Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Sunday 17th November 2019 6:57pm for 32 - Yule Ball

I have to admit that the idea of a Matcher is somewhat compelling as a concept for magical abilities. A woman who never smiles and wears an enormous dead vulture on her head, however, does not match the image of the person fitting that magical ability lol Still no Lunacy... You keep on having gatherings of young magical people, including twice at Hoggies, and you keep on snubbing the favoritest witch. This saddens me :-(

Seraphy posted a comment on Saturday 26th October 2019 6:16pm for 32 - Yule Ball

It irks me that this Harry blushes so easily and often. That combined with his temper tantrums after bad press in the prophet and his "expression darkens" (getting irritated) for minor reasons, altogether suggest that he's just a kid playing at being an adult. For all his vaunted maturity, we don't see much of it. Especially regarding his relationship with Tonks.

Last Harper posted a comment on Friday 22nd March 2019 10:49pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Just as an aside , it's not a ball without dancing.

myrthe1203 posted a comment on Thursday 24th July 2014 2:45pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Thank you for throwing me back into History Class through the Trading Company. :-). I had a horrible teacher - treated me much like Snape treats Harry, actually. (I never made the comparison until now, but it's really very fitting) She somehow got it into her head that I was walking on crutches, and later sitting in a wheelchair, for the attention. Although I don't think she ever graded me unfairly, she did put some red-inked comments on my tests that had nothing to do with the test and everything to do with what she thought of me. And that was aside from the remarks in the class and comments in the hallways.

I never forget the look on her face when I told here the doctors were forcing me to have my leg amputated (through threatening to have the court declare me unable to make decisions regarding my own health if I wouldn't consent, as well as having my parents declared unfit guardians if they wouldn't consent. The doctor was very nice, in that he immediately started threatening even before I'd actually had time to process what he was telling me) because it was quite literally killing me. I don't think I've seen her again post-surgery, which is a pity. I'd like to show her how very much attention-seeking I am nowadays, because most people who don't know it don't even spot anything off with my walking. :-) Perhaps she'll be at my sister's graduation ceremony next year...

KingDarius posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2011 2:29pm for 32 - Yule Ball

i clicked on your link at the end of the chapter out of boredom and was lead to not one, but two different ads, not the picture supposed to be there. as soon as i closed the first, the second opened itself. i would suggest removing the link. as i found the experience VERY irritating. good story so far overall though.

Crys replied:

Thank you for letting me know. Link removed.

Glad you're enjoying the story.

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 7:00pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Most excellent!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 8:27pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Bob Alyxand? Nice nod to Bobmin. I like them too. ;)

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:54am for 32 - Yule Ball

good chapter

Dragen posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 3:41am for 32 - Yule Ball

Great chapter, and a good idea for work for the werewolves... it would be great thing

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 10:13pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Another excellent chapter C! I like the talk with Patils and the Abbotts. Great job on the varrious teasing between harry and tonks in the beginning and the middle. Excellent dialogue and great plot/social points. Interesting bit with the wolves... Cheerio!

insertparagraph posted a comment on Tuesday 30th May 2006 6:41am for 32 - Yule Ball

I've been enjoying this story for a while; I'm sorry for not reviewing more frequently but I haven't had anything interesting to say until now.

It occurs to me that "inconsistent time frames" is not quite accurate where werewolves are concerned. After all, they ALL are more or less unavailable the same five to seven days out of every twenty-eight. For magical botany etc., those five to seven days may be crucial for harvesting or treatment of plants or ingredients.

Accordingly, I suspect that using werewolves for contract labor may reduce costs (and therefore retail prices) for certain kinds of ingredients, but might cause a price spike for other ingredients, as those ingredients suddenly become items which require specialized labor. Appropriately planned speculative ventures on Harry's part could yield significant economic (and strategic, depending on the ingredients in question) benefits.

Crys replied:

The "inconsistent time frames" line was referring to the companies doing the hiring, not the laborers.   Basically, some company needs three workers for 2 weeks and four for 6 weeks, nobody for seven weeks, then five for 3 weeks, etc.

Interesting idea to influence the prices of various products/services like that.   I can see how he could depress prices easily, but not how he could increase value of much of anything in a way that would benefit him at all.

Anyway, thanks for the review!

Jenn Sroc posted a comment on Monday 29th May 2006 2:08pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Fantastic story!! I love the interaction with Tonks and Harry. It is refreshing to not have them jumping in bed together right out of the gate. I hope you update soon!!!!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 26th May 2006 9:37pm for 32 - Yule Ball

I like the idea of a contractor (body-broker, basically) employing only regulated creatures. I wonder how *Remus Lupin* would feel about running it. (No, I'm not kidding; Remus Lupin makes sense for several reasons, not the least of which is his being a werewolf himself.) Then Remus could hire (don't laugh) *Neville Longbottom* to teach interested werewolves botany/herbology. In fact, there could be *advantages* to hiring lycanthropic herbologists in some cases. In other words, *profitable philanthropy*.

justme posted a comment on Tuesday 9th May 2006 11:23am for 32 - Yule Ball

I'm really enjoying the way this one is turning out.
Harry using the combined financial might of the Potter and Black Families to create a business coalition to quietly organize the Wizarding world in an attempt to undermine, harass, and eliminate support for the Voldemort, while at the same time using the political connections and support to curtail Voldie's influence in the Wizengamot and capture or eliminate as many Death Eaters as possilbe.
Potter & Black Inc.?
Harry Unlimited?
Lightside Enterprises?
The Black Watch?
No... I got it... The Magic Consortium: Improving the Lives of All Magical Beings.

Crys replied:

Hmm.   Those are some interesting names.   I'll have to think about that.

Faith1 posted a comment on Tuesday 9th May 2006 8:01am for 32 - Yule Ball

YAY!! Another chapter!! YES! I love how Harry's starting to get embroiled in more business stuff, but can we PLEASE get some more Metamorphagus and Animagus training stuff soon? *puppy dog eyes*

-Faith

Highschool Nerd posted a comment on Monday 8th May 2006 10:17am for 32 - Yule Ball

I loved the chapter! :) Update soon! :)

Shadow High Angel posted a comment on Sunday 7th May 2006 7:45am for 32 - Yule Ball

Great chapter, I have been waiting hoping a new chapter would come along, love the flirting between Harry and Tonks.

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 10:08pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Another fine, well written, well edited chapter. I think that all of the chapter was well handled and believable (as believable as any fictional story can be -grin-). The dialog, the descriptions, everything added to make a coherent whole and a very enjoyable read and a nice addition to an already wonderful story. Keep up the great work and, please, update soon.

Rictor posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 6:44pm for 32 - Yule Ball

I love the story, and i have a plot bunny for you. As most (if not all) of Voldemort's Supporters are pure-blood supremicists, Harry could have an article published detailing the fact that Tom Riddle is a half-blood. It might lose Voldemort at least a few of his supporters.

Crys replied:

Harry DID write such a letter.   See the end of chapter 20 and the beginning of 21.  

vertru posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 12:04pm for 32 - Yule Ball

Another excellent installment, Crys. I've been quite enjoying this story as it progresses, and think this is the most unique ways of separating Harry from the master manipulator that I've yet seen. All of your characters seem to come full blown from the 'pages' and have a three dimensional feel, which is sorely lacking in so many stories. I predict this to fall among the greats of HP fanfiction.

Vern