

Thanks for the great review.

KLGreen posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 12:21am for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

I liked this story but did you have to kill Draco I guess it is a point in this story is Harry going to have more than ONE LOVE INTERSET in this story.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 11:58pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

It is a rare thing when I am a bit saddened by the death of Draco - of course this is Draco Black, and my sadness is primarily for the head of the Black family, and the uniquely likable Narcissa Black you've created.

This is such a delightful and different fic. You'rr creating whole new chunks of the Potterverse, and doing a fine job of it.

Great work!

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 10:26pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

good chapter update soon

Ken Warner posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 10:20pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

another wonderful,action filled chapter - loved the conversation in the HM's office - any possiblity that they can 'forget' to revive snivelly?

Thanks for sharing

Chris1 posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 9:08pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Woohoo!!

Great chappie :)

Chris

jinx66 posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 8:27pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

you know I think I like your handling of Snape over that of Draco664 in Journeyman Potter. It leaves the "person" (hey its rated teen!) for more bashing!

t_gebhardt posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 7:33pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Weren't Crabbe and Goyle in prison for joining the dark tosser? How did they get out? Will they be part of the wring-anything-useful-out-of-them-and-than-execute-them program?

Crys replied:

Yes they were.   Azkaban was emptied at Christmas, though, remember?   I modified the text a little to mention that they were recently escaped/released.

scott2 posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 7:16pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

would have liked for their to be more about the heir and what they can or have done, otherwise this chapter rocked :)

Vandroza posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 6:29pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Great story, looking forward to seeing where it's going to go, but I'm a little surprised that Hermione hasn't shown up in some way a little more than she has so far in the story.

UdderPD posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 6:22pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Another wonderful chapter.

TTFN UdderPD

Draco664 posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 5:29pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Sweet!

I don't know what it is, but Snape bashing is a true artform to talented writers like yourself. I could read it all day.

Good show, sir.

Oh, and I loved Nim's little 'Me too' at the end there. It's little things like that that you put into a scene that bring it to life.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Lira posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 4:55pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Wow, brilliant chapter! More soon, please! :) I really love this story! Will Dumbledore ever get it?

Crys replied:

He already does get it.   The trouble is that he keeps hoping Harry will forgive him and let him have more influence over Harry's life again.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Thursday 6th July 2006 4:33pm for 35 - Fight at the Leaky Cauldron

Another excellent chapter. I loved the arch of events in this chapter. Not that I liked that Draco was killed, but his death made sense, to some extent. I am normally for the 'kill Draco again and again' stance, but in this fic he had earned a reprieve, and that is what actually percipitated his death, oh the humanity.

I like how you are treating the relationship between Harry, Alistair and Hogwarts. It is a refreshingly full relationship.

Thank you for writing and sharing with us.

Mike (MoA)