Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jamie46 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th January 2006 1:19am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

awww, how cute :) good, Tonks, don't forgive him right away. ;) hehehe. (Of course, what would I know?) i liked all the scenes at the 3 broomsticks; those were well-done. i'm afraid i can't think at the moment, though, so please take my whole-hearted "aw, this chapter was great", since i dont seem to be able to specify what i liked the most... sigh. definitely time for bed...

haydenelrics posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 11:55pm for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

DING DING DING!!! And the word of the week is..... GONADS!!!

Nice chappie, by the way

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 11:31am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

nice but too short. the angst is in our waiting for more chapters

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 10:05am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Good work.

Regress posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 9:15am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Thanks for the DracoVSRon scene, for some reason I honestly don't like Ron. He's not a bad guy, he's just very set in his ways, and has a very strong tendancy to cast people in a certain way at first sight, and never let them get beyond that first impression. I also quite agree that it just wouldn't work between Ron and Hermione until/unless they both mellow out a significant amount, and especially without Harry there to "buffer" them as you put it.

Any idea what's going to happen to Draco in Hogwarts now that he's a confirmed non-Death Eater, or are we going to see any of it? I can't honestly see him lasting long in the Slytherin house without his two lumbering oafs to follow him around, and without the threat of daddy and his connections. Not to mention since Ron is there to keep the Gryffindor part of the school from giving the guy a break. I mean I usually hate Draco with a passion, although that may be because of the way he's portrayed by so many authors, but in this story I kinda feel sorry for the guy, even though he's still an arrogant bastard.

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 9:10am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Crys, this is fantastic! Thanks for a very enjoyable afternoon. More, soon? I know, this is not a comprehensive review. Hmmm. I like how you're rehabilitating Cissy; how you've brought the Black family together again; how you're limiting DD's manipulations; Neville's maturing persona; and I can't find anything I don't like. Oh - I particularly loved the composition of the armband - platinum and mithril... delish! Ok. Better? Cheers, Michelle

Prince Charon posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 9:06am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Thank you for the update.

Very, very interesting. You're very good at this.

More soon, please.

Alex00 posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 8:01am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

great chapter

jmcqk6 posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 7:46am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

This was an interesting chapter, but I thought harry would make the connection that he was doing to tonks exactly what hermione did to him. Perhaps Harry needs to work on his mental skills a bit.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 7:41am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Ron's Attitude is because Harry is *not* pissed at Draco. Harry is actually being CIVIL to the Ferret, and Ron doesn't understand why. The reason Ron *doesn't* understand it is because of an event Ron didn't attend (but Harry and Draco both DID): Sirius' Will reading. Harry gave Draco a warning, and Draco had the sense to heed it. Ron sees things like a stereotypical Gryffindor Extremist. There is a bumper sticker that Kinsfire quoted in "Death Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Be" that sums up my feelings on such: "Jesus, Deliver Us From Your Followers." Ron's attitude smacks of Dumbledore's influence a little TOO strongly for Harry's liking. (Apparently, it's a little too much for HERMIONE'S liking as well, considering they aren't dating.) Amusingly, Harry, who is, literally, a Gryffindor, doesn't share that extreme viewpoint. Apparently, Godric doesn't, either. (Has anyone asked Godric his own feelings on people using HIM as justification for such extremism?)

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 7:18am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

"The Prophet exists to sell itself." - Rita Skeeter to Hermione Granger, "Harry Potter and the Order Of the Phoenix"

While Rita isn't there any more, it is *still* largely true about the Prophet. Perhaps Harry should investigate who exactly are the owners of the paper (the Prophet is alternatively cloying and savage toward Harry and Dumbledore in particular) and consider counterpunching via the Quibbler. As far as Harry/Tonks, there is zero chance that the Prophet (or most of wizarding Britain, for that matter) would EVER view that relationship in a positive light. Wizarding Britain still views things in terms of, arguably, no later than the Mauve Decade (the 1890s in Muggle terms), and Harry/Tonks commits three cardinal sins:

1. Harry is younger than Tonks.
2. Harry is younger than age twenty.
3. Harry is Tonks' patriarch.

That Harry isn't in school is largely irrelevant in terms of wizarding society, given that very few children of wizarding parents can even *afford* to go to Hogwarts (the Weasleys have had to scrape to pull it off, and that is with Arthur Weasley being a long-term employee within the Department of Magical Law Enforcement), and Hogwarts is NOT a *public* (in the American sense) school (it is a *public* school in the same sense that Eton is; in short, the school is in the public eye), so that commentary-disguised-as-an-article almost has to be aimed at the pro-Dumbledore faction of wizarding Britain (which, given how the Prophet generally treats Dumbledore is rather amazing). Apparently, the Prophet reporter in question would rather there be only TWO sides to the war: Riddle and Dumbledore, as opposed to the third side (Harry).

Machiavelli Jr posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 7:16am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Smooth, Harry. Real smooth. My one, solitary nit is that Ron's being a bit too much of an arsehole. It's a mistake of inferior minds and rabid H/Hr shippers to make Ron's attitude in the first half of GoF his default. He really is a whole lot better than that, and making him some sort of insanely jealous moron doesn't help. Sure, he overreacts like nothing on earth, but I think this is a bit much. Other than that, top stuff and the Prophet sure is entertaining. The Screws of the World ain't in it.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 6:42am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Insisting on a believable romantic story? How dare they! This is fanfiction, not real life. In real life we wtick our foot in our mouths, not in fanfiction. In fanfiction we are perfect! .:;strikes a Superman pose;:.

Great chapter. I still imagine that the Prophet article will not be favorable with him dating Tonks. The usual issues will come up, even some on-the-street interviews of regular magical citizens who disapprove of Harry dating someone six years older than him, of him dating an employee, of him dating someone other than themselves. In the article it would also be brought up that Harry is not in school like a good sixteen year old wizard should be. It might even say that Tonks is taking advantage of Harry/ Harry is taking advantage of Tonks. (Try for the sweep and have it say both.) Harry would ask angrilly why they thought they had the right to dictate his life, love and otherwise.

Thank you for writing.

Mike.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 6:30am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

I like the points system mod. I've always wondered about how in the first book it started out as *a* point or two here or there, then 5, then 10 or 20 at a go. 3 points / day / person / professor is a lot more reasonable for normal circumstances.

Nice chapter, thanks!

Patricia Lee Finley posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 5:53am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Alright, give me the name of the dofus that tried to hex Harry's pet kneazle and they're in for it! Great chapter by the way, looking forward to the Party.

Dave Harris posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 5:44am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

I like your interactions between Harry and Ginny here - they've already realised over the summer that they don't need to be sensitive around each other since they're both otherwise romantically inclined, so they're free to interact much more like friends than in a lot of fics - I especially love the way that you've got Ginny gently taking the piss out of him.

Not sure about Harry reacting so blandly to Draco Malfoy though - he's pretty much told Harry that he's only using him as an opportunity to escape the Dark Tosser. Is Harry happy with that? Doesn't he want to see a little more gratitude? He's left Draco remarkably un-humbled if you ask me.

We could do with some further exposition about why Snape gets away with his constant House-point thievery, but perhaps this isn't the fic for it!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 5:10am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Heh, heh - A nice touch of reading for an otherwise nasty Monday morning. I like the bits where Harry's learnign to deal with people on an adult level but isn't quite there yet. It looks like things with Draco could definitely get interesting - not friends but not enemies and quite possibly working together when they have common goals/tasks. A most interesting read.

mike bates posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 4:19am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

very nice chapter here.....glad to have read this and many previous chapters that you have written

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 3:49am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Draco Officially Gets That Clue and surrenders to Harry. Ron, on the other hand, is still fighting the last war and *doesn't* get it. (That sort of attitude is why he and Hermione broke up.) Ron is now dating *Lavender Brown*. Hermione apologizes to Harry. Tonks and Harry have their first fight, and *Ginny* reads him the riot act over it. Harry does the smart thing and apologizes that evening.

Chris1 posted a comment on Monday 16th January 2006 3:40am for 26 - Hogsmeade Weekend

Great chapter, Crys. (that felt like I'm talking to myself <.<)

I like the way Ron and Draco acted. Very believeable and in character.

And cheers for Ginny. I love the way you write her, in all your fics. She the best of your characters. I may be biased in that, since she's my favorite character, but still.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and McGonagall was fun. :D

(if any quotes and bold text appears in the review, sorry, I was pressing random buttons)

-Crs