Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Sunday 17th November 2019 5:26pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Nice! Having someone speak up for the werewolves from a personal perspective is reasonable, but of course they would have to be given the opportunity.

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 6:37pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

I think that not having to report would be better but ...

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:16am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

good chapter

Dragen posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 2:41am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

What a great chapter, I can't wait to see what happens, I hope that harry can do somrthing and help werewolves find work. Keep up the good work.

noylj posted a comment on Friday 9th June 2006 9:34am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Is this kid sixteen or not? Cuddling should feel so good that he would do it frequently. However, since I have not been abused, I could be wrong.

hholidays posted a comment on Friday 14th April 2006 3:49pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Great story thus far. A few chapters back, it seems like the story shifted and lost a bit of constinuity. In the early chapters Amelia Bones did not like Albus Dumbledore and was angry at the order. Suddenly she is an 'order associate?'

Susan Bones was also supposed to be dead, but then you refer to her in the present tense.

In this chapter, I find it highly unlikely that in a room full of Wizards, a Werewolf law like you described would pass with only two or three objections. This is one of the biggest racist issues in Wizarding society.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 12th March 2006 4:28pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Very good.

gunny

Aurilia posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 9:51pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Smegging wonderful.

Crys replied:

Is that even a real word?

Dan posted a comment on Saturday 25th February 2006 7:05pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

I like this fic so far and am eager for the next chapter.

Katherine posted a comment on Saturday 18th February 2006 12:31pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Is their any chance that Harry can hire all werewolves that don't have a job and would like one? Like opening his own shop to sell such things like those communication crystals? This could be much like a department store. It would sell many different things. Would Harry be willing to sell Basilisk parts? Would Neville be willing to grow plants that he is willing to sell? This shop would give werewolves a job. Things werewolves can make, grow and put together themselves too sell.

Crys replied:

Interesting ideas, Katherine, but I've something else in mind already.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 3:05pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

It is interesting to see Harry taking a place in the wizarding world beyond that of a student. Also, more Neville, and less Ron. That is the start of a good chapter in my books. Write faster!

Bree Peeler posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 10:56am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

So, is anyone ever going to murder Fudge or Dumbledore??? Because that would be really nice... Fudge is being himself, whereas Dumbledore is being a right pain in the arse! Kill them both off! Or at least redeem Dumbledore... One of the two...

Crys replied:

Why murder Fudge? Public disgrace is so much more satisfying . . . Not to mention legal.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:11pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

What, Harry thanks Draco for *abstaining* on the werewolf vote? Gee, it's easy to make a friend with Harry Potter. Or else I just don't get it.

I'm pretty peeved with Harry in this chapter, making himself look good in Marcus Abbott's eyes.

"Six of you stopped a dozen of them?" Marcus asked.
"Yes, sir", Harry said firmly.

Bull. The kids barely held them off, if that; they mainly were occupied in running away. "I just did what had to be done". Bleh. They would have all been captured/killed if Dumbledore and co. hadn't come to the rescue. Harry led his mates into a deadly trap; Ginny was threatened with torture; Hermione almost died; it was a disaster, a catostrophe, the kids running from one predicament into another. So, boo-hoo to Harry for 'firmly' telling Abbott that they 'stopped' the DEs, or 'did' anything. Abbott admits he doesn't know what really happened that night, and Harry's putting some awful spin on it with his few sentences here. What about "no, sir, it was a big mess, and we were losing until Dumbledore came to the rescue; it was the biggest mistake of my life and cost an innocent man his life"?

Neville was, indeed, a hero that night, fighting on when he was hurt and crucio'ed. They were ALL heroes, all coming to help save Sirius. But I don't think they displayed any particularly superior prowess in that fight, other than being excellent bait to bring Voldemort out of hiding.

Interesting how you've elaborated on the functioning of the Wizarding World.

Crys replied:

Harry thanked Draco for 1) voting AGAINST the Order of the Griffon for the so-called Ministry Six (like Harry himself did) and 2) NOT voting against the werewolves. Considering the Malfoy historical views on "Dark Creatures", Draco abstaining was downright positive.

You're right about the fight. What Harry told Abbott was done for two reasons: getting the truth out and trying to make Neville look good. Harry continually downplays his own role in these things, but he also makes the others with him look to be the heroes. He wasn't trying to make HIMSELF look good, but rather the five others.

He was in a quandry. He wanted them to get the recognition for what they did, but didn't want them to get the bad side of the publicity. He didn't do it in a very good way (as evidenced by AD cheerfully giving out the names). But the poor kid IS only sixteen and playing in the political arena, an area he's painfully unfamiliar with.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 9:16am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

OUCH! Harry and the remainder of the Ministry Crew are *mousetrapped* by Dumbledore and McGonagall! However, Harry then turns around and does the same thing to Minister Fudge by getting amendments to the Werewolf Registration Act passed.

The Resident posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 2:18am for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Another nice chapter. Harry isn't very happy about his noteriety (sp), but is taking his responsibilities as Lord-Baron Potter seriously. Good for him. Keep up the Good Work.

Patches posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 9:54pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

This was a good chapter. I am sure some things will grow from these details. I look forward to your next chapter. Thank you for writing.
pms

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 8:11pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

good chapter, update soon

ridmania posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 5:37pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

good stuff

Alex00 posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 2:33pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

awsome chapter

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 2:07pm for 29 - Wizengamot Meeting

Ch.29 - - Now I am caught up. This is such a compellling tale.

The politcal Harry Potter like I've never seen before.

Amazing work.