Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Jane Average posted a comment on Thursday 30th November 2006 7:24am for Different Timeline

I'm fascinated by this.

I really enjoy those Harry's-memories-go-back-in-time-to-his-younger-self fics, and this has a lot of those same elements, but it's really refreshing because, instead of "fixing" things... he just has to have a life. That's got to be the ultimate in happy endings.

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 5:41am for Different Timeline

Good job

Shayne Rich posted a comment on Wednesday 1st November 2006 7:40am for Different Timeline

I would agaree with those that would say please write a sequel. I love your stories and I hope you continue writing... wherever your muse leads you.

Shayne

darthloki posted a comment on Thursday 12th October 2006 4:27pm for Different Timeline

This entire thing was fascinating.

Remus raised an eyebrow and cocked his head at her. "Now what have I asked you to call me outside of class, Hermione?"



Oh, gotta love Siri!

Pointer posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2006 9:57am for Different Timeline

A fun read.

The endings good,some loose ends available for a sequel....lol

Refreshing to experience a happy Harry. The angst ridden variety gets old afer a while.

Pointer

btw The new timeline arrangement seemed clear to me.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 5:13am for Different Timeline

a very enjoyable take - and I appreciate the AN telling us that history changed around Harry, rather than having him essentially overlay the mind of of a different version of himself.

warmest regards - and thanks for the link to the sequel.

Reece posted a comment on Sunday 30th July 2006 10:10am for Different Timeline

So... If I was interested in trying my hand at a sequel, would you want to see it first? And if so, where would I send it?

Just wondering.

If you want to see some previous work, look at some of my current WIP on FFN, author name veraklon.

Crys replied:

Go for it.   All I ask is a URL when it goes up somewhere.   I can't promise to actually rec it, but if I like it, it'll get a mention in the ending A/N of the story you're following.

This goes for any other authors and any story, BTW.

Pokey1984 posted a comment on Saturday 29th July 2006 5:45pm for Different Timeline

Well, your notes took care of the main point of my review, which would have been "Can I have a sequal, please?" Instead I guess I'll just say how much I love this little story. I think it would make an excellent first chapter of a much, much longer fic. *grin*

Seriously, though, while the "History suddenly changes" theme is not uncommon, your take on it is truly inspired. You did an excellent job outlining the types of things that changed and what would be exactly the same. Unlike in someof hte other "changed timeline" fics I've read, nothing seemed out of place here. (Okay, the Neville Lupin thing came out of left field, but it wasn't horribly jarring, just a little odd.) Even the biggest changes flowed easily with no extra explaining required. Too often in these types of stories, the author relies on a "previously unknown peice of information that completely changes half the characters personalities" but this story doesn't need that, which is refreshing.

Sorry I'm not sure if hte previous paragraph makes any sense, but it's nearly two in the morning so you'll have to forgive me.

At any rate, I really like the story, you've done an expert job and I really look forward to reading more of it. *crosses fingers and sends prayers to the muses* It's fantastic, really.

-Pokey1984

Brittany posted a comment on Tuesday 11th July 2006 2:54pm for Different Timeline

I really enjoyed this story and the differences that were made in the timelines. I also like that you used Harry/Padma considering there aren't many stories of that pairing out there. Anyway, I would hugely support a sequel if you decide to write one (hint-hint). I loved it and enjoyed every word.

Grukal posted a comment on Sunday 2nd July 2006 12:27am for Different Timeline

Simply fascinating. Keep up the good job

jessie179 posted a comment on Saturday 1st July 2006 3:51am for Different Timeline

I liked it.

stephen kempey posted a comment on Wednesday 7th June 2006 3:38pm for Different Timeline

more please, wheres a muse when you need them. All in all a great story, and a rather orginal one I have read.

Rogue posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 3:47pm for Different Timeline

I hope your muse strikes with more inspiration to follow this story. It's funny to see the butterfly effect in action.

Marcus posted a comment on Saturday 6th May 2006 3:15pm for Different Timeline

If/when you write a sequel let me know it was very good. Or you can write how the Harry with the other Harry knowledge is doing(You know the harry is the other universe with this universe harry's memory)

chris25 posted a comment on Wednesday 26th April 2006 5:40am for Different Timeline

a very well-written strong piece, with considerable room for continuation, but still able to stand alone (shame though it is.) If permissable I will post a link to this story at the beginning of any sequels I do complete

(squee! harry/patil pairing yay #bounces#)
yes i am a bit mad, brilliant of course.
Potatoes?

vertru posted a comment on Monday 24th April 2006 4:49pm for Different Timeline

Quite entertaining story Crys. I laughed quite loudly enough to startle the cat several times. I wouldn't mind seeing this developed further, but I understand how it is to get to the end of the story and be done, at least in your own mind. I like the logic of this, and how you had Hermione put the pieces together. The fact that so many things were different and yet so many the same was quit interesting. Very well done, and quite up to your usual standards.

Vern

Alternator posted a comment on Saturday 22nd April 2006 7:59am for Different Timeline

Amazingly good, certainly among the best fanfictions of any type I've ever read. I hope the muses launch a war against you if it'll mean you get the inspiration for a sequel.

If we aren't so lucky, well...just keep writing more great stories.

Ron posted a comment on Wednesday 12th April 2006 1:17pm for Different Timeline

Any plans on doing anything with Susan Bones? For some reason that character has always fascinated me. Might just be my obsession with redheads, but it's always seemed that she would be a better match for Harry than either Hermione or Ginny. I've always pictured her as the statuesque type of redhead, but calmer in temper than normal (goes with being a Hufflepuff, right?)

Linn posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 8:53am for Different Timeline

This is a very good story, I wish you would write a sequal. Personaly, I would love to read one of just Harry's conversation with Fred & George when he tells them he want's to invest in their buissness. That would be awesome.

hholidays posted a comment on Monday 10th April 2006 4:18pm for Different Timeline

Well, I'd like to see a sequel. This was a nice light hearted piece that had me laughing for most of the end of the story. Good stuff. I wish I'd read this earlier.