Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 8th August 2007 11:45am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Okay, so it should be ents, not ants. Still, what would happen if Voldie should happen to disturb a hill of magical army ants? The non-magical ones are dangerous enough, I can imagine what the magical ones could do. *chuckle* Perhaps a situation where Tom & Harry end up in the South American jungle and Tom, in his arrogance, does something stupid?

Crys replied:

Thanks.   Bunny added to the file.

Patricia Lee Finley posted a comment on Wednesday 8th August 2007 10:03am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Okay, I liked the Howler bit the best. The one with Nagini as a power word was the next best. But, an Ent is not a tree. As you recall Treebeard. "Tree? I'm no tree. I am an Ent." Clearly since they look like trees everyone assumes they are trees...but they're not. But that's not here or there anyway. To tick of an Ent is not smart or conductive to living a long and fruitful life. Ta Ta Moldywarts!!

Viridian posted a comment on Wednesday 8th August 2007 9:36am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

I'm sorry, but I must be taking my Obtuse Potion today... how did #201 result in his death?

Crys replied:

Facing at least 20 wizards simultaneously, one of whom can kill him.

Mostly, I wrote that as a jab at JKR's "name Taboo" in DH.

Steven Arntz posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 6:52pm for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

LOL I love the story. If i can suggest a scene, it would be hilarious if voldemort were killed by a swordfish while visiting sea world or swimming in the ocean or some other such thing. For some reason, the idea of him getting impaled by a fish makes me giggle.

Crys replied:

Thanks.   Bunny added to the file.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 5:51pm for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

I LOLed! Go the Ents!

Killer07 posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 3:59pm for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

While Voldy tortures Harry Gandalf the white comes into the area and doesn't like what he is seeing. He decides to help Harry.

Greetings

Killer07

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 2:54pm for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

All quite amusing and varied. I presume the ants in #205 are magical army ants? Or some ant species that would be equally deadly?

Just a thought inspired by the opening of Aerie22's "All the Magic in the World":

The forces of Light are fighting Tom and company in an abandoned coal mine. Reducto's and other curses have put a lot of dust into the air; then some ignorant Deez, or Tom himself (firing at Harry?), fires an Incindeo or some similar spell and sets off the coal dust/air mixture. Emergency portkeys take the Light fighters out while the resulting explosion kills Tom and all his forces.

Crys replied:

Not ants.   Ents.   From Tolkein's LotR stories.   Intelligent, ancient, huge, mobile trees.

Oh, and thanks for the coal mine bunny.   I'll probably use that next time through.

Edit: I have used this coal mine bunny.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 12:54pm for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Applause for #201 in particular. I didn't like the 'taboo' in DH - although I grant you it explained the wizarding world's aversion to Riddle's title (why, then had we never heard of this reason in any of the previous six books, though?) - and I spent a minute or two wondering if it could be reversed on Tom, proving that JKR hadn't thought it through. Didn't think of the parseltongue angle; I guess objections could be raised that the name has to be in English, or human tongue. Still a neat idea!

The idea of Hermione letting loose on Riddle is awfully appealing too. But in reality it would take her a few years, I'd imagine, to learn enough to really be dangerous to Voldemort?

Crys replied:

Thanks.   That whole "Taboo" thing bugged me, too.   Oh, well.   JKR has been known to leave plotholes lying around before.

And you're right.   Hermione would need years before she'd be any kind of threat to Voldy.   But by rights, Harry would also need years (probably more than her) before he could be a legitimate threat, either.   *shrug*

Glad you're enjoying.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 9:28am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Squeeee! I never expected that one to be used, I swear I read it somewhere else first. My sincere apologies to whomever I ripped off.

Crys replied:

Far's I know, you didn't rip anyone off.   I had a slightly similar "death" (using mandrakes instead), but don't recall anything else along those lines.

Edit: Ronnie McCain pointed out that it's from Kinsfire's "Death of a Hero".

slickrcbd posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 6:10am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Funny as always. May I use these reviews to submit my own suggestion? Feel free to edit it, as I'm not the best writer.


Tom Riddle stood between the high pillars in the Chamber of Secrets and looked up into the stone face of Slytherin, high above him in the half-darkness. Riddle opened his mouth wide and hissed:
"Speak to me, Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts Four."

Slytherin's gigantic stone mouth began to open, and something began stirring inside the statue's mouth. Something was slithering up from its depths.

An enormous, bright, poisonous green serpent hit the stone floor with a huge shudder, and spoke:

"Filthy half-blood, you dare to presume to command me? I shall clense the noble and pure Slytherin line of your muggle taint!"

Crys replied:

Thanks.   Bunny added to the file.

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 6:07am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

Death by Umbridge, what a horrible way to go. Moldyshorts shouldn't have upset Hermione! Very good. Howlers, that is an interesting concept!Dungbombs are good! Ants, Moldyshorts would have overlooked anyone as small as that. To him bigger was always better. Quite a statement! Thanks for writing. pms

Crys replied:

Sorry, that's "ents" not "ants".

Ents are from Tolkien's LotR stories.   Think about a huge, intelligent, mobile tree.

Though the idea of him getting in the path of an army of killer ants is worth thinking about for the next update.

Edit: Did use the ants bunny.

Tobang posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 5:24am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

The email notification that this has been updated was my 1001 email in my index. I love strange coincidences.

~Tobang

Crys replied:

<Trewlaney voice>It is fate that brings you here!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 4:48am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

The best was the Ents but they were all great. Very funny.

vertru posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 4:16am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

ROFL, a colony of Ents? Oh, I like it. Well put together Crys. Keep 'em coming.

Vern

Gullwhacker2 posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 4:09am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

...heh. More than one way to kill a Dark Lord. Nice bit with the Taboo Word reference.

Hm. Are DH spoilers allowed in the comments here? I have an idea which sadly counts as such.

Idea: Massive asteroid hits Earth. Kinda given that Voldie would die in the aftermath of that - enough destructive force to smash his Horcruxes and him. Mind, qualifies as 'overkill'.

Idea: Voldemort and his Death Eaters go into the jungle or swamps or something in search of a legendary artifact. Could be just a younger Voldemort. The predators in such places would likely find fleshy humans yummy. (Also called: "Rippy the Gator went chomp, chomp, chomp...")

Idea: Voldemort's snake-like. Does that include cold-blooded vulnerability to outside temperature? ("And Britain reaches its coldest winter in a decade...") Works especially well before he's properly revived in GoF - running out of firewood would be so simple...

Idea: You do NOT tear pages out of books in the Restricted Section, no matter how much you want that Dark information. The books sometimes tear back.

Final Idea: Voldemort, in order to slip himself into the Order and cause doom and destruction, Polyjuices into Harry Potter. Due to the need for secrecy, he doesn't tell his minions. After transforming, he tries to leave his base...and discovers how well his minions or traps can deal with Potters. (Snape figuring it out might be fun - 'On one hand, I get to curse Potter. On the other hand, I'm actually taking out the guy who Crucios me. I WIN.')

And there are a few suggestions.

Crys replied:

Yes, DH spoilers are allowed.   It's been enough time.

Three of those bunnies used.   Thanks.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 2:27am for Two Hundred and One to Two Hundred and Fifty

For Bunny 203 - a little reference to "Time on Target" might be useful. If you are not familiar with that, is when an artillery barrage using different types of cannons time their shooting in order to have all the differing types of shells hit at the same time.

If she can set some sort of delay on the howlers so they all hit simultaneously.....

thanks

and the Hermione revenge is just flat evil.

Crys replied:

I added some to that scene (though didn't call it ToT).   Thanks for the suggestion.

And I have heard of it before, through Clancy's novels.