Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LordLexx posted a comment on Tuesday 24th December 2019 11:16am for 11 - Madam Bones

So... Harry got mad at Hermione for acting like Hermione? Harry has cronic bouts of depression (for good reason mind you), telling him to get professional help is something that a friend should do. Sure, one could argue that they should just advise them to get it but it's also dependnt on the type of friend you have too. Hermione is a rather direct and upfront person, shes seen Harry go through all sorts of shit. If I were in her shoes I'd be telling him the same thing.... especially because, you know, he was depressed/upset about killing someone. And if you want him to have that added to the other part of the letter about her telling him to come where it "safe" then you're just making Harry be an asshole. So far you haven't bothered to have him talk with that group, at least not as far as we readers are aware. Hermione has ALWAYS been worried about Harry's safety and well-being. She has no questionable loyalties, especially if you put all the evidence in front of her. She believes in facts. She just assumes that authority figures are only going to give her facts. Not half-truths or just bit information forcing you to potentially draw false assumptions (Dumbledore).

Wanderer posted a comment on Saturday 16th November 2019 10:19pm for 11 - Madam Bones

I think Harry over-reacted with Hermione, but that's what teens do when they get mad, so no harm, no foul.

Very clever with the owls :D

Harry was quite insightful and pro-active with the decisions on Knockturn. It's a significant switch from sending a howler to a person who is acting completely within character (esp since she is surrounded by dumble's peeps.)

KingDarius posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2011 12:57am for 11 - Madam Bones

i figured the henry thing was just because that that is just another form of harry. other than that, entertaining so far, even with the cliches.

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th June 2011 2:07pm for 11 - Madam Bones

Clever--Hedwig & Henry, I mean.

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 4:07pm for 11 - Madam Bones

I didn't know the significance. I appreciate the info. I suppose you can tell I don't ride the H/G ship well.

I do like Harry's way of handling this though. :)

Brigrove posted a comment on Saturday 19th June 2010 9:32pm for 11 - Madam Bones

Another thing about Henry's name. King Henry VIII (and others) were often referred to as King Harry

Crys replied:

Good point, but it was mostly chosen because Saint Hedwig's husband was named Henry.

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 6th April 2010 8:55pm for 11 - Madam Bones

So, Ami is a bit prejudiced against Weres?
Too bad you killed Susan. She didn't deserve it. You could have killed Molly, or Dolores, or some unknown student, or Finch-Fletchly (or whatever), or Ernie McMillan, or Michael Corner, or some besides Susan.

Crys replied:

No, Amelia isn't prejudiced. Just acknowledging Harry's unorthodox choice. Especially by bringing him into the Ministry, a place known to be rife with anti-were bigotry.

Yes, I could've killed any of those others. But I wanted someone close to Harry but not too close. A name that makes everyone sit up, take notice, and realize that "yes, this really is affecting people close to me".

Thanks for the review.

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:53am for 11 - Madam Bones

good chapter

Dangams posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 7:47am for 11 - Madam Bones

An interesting story so far.

Did you know that Harry is actually a shortened form of Henry?

Crys replied:

Yes, usually.   Per the Lexicon, Harry is his full first name, though.

Adriana Lant posted a comment on Saturday 30th September 2006 1:21pm for 11 - Madam Bones

I was going to ask about Henry's name; that's very interesting. I hope it was a hint! The owls; ew! Very interesting, that Harry owns Knockturn Alley. Anyway, this chapter was great. Keep writing!

Amiable Dorsai posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 11:48pm for 11 - Madam Bones

Much as I like your story up to this point, I gotta say that I'm disappointed in Harry. Doubting Hermione's friendship because he didn't like her letter? That's pretty cold--I mean, the woman has stood at his back against Death Eaters, flown with him on a hippogryff to rescue his godfathather, healed his wounds, fed him when his own relatives wouldn't, helped him prepare for the maze, and so on and so on. She's earned more than a little slack.

I hope this is just emotional upset, and that he gets over it soon. Hermione's had to deal with too many of Harry's tantrums already.

Otherwise, I gotta say that this is an intriguing story. I'm enjoying "Grampa Godric" a lot.

Amiable Dorsai

Crys replied:

Yes, Harry's reaction to Hermione is cold and OoC.   It was planned that way, though.   Read on.   It gets resolved and explained a bit.

Aurilia posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 6:11pm for 11 - Madam Bones

Nifty! Harry owns Knockturn Alley! He should level it and introduce the Wizarding World to the wonderfulness that is theme-parks.

Crys replied:

*laugh* Now THAT is a fun idea!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 7:03am for 11 - Madam Bones

Ch.11 - - Clever about the Hedwig/Henry connection. I was trying to read something into the Kings Henry in British history.

Fascinating conversation betweeen M. Bones and Harry.

Lots of complexities in this tale to chew on - nice!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 4:16am for 11 - Madam Bones

Very good, although I hate it that Susan is dead. Always liked her.

gunny

Jamie46 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 3:21pm for 11 - Madam Bones

Harry rolled his eyes. "Call me Harry, please. This 'Lord Potter' thing makes me think someone important is standing behind me."

Henry, still perched on Harry's chair back, hooted.


HAHAHAHHAAH :) Oh god, I totally laughed out loud, big belly chuckles...which made my computer bounce ;) lol.... :) hahahaha, thanks. that was great.