Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Manatheron posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 3:11pm for 33 - Christmas Day

Ooohh, sex scene? I'd think that this would feel a bit erm... off... to one or the other of them after the 'Prophet' article, it'd be like proving the paper right, and even if niether of them gives a flying f... um... gives a damn what the paper says it'd still probably feel odd. I had an Idea about magical marraiges and symoblism too, if you want to hear it, e-mail if not... don't. DOn't expect me to have you e-mail addy though, I get returns at funny times from the site server.

Crys replied:

If they well and truly cared what the Prophet and the rest of the wizarding world thought of their relationship, it would probably weird them out to start anything the night such an article appeared.   However, they've both said that they're the only ones who have a vote on the topic, so the rest of the universe can go and f*ck itself.

As to the idea about magical marriages and symbolisms, drop it in the bunnies area of the Forum if you could.   That way anyone can adopt it.

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 12:05pm for 33 - Christmas Day

Nice chapter! I liked Harry's reaction to finding a surprise Tonks in his bed... somehow I don't expect her to try sneaking up on Harry like that again; at least, not until well after the whole Voldemort thing is over and done with for ten years or so. :>

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

Nementh

AzureSky posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 11:38am for 33 - Christmas Day

Nice chapter.

matt posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 11:23am for 33 - Christmas Day

I continue to follow this very lcosely and am always glad to see that you've a new chapter up. As usual, this is a great job, characters are stable, actions predictable etc, and you develop things nicely between H and T.
One small concern is that I believe (and with a Ph.D. in Genetics I'm fairly confident that I'm right), that the base hair and eye colors that you give her are not possible genetically speaking. Of course, one can say that this is magic at work but I would suggest that should you ever do a rewrite, that you make the eyes pale blue. (note, the problem is that pink eyes only occur when no pigmentation is present at all, and black hair requires a lot of it. Albinos have pink eyes and white hair because they produce no melanin at all).
Other than this you've done a great job as usual and i hope that the next chapter is well under way.
Matt

Crys replied:

I'm certainly not going to dispute your genetics knowledge.   My one bio course certainly doesn't compare to a Ph.D!

I wasn't trying to describe an albino, actually.   Something close, perhaps, but not a true albino.

She's something of a genetic fluke.   Being the only Black or Tonks with any metamorph ability, and she's what I'm calling a "true" metamorph?   She's one of those one in a billion mixes that make anyone who knows about it stop and say, "Huh."

Chapter 34 is currently at five pages (about half-way through rough cut).

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 10:42am for 33 - Christmas Day

Ooh, learning together sounds fun. It's all of the practice that is appealing. I liked your description of Tonk's base form. Sometimes I have imagined it more of the Albino look, devoid of pigmentation, but this has more character.

I wonder what Harry and Tonks will do about the Prophet? From your description, I would almost assume that he will do nothing, just let it roll. I guess that I will have to wait for the next installment for a definitive answer.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Crys replied:

I've always thought of her as not quite an albino, but something close to that.   This is the best description I could come up with of my internal picture.

Harry has plans for the Prophet.   It'll be a few chapters down the road, but it'll happen.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 10:21am for 33 - Christmas Day

Everyone who wants to have Harry buy up a majority share of the Prophet, raise your hand!

Great chapter otherwise. Loved Harry's wake-up call.

Crys replied:

*innocent whistling*

Renzo7 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 9:48am for 33 - Christmas Day

awesome work, keep it up

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 9:33am for 33 - Christmas Day

Good work.

ridmania posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 8:45am for 33 - Christmas Day

great chapter!! love your work!!! hope you update soon!!!

Faith1 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 6:48am for 33 - Christmas Day

YAY! LOVED Lily's feelings.. *glomps Merle Corey*

ALSo..... "Mommy, what does seduce mean?"
-cracked up

Matt15 posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 6:18am for 33 - Christmas Day

*sigh* can't you just imagine Ginny pranking someone with socks that bite your feet everytime you took fifteen steps? I can dream!

Crys replied:

Send that idea off to Gred and Forge.   Maybe they'll license the idea off of you :)

DJ posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 5:33am for 33 - Christmas Day

I think that is the first real reaction to having an unexpcted woman in his bed I have ever seen Harry have good job.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 4:46am for 33 - Christmas Day

Very good. Can't wait for more.

gunny

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Thursday 8th June 2006 4:13am for 33 - Christmas Day

A most awesome chapter. well worth the wait. Thank you

'Mione