Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LordLexx posted a comment on Tuesday 24th December 2019 9:24am for 1 - Meet Godric

I get AU's, I really do. I mean, any fanfiction is an AU really. But for some things I find that changing cannon so much to be counterproductive unless you can give a good reason as to why you've done so, especially for such a major change like the Ministry being older than Hogwarts. Hogwarts is older than the ICW, the Wizengamot is older than the Ministry, when the Ministry came about it absorbed the Wizengamot. There were too many kings and fudal lords in that era to allow for a centralized government of any sort. Even for magicals.

Wanderer posted a comment on Saturday 16th November 2019 2:15pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Minor issue, the MoM came hundreds of years after the founding of Hogwarts... unless you mean to say that they were awarded this status posthumously?

I like how personable Godric is, if he is a persistent spirit of Gryffindor, it makes sense that hed' have some interaction with his heirs down through time.

My mind boggles at where this could go - it's got a ton of potential!

gtgrouch posted a comment on Thursday 31st July 2014 8:30pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Great start to a story! This has a -lot- of potential.

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th June 2011 8:57am for 1 - Meet Godric

very intriguing. As for Harry trusting too soon--that's just Harry for you. And this guy seemed familiar. Perhaps he recognized him on an intrinsic level

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 2:57pm for 1 - Meet Godric

I love this idea! I love the way you handled it! Terrific! If Harry is in fact Lord Potter he has something he can ... well ... use against the Dursleys when they talk about no account unemployed James! He needs to check for Warding Sevices at Gringotts!

maddsloth posted a comment on Saturday 20th March 2010 7:10pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Don’t you think you had Harry Take the fact that a man that has been dead for 1000 years walked in to his prison a little to well? I don’t think his reaction would have been "oh how ya been, and where have you been?" "Oh Helga and I had a room at the leaky caldron for the last 856 years, it has not changed much, believe it or not."
To be blunt this alone almost relegates the story to a parity or humor story. That and I don’t think there was a MoM 1000 years ago.

"Wait a second. If you're a ghost, how can you be holding these things?" He blushed and looked down. "I'm sorry, sir. My mouth has a way of running off. I apologize."
- Seemed like a valid question to me. I hope Harry is not this meek through the whole story, a little to much flinching and apologizing in this chapter (granted Canon Harry was a meek little bit(h so I guess he has to start out that way.)

FailGate posted a comment on Thursday 3rd September 2009 1:26am for 1 - Meet Godric

I was expecting a touch more scepticism when Godric told Harry who he was. I mean sure the wards would prevent evil wizards, but that doesnt equate to said wizard being Godric Gryffindor.
Also after reading your authors note, I am wondering why you did not simply incorporate some if not all your points into the chapter itself. I dont want to read a story in the authors notes, I want to read it in the chapter.
Other than that, I enjoyed the chapter, although it had a very simple 'rags to riches' sort of feel to it. No real depth, just casual exeptance and some world changing (and plot driving) powers.
Still FAR better than most of the other stuff kicking around on the grand 'ol internet though.
So yeah, I liked it.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 11th February 2008 12:20pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Very good start.

gunny

Sythe posted a comment on Sunday 15th April 2007 8:50am for 1 - Meet Godric

Why I continue to read until chapter 10? Why do you even have to ask? That just prove how much you mistook my review which was constructive criticsm, albeit a bit harsh at that. I don't not like your fanfiction. I just hate fanfic that lack concrete logical thoughts on the preceding of the story and character development, which this fanfic of yourr is. The humor is okay ...if you put it in an acceptable amount. But you practically bombarded in this fic. A little is good, too much is definitely not. I normally don't even grace badly though-out fics a review, much less a constructive one. Those like yours was the worse. Why? Well, you got the writing style and all, you just had to botch up in the planning process. Sorry for being so rude and crude, but it's like you are this close to release, and suddenly find that you just can't get off. How do you like that then?

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Sunday 24th September 2006 8:17am for 1 - Meet Godric

Actually, I loved it! I was slightly suspicious, but I wasn't going to mention anything. I loved this chapter. Keep writing!

KenF posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 11:13pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Well, this looks like fun. I'll have to get caught up and let you know what I think.

Dragen posted a comment on Friday 9th June 2006 12:48am for 1 - Meet Godric

Great start to the story, keep up the good work... can't wait to see what happens next.

Emily posted a comment on Tuesday 21st March 2006 3:28am for 1 - Meet Godric

I love It!!!!!

Brinneh posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 11:05am for 1 - Meet Godric

Okay, I saw a wonderful comic opportunity in there...right after Godric introduced himself. And I'm feeling a bit weary of the way Harry reacted to this thing altogether. Do you really think he would have just accepted what Godric said as fact? Alas, it is your story, not mine, and as I know that this is just an introductory chapter, I'm willing to read more...I'll trust that you've got something interesting up your sleeves. ;)

Aurilia posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 4:32pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Giggle. I'm liking this already. Normally, I'm a slash fan, but some friends rec'd this, so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, I'm glad I strayed into hetland.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 4:32am for 1 - Meet Godric

Ch.1 - - I am in trouble.

Just out of curiosity when the latest update email showed up, I came to this story.

The first chapter is too good to not read then next. More of my writing time gets eaten up that way.

Excellent start.

Crys replied:

*laugh* You're only in as much trouble as you allow yourself to be in.

And just to add to it . . . *grin*

I'll trade you Scion 30 for Great Scott 8.

There, does that make you want to put this down and start writing again? :)

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Sunday 29th January 2006 2:58pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Very interesting!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2005 5:36pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Very good, I think I will enjoy reading this story.

gunny

Sionwitch posted a comment on Thursday 8th December 2005 7:20am for 1 - Meet Godric

I was looking for a new good fic and I got it, so far is great. Congratulations.

freddie1 posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 1:20pm for 1 - Meet Godric

Wonderfully done, nicely paced story and i hope that it has a much better story line than HBP cause i nearly fainted after reading it ^^
Anyways, keep up the good work and greetings from me in malaysia.
cheers!