Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 4:52am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Excellent chapter. I like Harry's response at the beginning. What you didn't show was Dumbledore taking the oath in front of the board, which is what he would probably need to do. I don't fault this, however, because I know as well as any that you can't show everything.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 4:27am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Well done, Harry. And I'm always glad to see Pansy get some comeuppance! Thanks for the updated, Crys.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 1:32am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Nice battle and aftermath. I didn't consider last month's a real cliffhanger -- no one's life was in danger.

One problem -- it took a long time for _me_ to realize that those were death eaters portkeying in. Since you didn't describe them, or say that they were, I assumed that they weren't, and thought they might be some sort of anti-werewolf group (go figure). But that could just be clueless me.

Thanks for writing this. Seems to be moving towards the final confrontation.

Tom A.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 11:02pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Excellent part here, with equal parts action, and surprisingly for me, a bit of sadness, as some of the students seem to not now what they're getting into at all, at least until now. Feel a bit sorry for Pansy, she'll be lucky to survive as a functioning person before all is said and done, and will be looking forward to what happens next, and how Tonks will react when Harry says that he's making his play.

Lady Metheglyn posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 2:00pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Did you just cross-over with NCIS? It certainly sounded like it... :-)

Anyway, I have been following this story for months and enjoy it greatly. Keep up the good work!

Crys replied:

Crossover?   Naw.   Just a tip of the hat to Bellisario.

Glad you're enjoying.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 1:09pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

Charles Slone posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 7:37am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

ohhh so we're getting closer to the final battle i hope, creay chapter Crys

igotbannedfroma2k posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 7:11am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

That's almost as bad as a cliffie!!!
Not fair!
~BAnned

smog2187 posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 6:57am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

I came across this story a few weeks ago and must admit that it's far better written than a lot of other stuff out there. Seems like things might be coming to a close soon, I guess all good things must come to an end. Cheers

IndigoCat posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 5:13am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Loved the chapter. Got a kick out of the NCIS cameo.

Crys replied:

Yeah, I needed an auror investigative team and . . .   Well, why not?

Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Bellisario as much as anything.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 4:52am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Tom, apparently every version of you keeps forgetting one thing about Harry Potter: pissing him off only makes him even more determined to end your miserable half-life. While he doesn't have the brains of Hermione Granger, he is capable of more sorts of casting than any other living wizard. *Including Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.* You feared Dumbledore (and still do, enough not to want to face him straight up); Harry is,if anything, a much tougher challenge. Unfortunately for you, he's *highly motivated* now.

Crys replied:

Almost killing Remus, holding a wand to Laura's head . . .

Yeah, I'd say Harry is a bit horked off right now.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 2:45am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Excellent development, and I hope we get to see Tom's reaction to Harry's message

"T"

Crys replied:

Secondhand, but yes we get to see Tom's reaction.

cutecess posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 1:42am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

good compromise, i never thought of that. is he now incapable of doing anything non-headmaster related? and non-for the school's good related?

Crys replied:

Yes, he's still allowed to run the Order as he sees fit.   It's only on the things that affect the students directly (in his headmaster position) that the Heads and board will keep track of.

If he does something that isn't for the school's good (which the leader of the Order may well have to do), then he recognizes that he'll lose the Headmaster position.

It's a crappy situation, but someone has to be looking out for the students.   Snape's blatant actions for the past decade and a half are proof enough of that.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 1:07am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

excellent and enjoyable chapter - Although I did notice that Dumbledore did finesse the board, he agreed grudgingly to the supervision but never actually made the oath - a plot point for future usage???

the whole battle scene and debriefing was great - compassion shown, proof that the deez were out numbered and outgunned, more compassion, and finally steely resolve.

thanks so much for another installment
warmest regards

Crys replied:

No magical oath.   That wasn't Harry's real intention.   Instead it was more like, "Promise that you will . . ." kinda thing.

Glad you're enjoying.

James Barber posted a comment on Sunday 1st July 2007 12:56am for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

ole pansy better watch out before those sheep catch her and give her the kiss!

P.S. I've said it before (other places and stories) and I'll say it again: Who in there right mind would ever want to follow some maniac that routinally tortures them just for power that if you really ask anyone of his followers they have never gotten. I should be quite obvious that ole moldieshorts will never share or hand out power to any of his followers!

Crys replied:

Nobody ever claimed the deez were sane.

Look at Malfoy and tell me that this guy has his head screwed on straight.   Or Bellatrix.   Or Wormtail.   Or Greyback.   Or Macnair.   Or . . .

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Saturday 30th June 2007 10:08pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Fascinating chapter. Using kids shows Voldies desperation and Harry rightly fears what that means in terms of indiscriminate deaths.

I can't wait to see their two plans clash in the final conflict.

Cheers!

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 30th June 2007 7:28pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

A fab and totally entertaining chapter.
You do great fight scenes, and the rest of the meeting with the School Board was really good too.
Looking forward to the next update.

Crys replied:

Wish I could take complete credit for the fight scenes, but my betas are really good about including the fine touches that make it more believable.

Glad you're enjoying it.

gadriam posted a comment on Saturday 30th June 2007 7:09pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Thanx. I must say that the way the governors chose to handle Fumbledore was the best option available. And the one with the most opportunities to fail, since an oath like that is interpreted by the maker, not the instigators. Now i'd like to see something i've never seen in a fanfic; Harry get his butt kicked in a Great Big Confrontation. You know, getting tossed around like a doll, until he is rescued by Pansy who's vibrator is out of batteries or something. How's that for The Power He Knows Not? Hmm, maybe i should toss that idea to Nonjon instead. It's right up his alley. This Harry is getting a bit too cocky. Everything works out for him. I don't think he believes what he told Smythe in the last chapter. He needs his ass handed to him, with a green and silver ribbon.
Or it could be that the whole Voldemort thing is just a PR-ploy for Tom Riddle, near-squib but FX-genius. Ain't that a kick in the head?
g
(in a silly mood)

Crys replied:

> by Pansy who's vibrator is out of batteries

*blink* *laugh*

Okay, now THAT is something I've never seen used!

Oh, and Harry regularly has his ass handed to him with a green and silver ribbon.   Nim is his duelling instructor :)   Seriously, he knows he isn't the best duellist in the world.   His plans will take that into account.

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Saturday 30th June 2007 5:58pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Final Battle Looming? Well hopefully it won't come on to soon

Mickey posted a comment on Saturday 30th June 2007 4:27pm for 46 - Fight in the Three Broomsticks

Very nice chapter. I liked the description of the fight and the consequences - particularly the fact that you have Harry reacting in a realistic way to what he did in the battle.

One thing, you are aware that the oath the Headmaster swore won't make him change his behavior at all? After all it's in the students best intrests that Tom is defeated so anything he does for that purpose is in their best intrest.

Crys replied:

My beta pointed out the same thing.

I agree that AD could twist the interpretation to fit and not change his actions, but if nothing else he's being put on official notice that the school board and Lord Gryffindor want him to change his ways.

"I'm giving you some rope.   Whether you build a bridge or hang yourself with it is up to you."