Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

nonjon posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 6:01am for The Last Wizard Standing

Hehe. Certainly setup a nice premise. Feels like one of the simplest little sci-fi plots and reason to turn this into a skinemax-at-night movie. Bow-chicka-bow-bow.

Though I'll admit, in parts, and especially the end it seemed odd. I mean the whole Dream Journal part means we're reading a book not really a fic. So we have 1st person POV, but it's told from an omniscient perspective. Like Harry writing:

Pomfrey's eyes were laughing. "Yes, he is."



It's not Dream!Harry understanding that as much as looking back and writing it in the journal!Harry's ability to recognize these things. I guess it's more if you're going to separate the "dream entries" from the rest of the journal entry clearly like in this one, it doesn't feel right that Dream!Harry's thoughts would see the warning signs.

Either that or armed with the foreknowledge of what Tonks would tell him, journal!Harry might be more self-deprecating of his own (dream!Harry's) naivety.

It's just the Dream!Harry's POV being recounted by journal-writing!Harry's POV seems mixed together into one singular 1st-person POV that is occasionally all-knowing and occasionally oblivious.

Still, content wise a lovely premise here. And a nice outlet for bunnies you want to destroy. (I did the same sort of thing first through discussions with a therapist recounting dreams and then again by creating an infinite number of dimensions for hopping purposes.) I look forward to seeing what other dreams you'll drop on us. I suppose it's not completely wide open though as you're restricted to Harry Potter 1st person. Of course he could dream he's Severus Snape. Maybe trying to impress Percy with his firm, tight cauldron bottom.

I should stop.

Good ficlet. More please.

Crys replied:

I had this discussion with my beta.   He pointed the same thing out.

Yes, the POV is a bastard mix of 1st person and 1st person narrative.   That was intentional.   I was mostly trying to give it a slight sense of unreality (it IS a dream, right?).  

The other dreams may or may not be in similar POV's.   I'll find out when I get there, I guess.

> Maybe trying to impress Percy with his [Snape's] firm, tight cauldron bottom.
> I should stop.

*shudder*   Yes, you should.   Please.

Thanks for reviewing.

mike bates posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:11am for The Last Wizard Standing

very nice story......i was laughing near the end when harry couldn't figure out that it was HE that had to repopulate the wizarding world :D. great story nonetheless and can't wait for more stories :D

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:11am for The Last Wizard Standing

Such a nice Voldemort dream. So which witches will he be sharing his journal with? And will they be willing to help him live his dreams?

David Thacker posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 5:01am for The Last Wizard Standing

That was great.I saw the part about Harry being the only male to have kids before you got there.

Treck posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:43am for The Last Wizard Standing

EVIL! EVIL! EVIL!

Damn what are you feeding those bunnies.

Crys replied:

Reviews :)

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:24am for The Last Wizard Standing

XD An entertaining dream, Harry? More like your personal fantasy come true. I have this odd vision of Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus all being awoken that morning by Harry screaming at the top of his voice: "NO NO NO! DAMN YOU MERLIN! IT CAN'T BE A DREAM! IT CAN'T BEEEEE!!!"

Ah Crys! Thanks for giving me a giggle today. I hope to see more of Harry's wonderful dreams in the future.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10

texasranger_10 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:15am for The Last Wizard Standing

oh that is to good. i love it. are you going to continue this or is this it. i don't mean that perticular dream but more dreams. of coarse i wouldn't mind seeing his reaction.

Queberjeque posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:13am for The Last Wizard Standing

I loved it!

Good idea on the dream journal for posting random stories.

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:11am for The Last Wizard Standing

If you ever do a sequel, you might want to team up with Kinsfire. This seems right up his ... alley? ;)

Cathal posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 4:07am for The Last Wizard Standing

You have to do a second chapter, just so we get to see Harry's reaction.

I'm going for gibbering panic before he runs for the hills, most of the female population of Hogwarts tearing after him. And Beaubaxtons. And... heh heh heh.

Crys replied:

Sounds like a good continuation, Cathal.

Did you just volunteer  to adopt this bunny? :)

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 3:55am for The Last Wizard Standing

Now this is cute: Voldy's Last Plan not only misfires, but misfires in spectacular fashion! He takes down most of the wizards of wizarding Britain, but he also takes down ALL of his Death Eaters (and gets himself captured for his troubles). Harry's (literally) the Last Wizard Standing (or able to father kids) which makes him more valuable than all the gold in Gringott's (to most witches). A bummer for Remus, though (that he's sterile); however, Ron will think this truly sucks. (Harry gets *all* the witches; and Ron himself is basically *grounded* magically.)

Good thing this was a dream.....or was it?

Heather posted a comment on Wednesday 11th October 2006 3:46am for The Last Wizard Standing

*giggle*

Wow. That was very amusing. Kind of figured where it was leading once you explained the effects of the curse, but Harry's reaction outside the dream was just as funny as Dream!Harry's cluelessness.