Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Saturday 16th November 2019 11:48pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Nice chapter, rather full of goodies! That DE ward was wonderful, and I assume it's for marked DE's? The ritual to acquire a mark is said to require willingly performing vile and horrible actions against a living person... I think the wards should punt them like a paper football, but that's only because turning them inside out was shot down by my Slytherin side that said the mess would ruin innocent children's robes (and minds lol)

Shadowdog posted a comment on Monday 29th February 2016 7:21pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

I knew you'd bring Shack's house back! Bring back the anger!!!! (Crush them)

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th June 2011 3:27pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

well that ending is a bit curious :)

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Monday 6th June 2011 5:03pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

I like the idea of finally using the basilisk. I never thought letting it rot was a good idea.

dougal74 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:31am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

good chapter

ROBERT_1958 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th February 2008 4:44pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Why di not Harry use the command "STAIRS" so he could walk down & up from the Chamber of Secrets?

Crys replied:

That command in Parseltongue is fanon, not canon.

Thanks for reading and for the review.

Aurilia posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 7:21pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Nifty. I love the additional ward Harry cast. I also like how Flitwick has more than a passing mention in this story. Too many fanfic authors ignore or forget him.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 9:25am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Ch.18 - - Nice way of having Tonks and Harry go slow. Giving them metamorphmagus training is a wonderful way to advance their relationship.

Such great fun!

Merle Corey posted a comment on Friday 3rd February 2006 5:56pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

In a story that I am trying to write, Harry nicknames Tonks Addie. It is not one that I have seen before, but feel free to use it (although it might be a little late in the game to start chaning nicknames...)

I am really enjoying this story. I think your characterizations are brilliant. Must there be a breach between Harry and Hermione (my second favourite character?).

Looking forward to reading the rest.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 12:21pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

This could get interesting.

gunny

jmcqk6 posted a comment on Thursday 10th November 2005 5:07pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Great work here. I'm really enjoying this story. I like the pairing, too. This is one of the few stories i've read with harry as gryffindore's heir that is actually, well, good! I like filius and mcgonagall's attitudes.

What happened in the chamber? I would have like to see at least a bit of that scene.

Very interesting twist with the letter at the end. I can see this blowing up very easily. does bones know about this?

Anyways, looking forward to an update soon. until then, so long, do well, win awards, and thanks for all the fish. see you in the funny papers.

Halatia posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 9:55am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Evil cliffie! Evil! Now you'll have to update again right away so I don't die of a heart attack I'll have if I'm kept in suspense too long!

Hal

Rex posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 12:29pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

How about a little humilation for the ferret the brown nosing bookworm and the hot head jealous weasel(ron) as a not so stuble revenge

patrik svensson posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 7:00am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 4:50am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

The Issue with Harry and Tonks (in this PARTICULAR situation): It basically comes down to Tonks dating her boss. (See the movie "Disclosure", when Demi Moore was chasing Michael Douglas.) Worse, Harry Potter is, whether he likes it or not, THE major figure in wizarding Britain, in darn near EVERY way possible (sports jock, single, rich, titled, orphan, handsome, clueless around the sexier sex, etc.). True; neither Tonks OR Harry have ever been married, but it is STILL bad form to be dating your boss. (That may indeed be why so many folks are squicked about Harry/Tonks; not the age difference, but that Harry IS Lord (or Baron in this case) Black.)

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 3:38am for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Nice work.

brad posted a comment on Monday 7th November 2005 11:23pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

I don't think I've ever read a Harry/Tonks story before, and thought I might be a bit weirded out from about this point on. I'm glad you kept things natural and matter-of-fact between the two.

Loud cheers to Harry for putting up his anti-DE ward. I can't wait to see it in action. If it keeps out anyone with a dark mark, though, how is it that Snape can remain inside the castle? Or return to it the first time he leaves its environs?

Ending with a cliffhanger - and a good one, too. Harry's trial in The Unknown Power was one of my favourite parts of that story. Still, I can't see the problem this time around, it was a clear case of defending others/innocents against the DEs, surely? Nothing as dicey as his having used an Unforgiveable.

Thanks for the chapter!

Patches posted a comment on Monday 7th November 2005 9:49pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

I really like this story. It is different having Harry and Tonks as a couple. Of course there are a lot of conflics possible from others. I think Godric Griffyndor is perfect! What a great concept! Poor Remus. People all seem to pick on the werewolf! Of course Fudge would do anything to reduce Harry's suppport group. That and he is an opinionated bigot! I really like Kelly and Laura. (I'm partial to the name Laura. It's my daughter's name.) Kingsley is great. I've always admired this character. I'm looking forward to how you develope this story. I've noticed Voldemort and his Death Munchers haven't made much of an appearance yet. Looking forward to "the rest of the story"!

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 7th November 2005 7:12pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Hmmm, We can suggest plot bunnies? if that's the case I'd really like to see someone ask harry an inopproate question while he's under vertiserum, and then have all the magic in the room he's in cease because harry nilled it all in an attempt to not answer.

Chris posted a comment on Monday 7th November 2005 3:37pm for 18 - Visit to Hogwarts

Liked how you covered Harry and Tonks splitting their professional and personal selves.

Don't completely understand what the fuss is about Shack's problem with Harry and Tonks dating. While it is not very professional to date someone working for you I don't see how the wizarding world can say much.

And as for Harry being Baron Black and her Patricarch-pureblood would approve of that I thougt, consolidating the black line by making sure any heirs do have Black blood.

Liked the renewing of the wards. Can't wait for Sept.1 and some very surprised young DeathEaters.

The trip down to the chamber was a nice touch. the thought of Shack excited by the chance to get Basilisk parts was amusing. Wonder what potions they will whip up with the components.

The joke about romantic get aways should get Harry thinking. Here he is dating Tonks and he can't get much alone time with her. Don't the wards cover any of the grounds, maybe a nice picnic in the garden or dinner on one of the towers/balconies at sunset or by candlelight.

Can't wait for the trial, my guess is that it will not be any criminal charges against Harry, Fudge will just use it to discredit Harry a little bit, try to chip away at the popularity that Harry has to make him less of a threat to himself. dumbledore may also be in on it to weaken Harry's position and make him rely more on DD-could be where he was instead of helping with wards.

Can't wait until Harry shows up with his lawyer.

I'm kind of surprised that the new Baron Black hasn't been invited to any social gatherings-Balls, dinner parties, and so forth. High societ usually invites famous and influential people even if they do hate their guts and plot to stab them in the back behind false smiles.
I can just see Harry and Nym causing some gossip with a tango or something scandalous, give them something to talk about.

Update soon.