Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

HopelessFan posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 5:39am for One Week Later

I can't believe you took even the last bit of possible sex out of it :-p

well written :-)

Ian Drimes posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:58am for One Week Later

Wow, awesome fic. I really enjoyed it. Loved the ending, never saw it coming.

ghanima posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:57am for One Week Later

I really enjoyed this story. Your ideas on the 'wizarding' legal system were most interesting.

I thought about requesting an epilogue but I hope you end this here, with a pleasant twist and a bit to think about.

Overall a highly enjoyable read. Well done.

Crys replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry, but there's another chapter (also very short) coming.   Hopefully it won't detract from the ending that you liked.

Kathleen posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:28am for One Week Later

I am so glad you didn't have them just fall into each othet's arms! But now i must admit I want them to get together!

Crys replied:

*laugh*

You're glad they didn't get together, but now you want them to get together?

That IS what you just said, right? :)

Galadrion posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:28am for One Week Later

And, to War:

I think you're missing the point that Crys was making with this story: the Wizarding world is fundamentally irrational and has internalized prejudice and scapegoating inextricably into their legal and social system. Draco, in canon, has taken potentially lethal action against Harry and his friends. Snape has carried out a campaign of (mental and emotional) torture which is criminal in its own right, not to mantion a complete violation of any sort of professional and educational ethics. Ron has shown himself in the past to be susceptible to this sort of (un)thinking: given the events in this story which led up to the confrontation, Ron could very well react that way, and Molly's first instinct has always been "my family, right or wrong".

No, the story is quite definitely depressing, but it is not inconsistent with the characterizations in canon.

Simon13 posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:19am for One Week Later

I have to admit this totally not how I was expecting this story to keep going two chapters ago. I'm a little upset that you killed off Daphne, but I get it. That was the point, probably.

The trick with Tracey getting her freedom back was a good one and I didn't see it coming.

Altogether you turned what seemed to be evolving into a !Harem-Harry into a decent story, so here's an "'At a Boy!" for you ;).

Crys replied:

Thank you :)

Galadrion posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 4:16am for One Week Later

>.< Ouch. Bit of a downer ending there - although it's perfectly believable. Still, ouch.

Crys replied:

Glad you thought it was believable.   Not a happily ever after ending, that's true.

Thanks for reviewing.

War posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 3:38am for One Week Later

This Story has sucked so much from the start of Chapter 3. What looked to be a very promising story has been a HUGE let Down. Ron tries to rape Hermione and he gets a letter from his mother for the trouble. Draco tries to kill Harry and all he gets for the atemp is a slap on the wrist. Snap tries to rape one of Harry's Girls and not a thing is realy done about. It was like you just did not give a damn about what you were doning with this story. Were you even following a plan or were you just pulling things out of your butt? This story was a MAJOR EPIC FAILURE in my opinion.

Crys replied:

Draco tried to kill Harry multiple times, supported a terrorist, tried to kill multiple others, cast multiple Unforgiveables against innocents and nothing was done to him (or his family fortune).

AD screwed with Harry's life for a decade and a half and Harry names a kid after him.

Snape actively tried to hurt Harry in about a dozen different ways hundreds of times and Harry names a kid after him.

The only truly and utterly faithful characters: Hedwig died and Hermione marries a red-headed idiot.   Dobby, arguably another faithful friend, died.   Harry ends up with a stalker fan-girl.  

JKR didn't even try to punish many of the "bad guys" nor reward the "good guys".

Is the Harry Potter series of novels by JKR also a major epic failure?

Before you rant at me, there is another chapter.   Several characters' fates get mentioned.

tony s posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 3:23am for One Week Later

I hate to say this....but now i'm extremely lost. what the hell just happened?

Crys replied:

Voldy died, Harry won and survived, Tracey is free.   The opted not to pursue a relationship.

'Kay, a bit terse, but that's the gist of it.

KrzaQ posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 2:56am for One Week Later

I didn't like that chapter. I generally hate bad endings, so I guess this isn't a surprise.

Crys replied:

Sorry you didn't like it, but I don't see that as a "bad" ending.   Harry's free of Voldy & Tracey is free of Harry.

More importantly, though, I thought that was an honest ending.

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 2:30am for One Week Later

This is/was a great story. IWould love to see where it goes from here. I liked the way that Tracy came to Harry and his reaction was not unexpected even though you could tell that he was feeling her throughout the story but he wanted it to be real. Please if you have the time continue this story or write a sequel. I'm sure there are others like me that appreciate good writing in this world and ours.

DJ posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 2:20am for One Week Later

A bit of an odd end, is that the end? I feal a bit sad for Harry, however this was a good fic thanks for writting.

Jamey posted a comment on Friday 16th October 2009 2:19am for One Week Later

WHOAH!

Ok, more reasoned review later, once I wrap my head around this. Just...

WHOAH!!!!!!

Crys replied:

Was that a good "whoa!" or a bad "whoa!"?