Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jason Karr posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 8:05pm for 28 - A Day of Training

how many wifes is harry going to have. and if more then one why not Tonks Hermione and ginny

Lufio posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 4:01pm for 28 - A Day of Training

--,-'{@

You added limits
To metamorphmagi skills.
Kudos to you, sir.

- The Masked Lurker

Prince Charon posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 3:18pm for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice. Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

Alex00 posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 3:14pm for 28 - A Day of Training

great chapter

reimanr06 posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:34pm for 28 - A Day of Training

I'm not really sure what you mean by "nerve function." Pretty much all nerves work in the same way. Smell and taste are pretty much the same thing, and they have to do with the different receptors and receptor proteins. The nerves just carry the signals to the brain. Of course, different configurations or problems with the nerves in the brain can cause different sensations. Night vision is a product of having a certain number of rod and cone cells in your retina.
Actually, now that I think about it, these things dont really change any of the outcomes of your story, but they give a better explanation of why Harry cant change certain things

Goddessa posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 12:37pm for 28 - A Day of Training

This is really cute, although I was pissed when it wasn't H/G, but you avoided that becoming awkward perfectly fine so now I'm not pissed about it anymore. ALthough, you gotta decide what you're going to hook up with Ginny, and what about Luna?

AlastorM posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 11:44am for 28 - A Day of Training

Question: Why do you limit the abilities of morphing? As an Animagus McG becoms a cat, the not so petit Rita a bug. This shows that simple physical laws are no limmits in the world of JKR: They loss mass during the transformation. James even gains mass to become Prongs. And all without a burst of Energie (E=mc ²). So what is your reason?

Crys replied:

I'm trying to keep it from becoming a super-power. If Harry could become a giant's giant, then all the DEs wouldn't matter. He'd mow 'em down. Or if he could become two inches tall then he'd become a unbeatable spy.

As far as the animagus goes, they BECOME the animal. As a cat, McG can't cast spells. She's a cat, not a witch.

A skill like this needs to have limits, else the gimmick is what drives the story rather than characterizations and plot driving the story.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 11:09am for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice quiet chapter, giving all a chance to rest up and train up abilities and such before the next problem comes rolling down the tracks.

Regress posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 8:53am for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice date setting, loved the questions about the Metamorphic abilities, considering they are questions that I myself have. I think you did forget to mention things like the elasticity of skin (IE. wrinkles) but that's a minor point. Of course the fact that he could potential effect the amount of muscle mass he has naturally would be huge, could he also effect tone and endurance of his muscle tissue? Or was it just shape as in moving what muscle he has around? It wasn't really clarified all that well. Oh well, just my random curiosity.

Nice chappie for moving the story along and show him learning things without dragging it out so we can get to the good exciting stuff. Keep up the good work.

The Resident posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 8:34am for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice piece. I liked the 'reagent table' entry as another strike against SS. Though short, the chapter is informative and shows more HONKS interaction. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Wayne Price posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 6:14am for 28 - A Day of Training

Hi Tim! Hi Abraxan!

I like the reagent table. Reminds me of the periodic chart. the world makes more sense when Snape is a bastard.

haydenelrics posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 5:17am for 28 - A Day of Training

Oooh.... I know I need to be more manly and all, but i need more fluff! ..... dont tell anyone!

<_< >_>

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 4:49am for 28 - A Day of Training

loved the proof of Snape's villiany (spelling??)
Tell me again how DD keeps his reputation while putting up with this idiocy?
great chapter
Thanks

nonjon posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:57am for 28 - A Day of Training

It's called the Deflecting Charm. The incantation is 'deflecto'.



Hahaha. Oh goodness. You know in most fics this would really bother me as horribly unimaginative and cliched. But in yours, it just makes me laugh.

Enjoying this; more please; the usual etc...;

But it appears we're still in relatively early training bits here in Chapter 28. Any guess how many chapters this is going to be?

Crys replied:

How many chapters? Um, more than 30.

Seriously, I have no idea. Won't even make it to Christmas until 32 or so.

Thelvyn posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:56am for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice chapter though I do have a few comments/questions/niggles with some of the learning you included. Firstly as far as I'm aware facial structure is pretty much all bone - to look like someone else you have to change the bone structure definitely (note this is how they can make up likenesses of a person from just their skull). Secondly, the reagent table - while I don't disagree that Snapes' teaching is lacking I don't think there could be something quite so basic behind it - firstly Ron would have said something at some point if every wizarding child knew about it and also Hermione would have mentioned something if it had been something so straight forward. I suspect something similar might have happened - with it being much more like chemistry, there is no single simple table but Snape in his lessons just teaching teaching his class "cooking" without any of the explanations as to how and why the potions work - except to his Slytherins of course.

Crys replied:

The way I'm viewing/treating it, the majority of the facial structure IS bone, but you could add muscle or cartilege/fat to change the face almost completely (think special effects artists short of putting a mask over the actor's face).

Reagent table: Hmm. You're right that Hermione would probably have stumbled across this problem when helping Harry study for tests. Now how to write myself out of this one . . . (Thank you for pointing it out. The downside of not spending three months thinking about every little nuance per chapter.)

Manatheron posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:43am for 28 - A Day of Training

oh wow! Excellent chapter! The explaination for snape was believably interesting, and tonks and harry's date sounds to be... er... Feisty.

Terrific chapter, Keep up the excellent work!

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:41am for 28 - A Day of Training

Nice to see a normal day for them. As allways hope to see more soon.

Matt posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 2:15am for 28 - A Day of Training

I've been following your story from the beginning and generally love it. Two minor concerns: First, I felt like there wasn't enough prep-time for the chapter with the ball, I.E. Harry asking, Tonks accepting etc. Though not essential,
the lack of coverage did make it a bit jarring. I mention it now because it feels that you've left the announcement of H and T's involvement out after a fairly big build-up. Maybe you plan to deal with it later but this does feel a bit odd as well
Beyond this you're doing a great job of developing the characters appropriately and I really look forward to seeing where you take th story.
Matt

Crys replied:

There hasn't BEEN an announcement of H & T's relationship. Harry's gang and the Order generally know, but nobody outside that group knows he's seriously dating Tonks.

Fear not, their relationship WILL become public knowledge eventually.

Chris1 posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 1:30am for 28 - A Day of Training

Tim Joye? Roflmao :D

Nice chapter. I like seeing the teasing :D Can't wait for when Tonks actually gets what she wants :D

The reagent table is a nice idea. Also makes potionmaking a bit more plausible. And of course, makes Snape more of a git.

Very good chapter :)

AzureSky posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 1:14am for 28 - A Day of Training

Great chapter. lol Tim Joye.
Harry can make his nail and hair as weapon then?

Crys replied:

I suppose his fingernails COULD be, but they wouldn't be very good. It would take him minutes to grow them and they're no sharper or studier than regular fingernails.

Sorry, no Deathstryke-type clones in this one.

Thanks for reviewing!