Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 1:25pm for What Now?

Not a happy, light dream but a good and valid one. I can see this Harry definitely taking his time to decide "what next", though he could do worse than take Parvati up on her offer. :D Given his history with the Ministry, I really can't see him working for them in any capacity unless he was well-insulated from the nonsense. On the whole, though, I would expect him to take the time to think things through and figure out what he does want to do now that he doesn't have to focus on that bloody prophecy any more.

Jane Average posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 1:02pm for What Now?

You got me all teary-eyed :) Well done :)

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 12:55pm for What Now?

This was a melancoly moment out of time, and I loved the two ways for Harry to talk to his folks and Sirius, one a trifle more permanent than the other.
Your version of Moody really struck a chord, as did your one of Harry.
Beautifully written, as always, and thought-provoking. Thanks for that.

haphazard1 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 12:50pm for What Now?

Very introspective, and well done. I found myself thinking that the various people Harry spoke with were really different aspects of himself, as sometimes happens in dreams. When all these aspects are externalized, what is left over as the actual Harry?

DarQuing posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 12:21pm for What Now?

I'm glad you did, though. Harry never really got the closure that he needs. Some would he wasn't really of an age to remember, but deep down, he does remember (hence the voices he hears when the dementors come near him). And the only real connection he has to his parental units is through what others tell him.

Charles Slone posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 11:38am for What Now?

Great chapter that actually makes me want to ask for a Second chapter for that one lol

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 11:20am for What Now?

And the answer to the age old question, what WILL Harry do next? I liked this one very much. this and the Halloween one have to be my favorite two.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 11:08am for What Now?

Good story, in a slightly disturbing sort of way. I was wondering if this was leading to a nefarious plot of some sort, but I am glad to see that I was wrong.

My own dark bunny has Harry happy that the end is here. In it, turns out that Harry struck a deal with death to be alive long enough to take care of Riddle and then he would leave this mortal coil. Hadn't decided how it would happen.

If Harry had an incident where he should have died, but didn't due to this deal, the Chamber of Secrets comes to mind, he would have entered into the deal with both eyes open.

If he had been a child before Hogwarts and should have died from his abuse, but Death told him that he had something more that he had to do, so child Harry agreed to stay on this earth longer until his destiny was fulfilled, even though he liked the idea of joining a loving family, even if it was in the afterlife, he would have entered into the deal willingly but without full knowledge.

If he should have died as a baby, but had been given a limited term reprieve, ntil he completed his destiny, he would be under Death's thumb without his prior agreement.

The last senario is the darkest. In that one, he never had a choice and the only thing keeping him alive that long was the unfulfilled prophecy.

Personally, I like the Harry as a Child scenario because it could explore how he would act if he knew he had a destiny, maybe he doesn't know what it is even, but he knows that once he completes it, he'll die and go on to be with his loving mum and dad in the afterlife.

Thanks for writing. Hope my mild plot bunny doesn't turn into something more for you.

Mike (MoA)

Crys replied:

I'm sure I've read that bunny as a one-shot somewhere.   Kinsfire, maybe?   *search* *read*

*laugh*   Okay, he got it from you, not the other way around.

Merle Corey posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 10:45am for What Now?

I think that I prefer Remus' version of talking to his parents, rather than Mad-eye's! Although he gave some pretty good advice, to Hermione as well. Harry seems to type that could end up dedicating his life to something like that, and kind of getting lost in it. This was a good little story, so thanks for sharing it.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 10:01am for What Now?

I don't think it's as dark as all that. Just a bit introspective.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

KenF posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 9:07am for What Now?

Yes, Harry would have a bit of trouble figuring out what to do next. I think his ties to this world would be strong enough to keep him around, but who knows?

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 8:37am for What Now?

Hey, this isn't bad. I liked the way you portrayed Moody. That blunt piece of advice is very him. :)

Also like the way Harry asked: "Why should I feel guilty about killing him?

Nice little plot bunny. Don't kill them prematurely. One-shots like these have their place.


Quizer

redjacobson posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 7:55am for What Now?

interesting character piece; and i liked the insight into Moody.

Red

Amamama posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 7:19am for What Now?

Not a happy, light dream, no. Neither a dark horror. Rather a good, soul-searching, poignant dream. It really is past time to bring Harry to his parent's graves. That nobody has shown him yet in the series is quite incredible. His surprise that Remus might be ready to off him in the ending was priceless - just enough to make him wake up with a racing heart.

Thanks!

Ken Warner posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 6:38am for What Now?

Liked Remus' answer quite a lot better than Moody's -

You do bring up some valid points - but isn't one of the purposes of the after battle party to give the warriors a chance to talk among themselves and convince each other that they really did have to do the horrible things that were done, and that in normal circumstances they would never do them again?

from my readings this is one of the things that the lack of has caused so much psychological damage to the soldiers in extended wars, where soldiers rotate in for 'tours' of duty. I am thinking particularly of Korea, vietnam, northern ireland, the SWAT teams and DEA scum here in the United States. these folks often never got or get a chance to psychologically move 'off the battlefield' and be human again.

thanks for sharing it with us, and as for the unbeta'ed - one would not know if you didn't tell us.

warmest regards

clayton day posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 6:36am for What Now?

You know I can see this actually happening. All that joy around him and Harry hasn't connected with any one special so he feels the only way to find happiness is to be with his parents. Not a bad take on Harry wins.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Tuesday 17th April 2007 6:35am for What Now?

Nice.