Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 8:54pm for The Duel

Loved the way this has started out here, and really hope to see more of it later on. Now, I have to say that this Albus is very dissappointing, and is at the full power of blaming the light while trying to maneuver the dark back to that same light. That he was willing to let the girls be given away shows that he's so out of touch with reality that he needs to be taken care of by retirement at the very least. I also feel for Harry and the girls as well, and can imagine the headlines in the Prophet if Neville points it out, and will be curious as to whether any professor will help him this time, or simply let the rest of wizarding Britain take potshots at him like before in the canon. Can't wait to see more of this AU and what all will happen, especially if Ginny pitches a fit, which will have large Molly doing the same.

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 1:17pm for The Duel

This was awesome!!!!
I hope you have plans to continue the story

Crys replied:

Yep, more coming.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Zaxxon posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 10:54am for The Duel

Interesting...

I do hope this is but chapter/part 1 of a longer story.

Crys replied:

Yep, more coming.

Glad you're enjoying it.

mwinter posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 9:33am for The Duel

Good start! keep it coming.

Vilkath posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 7:43am for The Duel

Eh not bad, though sort disapointed how much everyone points out obvious things but does nothing about it. Like Dumbledore, oh he's bad evil and in bed with Snape.. okay move on and ignore it from there.

Plus why should Harry care what others think about the Chatel thing? The school, and wizarding world has loved/hated him almost all his life and nothing he does ever changes matters. If his 'friends' like Ron are acting like that really has no hope changing rest schools mind.

Over all it's a nice start I hope to see continued, it has a few additions and changes from the orginal plot but I truely think future chapters could define this story. Though I do wonder about it some how being 7th year in name.. but acting like 5th, 6th, etc year never happend. Dumbledore is alive, draco in school voldemort still a name people talk about etc.

Crys replied:

Harry doesn't necessarily care what everyone thinks.   Nev and everyone are telling him what they think he should know.   He didn't ask.

AU after 5th year canon.   6th year was quiet, nothing of note happened.

Glad you're enjoying it.

abandonedprofile1 posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 7:29am for The Duel

Wow. Promising start...(or is this just a oneshot?) Liked the duel :)

Crys replied:

More coming.   Not a one-shot.

Glad you're enjoying it.

hpfirecracker posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2009 7:26am for The Duel

A very good start. I just hope Neville is wrong, but I know better. Glad Tracey and Daphene are willing to teach Harry the ins and outs of Pure blood society. Wonder what trouble Dumbledore will cause. Glad to see Flitwick and McGonagale on Harry side. Well written. Thank you for sharing

Pointer posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:53pm for The Duel

Definitely lose points on the social scale for owning slaves...even if its legal.

What would have happened if a girl, say Hermione had challenged and kicked Malfoy's butt?

Crys replied:

Why, then she'd get the chattel.   Everyone keeps calling it a wedding, but it's going to be more of a ceremony to transfer the girls from "people" to "property of Harry".

marcelhm posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:17pm for The Duel

well I'm a big rorsch fan so I knew the original, can only say, like the twist you brought to it and really enjoyed it, curious about your plans on taking this further (well at least I hope you plan on taking it further.. or is it farther)

Crys replied:

Definitely going to be more chapters.   No worries on that.

Thank you for reading.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 8:31pm for The Duel

More would be nice. Story needs to continue and Malfoys and Snapes, at least, need to die or at least lose all honor and respect.

Crys replied:

Your wish is my command.

Well, not really, but more chapters will be coming and Malfoys and Snape will definitely be . . . addressed.

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 5:04pm for The Duel

-whistles-

Nice. very nice even.

I found your explaination of the girls thinking to be understandable, and they themselves to be quite in character. The harry and flitwick bystory was certainly believable, as was Malfoy's abuse of trust. Dumbledor's 'second chances' thing was a bit overplayed however.

I can't help but notice however that the girls have not in fact gotten out of anything. Neither Vincent nor Gregory actually named Draco their champion, nor did either of them agree to the duel in the first place, or rather if they did, you forgot to mention it. Or did draco already duel them for the girls privately?

-Shrugs-

Nitpicking I know, but if you Intend to continue the story (Please!)it's something to keep in mind.

Crys replied:

Crabbe and Goyle didn't object when Draco named himself their champion, so they agreed to it.   The same thing almost occurred again when Snape nearly dueled Harry for the second time through (without Draco even being in the room during the initial stages).

Yes, the story will definitely continue.

Thanks for reading.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 4:24pm for The Duel

Hmmm... Interesting. Is this going to be a long story or a shorter piece?

Good story so far, thanks for sharing it with us.

Crys replied:

This was just the first chapter.

Glad you're enjoying it.

warpwizard posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 3:55pm for The Duel

Decent setup, very standard. Might be interesting to see how it develops.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 3:28pm for The Duel

Hello Crys, Thank you for another interesting story.I have read most of your old postings and while I have not reviewed any of them I do believe that like most of the authors up on FanFic Authors, you are one of the very best and I am thrilled to see this new story taking shape. I eagerly await your nest installment of this story. Respectfully Carol

brad posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 1:15pm for The Duel

I forgot to say - kudos to you for the 'full-blood' thing. I came across the term initially with a story by Dr. T, who differentiated between 'full-blood' and 'pure-blood' just as you have. It makes so much more sense than Harry being called a 'half-blood', or his heritage being equated to that of Seamus, say, or Riddle himself. Good stuff.

E5150 posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 10:23am for The Duel

Interesting read, I'm looking forward to more.

Something tells me they'll all be sharing a bed before long. ;)

Prince Charon posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:29am for The Duel

You're very good at this.

More soon, please.

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:25am for The Duel

This was a nice blend of serious, funny, intelligent, and introspective on the possibilities of the loopholes JKR left all throughout wizarding society!
Good job! (I'm hoping for an epilogue because Neville was right, there WILL be fallout)

Crys replied:

Oh, much more than an epilogue.   This is just the first chapter.

Glad you're enjoying it.

gadriam posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:07am for The Duel

Oooh. This looks promising. I do have a similar outline somewhere among the backup folders but i never made it real.
The outset was brilliant, the interactions between Dumblesnape and the sentient lifeforms was intriguing and I really want to see the conclusion. Did he do the right thing, or is it an elaborate trap? Will he be castigated for it? Will Malfoy retaliate? What will their families say? What will the weather be like?
Do, please do continue.

g

Marketa posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:00am for The Duel

Wow this is a great idea for a story adore the chapter as well, love how Harry;s honor has got him in a tough situation again, but i think Tracy and Daphne could be great for him, can't wait to read more and see how the wedding goes.