Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Graup posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 2:17pm for Different Timeline

I enjoyed Harry accepting the new him, and the changes in all of his friends. I liked that he seemed to get the beter part of his new life.

Good story. Thanks for sharing it.

krisrat1979 posted a comment on Monday 3rd April 2006 4:04am for Different Timeline

I've read this one through at least 3 times that I can remember, and I gotta say it still impresses me. I've been working on my own kind of alternate universe fanfic, but that brings me to this question: Yeah, I may be an unknown quantity around here, but is this one still up for adoption? If so, I'd like to throw in for it. I'd be happy to provide writing samples or any ideas I have for it for you to check. Either way, awesome story, and I'm loving Scion as well. Keep writing!

Crys replied:

Yep, still up for adoption.   All I ask is a credit for the bunny and a URL once it's posted.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 12:44am for Different Timeline

Well, if the answer to question "what happened" is "history changed around Harry" then truly the Voldemort spell SPECTACULARLY misfired (for Voldemort, that is).

merf425 posted a comment on Saturday 25th March 2006 6:36pm for Different Timeline

That was bloody awesome. I'm not going to pressure you for a sequel, but I definitely wouldn't be adverse to one. :)

jake m posted a comment on Friday 17th March 2006 5:55pm for Different Timeline

write more damit !
i always enjoy it when harry and hermoine become a pair obivously this story is not going in that direction darnit.
where was i?...
write more damit!

John Lee Howard posted a comment on Tuesday 7th March 2006 8:34am for Different Timeline

Really is a nifty story. Would be nice to have a little follow up to tie up some of those loose ends and such... Would be amusing.

FairyQilan posted a comment on Saturday 4th March 2006 9:19pm for Different Timeline

Did anyone adopt this?

Crys replied:

Nope. You volunteering? :)

Recently got a whole lot of good suggestions for it, though. We'll see if they wake the muse up or not.

FairyQilan posted a comment on Saturday 4th March 2006 9:18pm for Different Timeline

Tell your muses to hop to it! I want a sequel!

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 3rd March 2006 3:40am for Different Timeline

Well, let's see... Note One took care of my one question (I do actually really read all of a story so Note Two didn't apply). Other than than, I commend your imagination/muse for coming up with quite an unusual plot device and for turning it into a very enjoyable story. Keep up the good work.

jnhink posted a comment on Thursday 2nd March 2006 1:39pm for Different Timeline

Sequel!! Sequel!! Sequel!! Pleas....

Aurilia posted a comment on Wednesday 1st March 2006 10:48pm for Different Timeline

Fantastic little shortie. Filled the time nicely. I would, as many of your reviewers have stated - if your AN is anything to go by, would dearly love to see more in this universe. Aside from how he got there, it's one of the more believeable alternate-timeline fics I've had the pleasure of reading. Your grasp of the characters is spot-on, and I love how the story flows from one point to another.

'If the muses strike'? Would some bunnies suffice? I've a plethora of them nibbling at me after this:

Bunny One: The scene with Harry investing in the twins' shop. I would love to see how their relationship works. Were they rivals? Were the twins mentors? Aside from the whole Boy-Who-Lived aspect, do they even know Harry? Are they willing to accept the money? If so, do they set up in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade?

Bunny Two: Exploring even more how this timeline differs from the original would be fantastic. Personally, I'd love to see Harry approach Draco and find that the amazing bouncing ferret is actually a decent person, albeit a bit on the shy side, but with a dry wit once you get to know him. I want to know if they met up on the train, like in the original timeline. Did Draco offer his hand in friendship? Have they never met 'officially' before?

Bunny Three: What about the basilisk? How is it handled? Does Harry run off to deal with it on his own or does the headmaster call in a 'Magical Vermin Exterminator'? If he is a part of the basilisk solution, does he offer it to Snape for potions' ingredients as an olive branch? I would love seeing Harry defeat it again, maybe with Remus' and Sirius' help.

Bunny Four: Voldemort. Is he really gone for good in this timeline? Do the Aurors exterminate him like the ruddy cockroach he is? Does he manage to find another 'host'? Does he come back? Is that why Harry suddenly changed? So that he would be better able to fulfill his duty? For that matter, what of the Prophesy? In this timeline, was it fulfilled on that fatefull Halloween evening or is it leading to something more sinister? (Please note that the remainder of the bunny is rather odd, but this is where my mind goes at 5:30 in the morning.) If his shade is in Albania, what would the possibility be of him locating not just another 'host,' but a kindred spirit in an Albanian vampire?

Bunny Five: Exploring more of Padma's role in Harry's 'new' life. They've been dating for years, per Padma, but Harry's just been thrown into this. I'd love to see a little angst in the relationship as Padma realises that Harry's not the same Harry she knew. I think it would be great to incorporate a scene where Harry's having a nightmare about either the resurrection of Moldywart or the fiasco at the Ministry and Padma tries to wake him up, only to get rather severely hexed for her trouble.

Bunny Six: I'd love to see a quidditch game with the 'new' seeker-Harry. Does he still own a Firebolt? Is he still as good on a broom, what with his new body? Speaking of quidditch, is Draco on the Slytherin team? If so, is he seeker or some other position (towel-boy springs to mind)?

Bunny Seven: This one's completely random. At the beginning of the tale, Harry wonders if he'd been sleepwalking to end up in the infirmary. I'd love to really see this happen. I can imagine Pomphrey's responce, "What with those moving staircases, I'm suprised this hasn't happened sooner. Will you get rid of them now, Albus?" I can just see her being a stalwart detractor to the moving staircases for years.

That's about all I can think of right now. Hopefully, the bunnies will bite you hard enough to spur a sequal or second chapter into existence.

Thanks for reading this far. :-)

TeeBoo posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 12:08pm for Different Timeline

Just to let you know I enjoyed reading this story. I can see where everybody is saying there should be a sequel, because so much more can happen, but I still enjoyed it.

Ian Major posted a comment on Thursday 9th February 2006 5:21am for Different Timeline

Great story, and I think there would be plenty of room for a sequel!

Ginger posted a comment on Saturday 4th February 2006 5:54pm for Different Timeline

please please write sequel...I know I know you answered it but the story is good and I want MORE...please?

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 10:54pm for Different Timeline

I like this story. I kind of like the idea of a sequel but it stands ok by itself. It would be great if Harry didn't have to go through all the garbage he did the first time. It gives us another "look" at the story. Thank you for writing it.

Nanio posted a comment on Tuesday 31st January 2006 5:35pm for Different Timeline

Pretty interesting, but would've done better if you stretched it out. Also, I like the pairing: very original.

shortyes posted a comment on Tuesday 31st January 2006 5:29pm for Different Timeline

More? This is a great alternate universe fic

Terry Chang posted a comment on Sunday 29th January 2006 7:21am for Different Timeline

no sequels? but this was ... growl...geez, like the best alternative story EVER!!!

Joel1 posted a comment on Saturday 21st January 2006 2:53pm for Different Timeline

Im sorry about what I said before, but i really like this story and I guess i hoped you would continue it... oh well, you can't always get what you want i guess

Lira posted a comment on Tuesday 10th January 2006 4:14am for Different Timeline

Great story. I truly like it - but I'm wondering about the other side of the coin. What does the normal HP-timeline do with a Harry who doesn't have the same training Harry had? While he is an unregistered Animagus and actually had a decent DADA-teacher since year 3, he's not an Occlumens, etc.